By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter Portable 3 to be Remastered in HD for PS3

Apparently this was just announced via JP.PlayStation.com:

PSP

PS3

It sounds like Sony is pushing an HD PSP line between this and the rumored God of War Collection.

Around the Network

Sony to make a heavy push for PSP HD ports to the PS3 confirmed this E3

I also believe all these remakes (if rumors are true) will make their way to the NGP for a decent, bulky NGP game debut lineup.

Now go answer my question sun-basking bastard!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

How can it still be called "portable"? Not quite the same as getting a purpose built MH on PS3, but it'll do I suppose.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3 HD remaster please!!!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

i used to have a psp a long time ago, dont have it anymore and have been interested in a few psp games that released after i lost it, i would buy some of them

oi oi this is huge news! especially for japan 0_o why announce this now? well either way AWESOME! I think there might be two versions for ps3/NGP

and MGS: Peace Walker HD is all but confirmed now me thinks...

some more info via andriasang

"

PlayStation 3 is finally getting a Monster Hunter game. Capcom announced Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version for the system today.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD is a PS3 version of the like named PSP title (minus the HD part, of course). The game promises full HD visuals, 3D support, shared save data with the PSP version (allowing you to play both on the go and in the home), and online play via Ad Hoc Party. A release is set for Summer.

As the name and Ad Hoc Party might suggest, this actually isn't a new title. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD is part of a new PlayStation 3 series from Sony called PSP Remaster. This series features PSP titles customized for re-release on PS3.

The announcement of MHP 3rd HD came today during an event held to commemorate the mobile Monster Hunter Club having crossed the one million membership mark. The event was live streamed. You can see a video here."

ps3 will have a very nice summer :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Im definitely down for all these PSP HD remakes. Keep them coming.

M.U.G.E.N said:

oi oi this is huge news! especially for japan 0_o why announce this now? well either way AWESOME! I think there might be two versions for ps3/NGP

and MGS: Peace Walker HD is all but confirmed now me thinks...

some more info via andriasang

"

PlayStation 3 is finally getting a Monster Hunter game. Capcom announced Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Version for the system today.

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD is a PS3 version of the like named PSP title (minus the HD part, of course). The game promises full HD visuals, 3D support, shared save data with the PSP version (allowing you to play both on the go and in the home), and online play via Ad Hoc Party. A release is set for Summer.

As the name and Ad Hoc Party might suggest, this actually isn't a new title. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD is part of a new PlayStation 3 series from Sony called PSP Remaster. This series features PSP titles customized for re-release on PS3.

The announcement of MHP 3rd HD came today during an event held to commemorate the mobile Monster Hunter Club having crossed the one million membership mark. The event was live streamed. You can see a video here."

ps3 will have a very nice summer :D

ohh shared save data, i like that. play at home and on the go easily with cloud saving

I hope other company follow Capcom and make more HD version of PSP games. I would love Square Enix to copy this with Final Fantasy Type-0.

Sounds good bad profitable.

Sounds like PS3 just won Japan 

It's just that simple.