By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - being gay a choice vs born that way.

being gay a choice vs born that way.

It's a lifestyle choice 120 25.53%

Your born that way 250 53.19%

no opinion 36 7.66%

other---for anything I missed 62 13.19%

Total:468

I believe some people are born gay, while others might become gay later in life (usually in their teens).

i.e. I think that a change in sexual orientation can be caused by a traumatic experience someone in ones teens, when the hormones are raging.

Around the Network

You're born that way and I'm not even going to get into a discussion on that as to consider it anything else is simply ignorance multiplied by stupidity.

Its no different than any other "abnormal" birth trait, in a purely blunt point of view when "normal" is considered that which will propogate the species and homosexuality obviously does not and the clear majority of the population.

Furthermore, tons of animal species also have homosexual minorities. Its simply part of nature.

superchunk said:

You're born that way and I'm not even going to get into a discussion on that as to consider it anything else is simply ignorance multiplied by stupidity.

Its no different than any other "abnormal" birth trait, in a purely blunt point of view when "normal" is considered that which will propogate the species and homosexuality obviously does not and the clear majority of the population.

Furthermore, tons of animal species also have homosexual minorities. Its simply part of nature.

So, how come sometimes when men are imprisoned for long periods of time they become gay? 

If I never knew females existed, I'm pretty sure I'd be screwing guys. 

The environment has the potential to turn someone gay.

It's not ignorance, its science.

S____M____C____C said:
superchunk said:

So, how come sometimes when men are imprisoned for long periods of time they become gay? 

If I never knew females existed, I'm pretty sure I'd be screwing guys. 

The environment has the potential to turn someone gay.

It's not ignorance, its science.

They are not gay. They still choose women when they get out. They have sex with other men out of necessity and for a more brutal, domination, factor.

I hate carrots. However, if all I had to eat were shit loads of carrots, I'd eat fucking carrots.

you can train not to like things, by getitng punished with a shock of say 50.000volt

so if you got wacked parents who want you to be gay, they zap you when you get a boner from some random chick

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

you can train not to like things, by getitng punished with a shock of say 50.000volt

so if you got wacked parents who want you to be gay, they zap you when you get a boner from some random chick

that's aversion therapy and it has made people 'non-gay' although I'm pretty sure it's illegal now.

Armads said:

I voted born that way but really I think it's a combination of genetic factors and environmental ones.  You could even go from being straight to gay, I don't see why so many people believe it's like you can only be one in your life.  People's tastes and interests change throughout their lives in many other ways, I don't see why it can't be so for sexuality.  This still doesn't make it a choice persay, like I said it would be a combination of genetic and environmental factors that influence your behaviour.

Pretty much this.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Kamal said:

It's a lifestyle choice, really do get riled up when people say that they were "born" that way. Am not born to like anime, or orange juice so it really annoys me when people say that.

Actually, studies show that a large portion of your tastes for food and drink are inherited. Makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint, as it's generally the stuff that makes you live longer that tastes nice. So, the early ancestors who ate well, and lived longer, were able to pass their dietary habits onto their offspring.

Obviously, this doesn't really work, anymore. Who knows, over time, we might see shifts in tastes away from high fat and high sugars, as its the eating of these things that mainly cause stunts in life expectancy (also, I imagine that people who eat healthier tend to have more offspring - more attractive, greater libido, more fertile, etc).

I'm a HUMAN being just like everyone else so that question is irrelevant to me  

but i was born GAY 

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

whether  someone born this way or not the sure is that society will make him feel GUILTY 

That 's the whole point

even the fact that a thread like this exists 

what is gay ? some kind of science fiction craziness that needs analyzing ?