By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - L.A. Noire was once a six-disc game on Xbox 360

L.A. Noire is awesome so far! I just found a blog that's giving out the DLC for all the extra cases!

I just got my Slip Of The Tongue Case DLC, but I don't know if there's anymore DLC codes left. If you want to check it out, here's the site:

http://freelanoiredlc.com.nu

Around the Network

This is why next generation the medium should be solid state. Maybe a developer wants to optimize the game to ocupy minimum space so they can use the lowest size available; but some other might like to produce a grand scale game. The medium size can be chosen depending on the project.

Plus think of the loading times.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Doobie_wop said:

OT: This is starting to become an issue, Team Bondi are only one of the bunch of developers that have come out and mentioned this already and multi-platform games on multiple disks have become much more frequent in the last couple of years. If a game like L.A. Noire needed to be compressed by that much, I'd imagine that other games in the past would have done the same to just fit on a single disk. Hell, if Platinum struggled to put a five hour game on to the 360 on a single disk, then I can't imagine how hard it would have been with a game like Red Dead.

Much more frequent in the past few years? How many multi disc games have there been over the years?

2011 has LA Noire, Rage, and there might be others.

2010 had FFXIII, Castlevania, and Mass Effect 2.

2009 had Star Ocean and Forza 3.

2008 had Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, and Lost Odyssey.

2007 had Blue Dragon.

I could be missing a few but as you can see multi disc games have remained pretty stable over the years.

So over 700 games have been released on discs and a very tiny number actually needed multiple discs. New 360 discs will give developers another 1.15GB of space to work with and they've done amazing things with what they had.

I'm kinda reluctant to believe Vanquish was difficult to fit on a DVD but I haven't played it. Red Dead is a great example of how much you can do with a DVD. Just so you know Fallout: New Vegas is only like a 4.7 GB install and that game has a ton content.

We saw a lot of articles of developers complaining about storage space. But we are almost 6 years into this gen and a single DVD has been sufficient for  99% of the games released. If more games start needing a disc swap in the middle of a campaign, who cares? There were a lot of multi disc games in past gens and nobody bitched this much.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

^yea that there

Also i wish i knew how to add photos from my desktop the way they placed the 360 disc into the case is really nice.

Around the Network

Ah...the "was once" game...I've played this before.

PS3 "was once" a console which was supposed to have 2 HDMI outs for 2 TVs, do full 1080p, have PS2 backwards compatibility and a the most powerful GPU ever created.(all announced on 2005 e3 press conference for sony)

What happened?

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm kinda reluctant to believe Vanquish was difficult to fit on a DVD but I haven't played it. Red Dead is a great example of how much you can do with a DVD. Just so you know Fallout: New Vegas is only like a 4.7 GB install and that game has a ton content.

We saw a lot of articles of developers complaining about storage space. But we are almost 6 years into this gen and a single DVD has been sufficient for  99% of the games released. If more games start needing a disc swap in the middle of a campaign, who cares? There were a lot of multi disc games in past gens and nobody bitched this much.

Vanquish has a bit more than 5GB.

I always find it funny when people think that certain thigs were cut just to fit it on a certain number of discs. Bullshit.
Same that compressing always leads to a lack of quality. Ever used Winrar or Winzip ? Zero loss.
Compressing a bitmap to a jpg with 97% compression (or png) ? 0,1 % visible difference, 10x lower size.
Same is obviously true for music and so on.

Absolutely pathetic how we still have games released on multiple discs. The PS3 version is superior alone for the fact that it is on one disc, only an idiot who has both consoles would pick up the xbox version.

so in other words...without the port the "original" LA Noire is looking way better...

Mr Puggsly said:
Doobie_wop said:

OT: This is starting to become an issue, Team Bondi are only one of the bunch of developers that have come out and mentioned this already and multi-platform games on multiple disks have become much more frequent in the last couple of years. If a game like L.A. Noire needed to be compressed by that much, I'd imagine that other games in the past would have done the same to just fit on a single disk. Hell, if Platinum struggled to put a five hour game on to the 360 on a single disk, then I can't imagine how hard it would have been with a game like Red Dead.

Much more frequent in the past few years? How many multi disc games have there been over the years?

2011 has LA Noire, Rage, and there might be others.

2010 had FFXIII, Castlevania, and Mass Effect 2.

2009 had Star Ocean and Forza 3.

2008 had Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, and Lost Odyssey.

2007 had Blue Dragon.

I could be missing a few but as you can see multi disc games have remained pretty stable over the years.

So over 700 games have been released on discs and a very tiny number actually needed multiple discs. New 360 discs will give developers another 1.15GB of space to work with and they've done amazing things with what they had.

I don't think Microsoft should jump ship and move to a new format next week, they just have to do something about it next generation. Storage on the 360 is starting to become a problem, it doesn't need to be fixed right away, but Microsoft are obviously updating their disk storage because they know it's an issue.  

Swapping disks is an uneeded inconvience, if it can be avoided, then it should be, it's as simple as that. It also doesn't help that Microsoft have sold more than half of there consoles with such a small hard drive, it was an annoyance having to install all these different disks and then deleting them straight after so that I can install the next game (going from Dead Space 2 to Mass Effect 2). I have a 20 gig hard drive, I haven't got the time or the patience to put up with more of that, especially when my other consoles just need one disk in, a start up screen and I'm playing with no fuss.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752