By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter Portable 3 to be Remastered in HD for PS3

Cool. Doesn't look any better than MH3 on Wii (probably not as good even), but that only proves those graphics are good enough as both games look amazing! Shared save files between PSP and PS3 is genious.

Around the Network

awesome : ) thanks capcom. wow, the ps3 have the best games line up. Monster Hunter is BIG =)

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

looking very good, the game is in FULL HD meaning 1080p

http://playstation3.gaming-universe.de/news/4306_psp-remaster-hdports-fuer-die-ps3-monster-hunter-kommt.html

on this site are 3 pictures wich show how great the game is going to look

Every time I buy new hardware, companies start porting its premier games to the HD consoles, LOL.

Oh well, I still prefer playing games on PS3 to playing them on my PSP, so I'm interested in what else is gonna see that treatment.

here is the video in higher resolution

also info about the camara added to the right analog stick

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/22/mhp3rd_ps3_controls/

Around the Network

That's just fucking retarded, why not just have Tri with all the underwater stuff and the extra content with updated Tri graphics instead of the PSP one? This is another one of Capcom's give me money for minimal effort campign imo.

dahuman said:

That's just fucking retarded, why not just have Tri with all the underwater stuff and the extra content with updated Tri graphics instead of the PSP one? This is another one of Capcom's give me money for minimal effort campign imo.

Sure, MH Tri has more content but the Portable version has some new monsters. If you have already played Tri you can pick up this Portable version.

If you haven't played Tri you shoouldn't be excited about this... Play Tri instead.

So that explains one of the two exclusive Capcom has this year for the PS3.

cory.ok said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

oi oi this is huge news! especially for japan 0_o why announce this now? well either way AWESOME! I think there might be two versions for ps3/NGP

and MGS: Peace Walker HD is all but confirmed now me thinks...

some more info via andriasang

"

PlayStation 3 is finally getting a Monster Hunter game. Capcom announced Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version for the system today.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD is a PS3 version of the like named PSP title (minus the HD part, of course). The game promises full HD visuals, 3D support, shared save data with the PSP version (allowing you to play both on the go and in the home), and online play via Ad Hoc Party. A release is set for Summer.

As the name and Ad Hoc Party might suggest, this actually isn't a new title. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD is part of a new PlayStation 3 series from Sony called PSP Remaster. This series features PSP titles customized for re-release on PS3.

The announcement of MHP 3rd HD came today during an event held to commemorate the mobile Monster Hunter Club having crossed the one million membership mark. The event was live streamed. You can see a video here."

ps3 will have a very nice summer :D

ohh shared save data, i like that. play at home and on the go easily with cloud saving

i like that too.  i'm not 100% on monster hunter but i hope more games do this shared save data.

I don't really see why people are saying this is killing the PSP.  People in the west barely buy any PSP software these days, and when they do it is stuff like FIFA, LBP, and GT.  All of those games have better versions on the PS3.  In Japan, they actually use the PSP as a portable, so releasing a handful of old games on a home console shouldn't really affect it.

Releasing lots of PSP games on the PS2 was probably far more damaging.