By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I don't understand.. why is the PS3 on top now?

Raider84 said:

PSN isn't the only reason to own a PS3. I've been having an insane amount of fun replaying Heavy Rain and trying to Platinum it, as well as re-playing Uncharted 2 trying to find my last few treasures to Platinum that as well. I don't really see why PSN being down for a few weeks would have anything to do with whether someone would buy a console or not. 

Like I quoted before:

"I can't complain. So PSN went down for 3 weeks. Big deal. Thats after 3 years of free online gameplay that I've never had any issues with. Its not the end of the world or anything. If someone was letting me play sports on a court/field/whatever for free everyday for three years, and then said that someone took their truck out on it and tore it up so it would need 3 weeks of renovations... I wouldn't complain. I'd come back in 3 weeks and play again.

The people who make this sound like the end of the world need to grow up. PSN went down, OMFG HAXOR. Can't find anything else to do? Thats sad. If I get free games and an extension on my PSN Plus when it comes back up, thats awesome. If I don't, oh well. I'll keep playing and won't be complaining. Someone stole my name, address, and phone number? So what? Its in the phonebook, its on facebook, its on google, yellowbook, and whatever other websites. They didn't get anything that anyone should be worried about.

Be glad Sony has given us this free service for this long and will continue to do so in the future."

Maybe because NO PS3 exclusive has EVER sold more than Call of Duty MW 2 and Black Ops.

Maybe Uncharted 2 lesting apeal is for its fantastic multplay.

Maybe because there are many FIFA/PES, MK/SF4, Naruto Ninja Storm... etc fanatics. This isnt a COD prerogative.

What about people who have friends, and like to talk and play together? 

PSN blackout is a serius problem Sony and affiliates are losing money every minute it's down.

You cant hide like ostrich, locked in your room away from the world, with your platinum Trophies that no one will see.

Around the Network

Dark_Feanor said:

Maybe because NO PS3 exclusive has EVER sold more than Call of Duty MW 2 and Black Ops.

Maybe because there are many FIFA/PES, MK/SF4, Naruto Ninja Storm... etc fanatics. This isnt a COD prerogative.

PSN blackout is a serius problem Sony and affiliates are losing money every minute it's down.

You cant hide like ostrich, locked in your room away from the world, with your platinum Trophies that no one will see.

You know... the PSN will be back soon... it's temporary not a big deal.

Some guys are acting like PSN down is forever.

Dark_Feanor said:
Raider84 said:

PSN isn't the only reason to own a PS3. I've been having an insane amount of fun replaying Heavy Rain and trying to Platinum it, as well as re-playing Uncharted 2 trying to find my last few treasures to Platinum that as well. I don't really see why PSN being down for a few weeks would have anything to do with whether someone would buy a console or not. 

Like I quoted before:

"I can't complain. So PSN went down for 3 weeks. Big deal. Thats after 3 years of free online gameplay that I've never had any issues with. Its not the end of the world or anything. If someone was letting me play sports on a court/field/whatever for free everyday for three years, and then said that someone took their truck out on it and tore it up so it would need 3 weeks of renovations... I wouldn't complain. I'd come back in 3 weeks and play again.

The people who make this sound like the end of the world need to grow up. PSN went down, OMFG HAXOR. Can't find anything else to do? Thats sad. If I get free games and an extension on my PSN Plus when it comes back up, thats awesome. If I don't, oh well. I'll keep playing and won't be complaining. Someone stole my name, address, and phone number? So what? Its in the phonebook, its on facebook, its on google, yellowbook, and whatever other websites. They didn't get anything that anyone should be worried about.

Be glad Sony has given us this free service for this long and will continue to do so in the future."

no 360 exclusive has outsold blackops either so whats your point?

I dont know about the everyone else is doing so bad the PS3 wins by default. The 360 is up YoY sales. The PS3 just appeals to everyone, everywhere. Eventually that is going to rise a console to the top. Especially in the long run of things. 

bugrimmar said:

I don't get it. No PSN, and people are buying the console more now than others? No price cut, no extra compelling software, no new peripheral, nothing I can see.. aside from PSN being broken. What gives?

It has a competitive price now and more better games. People who didn't buy it when it original launched at $600 are now buying it. A lot of the casual gamers are now slowly jumping on board. It still won't catch the Wii before the next gen starts, but might catch the XBox 360. Depends on how it does the next 2 holidays. I expect the PS to be at $199 before the next-gen starts and the XBox 360 will be at $129. The Wii will eventually get as low as $99 right after the Wii 2 launches and the next -gen will begin.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network
RVDondaPC said:

I dont know about the everyone else is doing so bad the PS3 wins by default. The 360 is up YoY sales. The PS3 just appeals to everyone, everywhere. Eventually that is going to rise a console to the top. Especially in the long run of things. 

True, but so does the Wii, which is why it'll reaching 100 million consoles sold within the next 2 years. If the XBox 360 was a hit in Japan it would have sold at least another 4-5 million consoles by now. Microsoft only thorn for the 360 is the Asia market.

'gaming till I'm gone'

LA Noire on 3 discs for 360, whereas 1 Blu-Ray disc packs it up for PS3.  One out of many reasons why PS3 appeals to a wider mass.

After alot of  major sales numbers mistakes from VGC i dont trust the sales numbers anymore and i come here only to read the gamerfeeds and the threads.

GameAnalyser said:

LA Noire on 3 discs for 360, whereas 1 Blu-Ray disc packs it up for PS3.  One out of many reasons why PS3 appeals to a wider mass.

This.  When asked by the store clerk if I wanted LA Noire for my 360 or PS3, I said "Three discs?  How can I enjoy the game if its on so many discs?"  You KNOW which version I had to have!

kowenicki said:

lies, damn lies and statistics....

Market share to 15th May 2010 for PS3 and 360 when looking at HD console sales only:

PS3:  60%  and 360:  40%

Market share to 14th May 2011 for PS3 and 360 when looking at HD console sales only:

PS3:  54%  and 360:   46%

add on top the demise of the Wii and voila!!... the illusion is complete.

Erm nothing..

Edit: In fact what I said may be relevant, but who were you answering to? Oo