By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - being gay a choice vs born that way.

being gay a choice vs born that way.

It's a lifestyle choice 120 25.53%

Your born that way 250 53.19%

no opinion 36 7.66%

other---for anything I missed 62 13.19%

Total:468
fordy said:

Here's an exercise to all the hetero people who are still convinced that homosexuality is a choice:

If homosexuality is a choice made by someone, then it must be a choice that everyone has the ability to make. I dare you to sit down and "choose" to be attracted to the same gender. Let's see hpw far you go on that. And when you fail, and realise just how wrong it feels, keep in mind that that's how millions of gays forced to lived a heterosexual life feel like all the time.

theres lots of things people chose to do that, most/all people would think isnt possible/right.

yet people still do them, for a variety of reasons

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
fordy said:

Here's an exercise to all the hetero people who are still convinced that homosexuality is a choice:

If homosexuality is a choice made by someone, then it must be a choice that everyone has the ability to make. I dare you to sit down and "choose" to be attracted to the same gender. Let's see hpw far you go on that. And when you fail, and realise just how wrong it feels, keep in mind that that's how millions of gays forced to lived a heterosexual life feel like all the time.

theres lots of things people chose to do that, most/all people would think isnt possible/right.

yet people still do them, for a variety of reasons

Because everyone is different. We aren't logic machines, destined to turn out the same. Moods and thoughts are associated with chemical imbalances within the brain, whether those imbalances exist from birth or are somehow implanted is another story.

Now, let's take something else causes by differing chemical balance, such as depression. Did those people choose to be sad? Including the ones who are depressed for no reason at all? What about ADD? Did they choose to be ignorant?

Now before anyone gets on my back about comparing homosexuality to disorders: 1. ALL moods are chemical imbalances. Heterosexuality is just as much of an imbalance as homosexuality, and 2. They are only called disorder by their definition as something that does not comply to order. Order is a virtual structure made up by people, who wish to categorize things in the realities of "normal".

Rath said:
osamanobama said:

its largely environmental, so its a choice.

no one is born Gay.

but no one should hate gays, you should love the person and hate the sin.

edit: people (espcecially mods, learn what homophobia means, its one of the most misused term that is just thrown out there, to try to discredit peoples arguments)

Homophobia means a prejudice against homosexuality.

The "-phobia" bit on the end is actually a bit of a misnomer, it doesn't really mean an irrational fear of homosexuality.

Also I agree that Dr.Grass didn't deserve to be banned for that comment, not when the topic is about whether being gay is a choice.

Yeah that ban in thi thread was extremely uncalled for. THen I saw the moderator that doled it out and it made a ton of sense. Especially considering I said something similar except I elaborated on it some.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Rath said:
osamanobama said:

no one is born Gay.

edit: people (espcecially mods, learn what homophobia means, its one of the most misused term that is just thrown out there, to try to discredit peoples arguments)

Homophobia means a prejudice against homosexuality.

The "-phobia" bit on the end is actually a bit of a misnomer, it doesn't really mean an irrational fear of homosexuality.

Also I agree that Dr.Grass didn't deserve to be banned for that comment, not when the topic is about whether being gay is a choice.

Yeah that ban in thi thread was extremely uncalled for. THen I saw the moderator that doled it out and it made a ton of sense. Especially considering I said something similar except I elaborated on it some.

if there are concerns about innapropriate banning the reasonable course would be to bring the issue to a higher moderator for review.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
vlad321 said:

if there are concerns about innapropriate banning the reasonable course would be to bring the issue to a higher moderator for review.

I wonder how often naznatips gets such calls.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
MrBubbles said:
vlad321 said:

i message machina if i have problems.  hes very helpful and fair and most importantly hes always been polite to me...which i found nazna was sometimes not...

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
vlad321 said:
MrBubbles said:
vlad321 said:

i message machina if i have problems.  hes very helpful and fair and most importantly hes always been polite to me...which i found nazna was sometimes not...

Huh, I have always found both of them to be helpful and fair. As far as fairness naz more so than machina whther I liek it or not.

vlad321 said:
MrBubbles said:
vlad321 said:
MrBubbles said:
vlad321 said:

Huh, I have always found both of them to be helpful and fair. As far as fairness naz more so than machina whther I liek it or not.

i meant that he was rude sometimes.

osamanobama said:

no one is born Gay.

That is so true...

fordy said:

Ah, good one. QFT.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046