By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix is doomed. Here's why.

source

To reverse Square Enix's fiscal fortunes, Wada hopes to give a major push to social networking games and apps for high powered cell phones. However, he is unsure if developers who've worked on package games can work in these areas, so he's hoping to make use of external developers. However, he's not considering an acquisition.

Around the Network

I agree. Square Enix are doomed because Wada is running things.

That is what this is about, right?

Yeah! .. Final Fantasy 7 Remake for the iPhone confirmed!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

FF 11 had a 3 million launch just for the PS3 version. It's far from doomed.

Carl2291 said:

I agree. Square Enix are doomed because Wada is running things.

That is what this is about, right?

Agreeded.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:

FF11 had a PS3 version?

On topic; Square Enix seems to have fallen headlong into the problems afflicting most third parties overall, but then have augmented that with a few poor decisions, like the Eidos acquisition and Final Fantasy XIV as a whole. SE seems to be stuck in the thinking of more, bigger, and flashier, which forced Squaresoft into the Enix merger in the first place.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
dsage01 said:

FF11 had a PS3 version?

On topic; Square Enix seems to have fallen headlong into the problems afflicting most third parties overall, but then have augmented that with a few poor decisions, like the Eidos acquisition and Final Fantasy XIV as a whole. SE seems to be stuck in the thinking of more, bigger, and flashier, which forced Squaresoft into the Enix merger in the first place.

unfortuenatle that only translates into how the game looks

FF13

FF14

Last remnat

3rd Birthday

pretty much anything SE themeselves have developed has been terrible in a design sense....but all look great.

Xxain said:
Mr Khan said:
dsage01 said:

FF11 had a PS3 version?

unfortuenatle that only translates into how the game looks

FF13

FF14

Last remnat

3rd Birthday

pretty much anything SE themeselves have developed has been terrible in a design sense....but all look great.

Sorry I meant to say FF13. Not FF11.

Wada is an idiot.

RolStoppable said:

Square-Enix won't be missed. It wasn't a sudden fall from grace, but a gradual decline.

Square-Enix won't be missed, by I would certainly miss the Enix side. The Dragon Quest franchise is still strong and seems to be able to keep churning out new, interesting games, without falling into the same traps as the FF series. DQIX was amazing and the whole franchise still dominates in Japan.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME