By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - being gay a choice vs born that way.

being gay a choice vs born that way.

It's a lifestyle choice 120 25.53%

Your born that way 250 53.19%

no opinion 36 7.66%

other---for anything I missed 62 13.19%

Total:468

So are people born gay are is it just a lifestyle choice? Let point out that it doesn't matter to me if a someone is gay,I don't care. So I don't want this thread to be about bashing someone's lifestyle. I'm mostly interested in this topic,because I've heard it talked about over and over again and I want to know what people here on vgchartz think. I personally think when your born,your sexual preference is already determined. People can't help what there atrracted to. It's just human nature,so to me option 2 makes more sense. So let me hear everybody's opinion.

Around the Network

i dont mind if anyone is gay at all its there choice but in my eye's its just gross but i respect peoples decision and lifestyle

Other: Being Gay is the autobiography of Australian country music star Gay Kayler, and if it's not, it should be.

Oo, controversial topic. I think a person is born gay.

One is born gay or straight, or bi or whatever. There is obviously a choice a person is faced when they realise their feelings, one may try to repress one's sexuality or embrace it.

To claim that homosexuality is a choice is exactly like saying that something such as finding blondes hotter than brunettes, is also a lifestyle choice. Liking chocolate over candy/sweets/lollies would also have to be a lifestyle choice.

Around the Network

Is being heterosexual a choice? Is it possible for a heterosexual to choose to become a homosexual just like that?

Honestly, this is a moronic topic.

Yes, I chose to be gay, that's my lifestyle.

I will always be a happy, cheerful, optimistic and postive thinking man.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I understand this question and I know people would get mad about it;.

But their are so many boys/man who are 20 or even 40 who are married have a wife and children ...And then end up gay while they always like women before....   So it is like they became gay (so not born that way) or have made a choice about it;.

Honestly I don't care about gay people , so long I don't have to see it (sorry can't stand it)..

I don't think people are necessarily "born" gay, but I don't think they really have conscience control over what they find attractive; but they do have choice over what impulses they act on.

The reason I think it is important to make a distinction between attraction and action is due to other forms of deviant sexual behaviour; because a sex-offender may believe that they have been "born" with their particular fetish, but they still clearly have a choice on what they act on, and (therefore) claiming "sexual preference" is no excuse for breaking the law.

Lostplanet22 said:

I understand this question and I know people would get mad about it;.

But their are so many boys/man who are 20 or even 40 who are married have a wife and children ...And then end up gay while they always like women before....   So it is like they became gay (so not born that way) or have made a choice about it;.

Honestly I don't care about gay people , so long I don't have to see it (sorry can't stand it)..

lol, you don't honestly think they were straight to begin with do you? The explanation is pretty easy on that one, they were with a woman and had a family through fear of being judged.