By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter Portable 3 to be Remastered in HD for PS3

M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Xxain said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Soriku said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

you're kidding right? I'm confused now, are we discussing gameplay and everything here because now THAT can be subjective and people might say one is better than the other. but graphics? hell no

No, I'm talking about graphics. Look again and compare it to MH3. They didn't even redo the textures in the HD version, it just looks upscaled and that's it. Not as good as MH3 but the difference isn't huge though.

you ARE being serious 0_0 you do realize, the game will be in HD right? right? and how crappy the sd mhtri will look in comparison on a HD screen right? and did you even see the screenshots posted above? or the original video posted? I'm sorry but just no

OMG ENOOOOOUGH!

nah I've just had enough of these hit and run posts from Ninty fans entirely. I know they don't have any games worth talking about in their forums these days but this is just getting out of hand. If they keep posting, I will respond, sorry

Ooh, I see what you did there

I'm surprised you haven't got banned because of that, it's happened before...

Also, Xxain is right. Why are we even arguing when Tri is the clear(ish) winner? A PSP game can't compete, a polished turd is still a turd, after all (not being mean to the PSP, just it lacks the horsepower of a home console )

why be banned for that? 0_o that's the truth, right now ninty forums is cluttered with threads about why 3ds/cafe/wii is doomed or doing ok or why sony fans are the villainz...I can give you at least 10 posts way worse than mine to ban most of the ninty crowd here..and hey you came in here and derailed the topic, you should be banned too..but look who is still here..it happens all the time tho ;)

but hey going by that definition all wii games are polished turds too compared to HD consoles :D not being mean to the wii here, it just lacks the horsepower of the HD consoles. see how your logic is flawed there?

I know exactly what you mean, and yes, my logic is flawed.

No-one deserves to get banned for anything like that, but it happens. But this is where the de-railment STOPS! No more arguing over graphics or banning or whatever. Just hyping up the new games, as it should be

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

I know exactly what you mean, and yes, my logic is flawed.

No-one deserves to get banned for anything like that, but it happens. But this is where the de-railment STOPS! No more arguing over graphics or banning or whatever. Just hyping up the new games, as it should be

sounds good to me :) cheers

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

There is a trailer available.

Take a look at my photos on flickr

Conegamer said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

nah I've just had enough of these hit and run posts from Ninty fans entirely. I know they don't have any games worth talking about in their forums these days but this is just getting out of hand. If they keep posting, I will respond, sorry

Ooh, I see what you did there

I'm surprised you haven't got banned because of that, it's happened before...

Also, Xxain is right. Why are we even arguing when Tri is the clear(ish) winner? A PSP game can't compete, a polished turd is still a turd, after all (not being mean to the PSP, just it lacks the horsepower of a home console )

Actually I'm surprised you havn't been banned. And those PS3 screens Boutros posted absoloutely shit all over tri. Just admit it.

@graphic discussion:

Actually, this is KINDA subjective.

The Wii version is more detailed, since it's another engine (and better) than the PSP one. However the PS3 version (obviously) runs in HD, therefore it has that "sparkle" so it depends of what you preffer.

Say... if they ported the Wii version and upscaled it to HD pS3 would win hands down.

Edit: It's like if they upscaled Mario 64 to 1080p and released it in the same engine and compared it to Mario Sunshine.

Around the Network

I got excited when it said the ability to play online but then it said via Ad-hoc. >_< Ad-hoc is shit, you need a wired connection to use it. What a wasted oppertunity, they're so lazy that they couldn't even be bothered adding a proper online and what's worse is that it'll probably never get released in the west. =P

Also you people arguing about the graphics are being silly. Obviously Tri is going to be graphically superior and 3rdHD is going to look sharper. Although Tri running on dolphing is superior in every espect.

BBS , Crisis Core, Dissidia, Portable Ops, Peace Walker

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Monster Hunter Tri 720P

Monster Hunter P3 ps3 720P

I know which one looks clearer, and more exciting

Can't wait for the probable release of KH Birth By Sleep, both GOWs, Killzone, Resistance, all MGS', and Patapons....hopefully.

Systems I Own: PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, 3DS, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Genesis/Sega CD, Atari 2600, Atari Jaguar, Game Boy, GB Advance, Game Gear, Intellivision, PC, Xbox, Sega Saturn, Virtual Boy

MH Tri has much more advanced textures, post-processing effects, better animations, etc. PS3 version has a higer resolution which makes the game look sharper and more vibrant.

Which look you prefer is pure subjective, but technically MH Tri is much better than PS3 version of portable. Which should be obvious to everyone as you're comparing a Wii game with a PSP game.

I can play the original Doom in 1920x1080 as well, doesn't make it graphically superior to Crysis running in 1024x786.

In the end it doesn't even matter because Monster Hunter has never been about the fidelity of the graphics.