By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter Portable 3 to be Remastered in HD for PS3

Seeing that Seece and M.U.G.E.N decided to mock me in this thread behind my back, I feel like maybe I shoud say something. 

But what, exactly? I said  to stop the whole argument, which I did. Is that not correct? 

As for the whole banning thing, no-one deserves to get banned for something as petty as that. And wishing things won't make it anymore true, Seece

As for the graphics thing, whatis left to be said that hasn't already been said? It comes down to personal preference. I'll likely still get the game because I love my PS3 and I love MH, but not playing online would be a real pain for me. But no doubt it'll still be a great game that I will enjoy, along with many others

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Man they're really stretching the word "remastered" here lol. More like "ported with some light cleaning." Still, I'd buy a number of "remastered" titles including VC 2 3, GoW Collection, MGS Peacewalker, and of course MHP3rd. Even as a PSP owner. 

HD Trailer.

And pics.

http://www.pspgweber.com/973/monster-hunter-portable-3rd-details.html

the japan sales are amazing(PSP). the ps3-game give a ps3 a big boost in japan *i think*.

i'm happy. this game is good and for me the best monster hunter.

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

outlawauron said:
dahuman said:

That's just fucking retarded, why not just have Tri with all the underwater stuff and the extra content with updated Tri graphics instead of the PSP one? This is another one of Capcom's give me money for minimal effort campign imo.

Because MH fans seem to buy the game on PSP, not on consoles. Thus, implying that their fans would rather like a remastered version of a far more popular game.

I... don't understand that logic at all.

The unpopular part is that it's on consoles... which...  This is going to be on consoles.

That's like saying Mc Donalds Hamburgers sell more then restruant hamburgers... so if restraunts should sell Mc Donalds hamburgers because that's what people want.

The correct answer is... the Wii version isn't a PSP Game, therefore capcom wouldn't of got whatever super bonus it got from Sony to lead the PSP remastered titles.  Probably a big deal on liscensing or maybe even sony paid for the port costs.

Around the Network

This is kinda stupid to me...

Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
dahuman said:

That's just fucking retarded, why not just have Tri with all the underwater stuff and the extra content with updated Tri graphics instead of the PSP one? This is another one of Capcom's give me money for minimal effort campign imo.

Because MH fans seem to buy the game on PSP, not on consoles. Thus, implying that their fans would rather like a remastered version of a far more popular game.

The unpopular part is that it's on consoles... which...  This is going to be on consoles.

That's like saying Mc Donalds Hamburgers sell more then restruant hamburgers... so if restraunts should sell Mc Donalds hamburgers because that's what people want.

The correct answer is... the Wii version isn't a PSP Game, therefore capcom wouldn't of got whatever super bonus it got from Sony to lead the PSP remastered titles.  Probably a big deal on liscensing or maybe even sony paid for the port costs.

Imagine another fanbase where one thing is quite popular and another entry is the series is far less popular. The fans would almost certainly rather a remake or re-release of their favorite over a much less popular edition in the series.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
dahuman said:

Imagine another fanbase where one thing is quite popular and another entry is the series is far less popular. The fans would almost certainly rather a remake or re-release of their favorite over a much less popular edition in the series.

Don't see that as the case.  Not when both products just came out recently.  If this were 10 years from now... sure you'd have a point... but 2 years later? 

outlawauron said:

But that's not why it sold less. It sold less because it was ona console, not because of the game itself. The PS3 version will similarly selll much much less.

naznatips said:
outlawauron said:

But that's not why it sold less. It sold less because it was ona console, not because of the game itself. The PS3 version will similarly selll much much less.

Which do you think would sell more? A remaster of the Wii game or the PSP game?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.