By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I don't understand.. why is the PS3 on top now?

I don't get it. No PSN, and people are buying the console more now than others? No price cut, no extra compelling software, no new peripheral, nothing I can see.. aside from PSN being broken. What gives?

Around the Network

dont know... maybe bacause normal consumers see the rack of ps3 games increasing a lot these past years months

and for wii and x360 not?

or maybe better exclusive games?

or maybe brand name.

This isn't to undermine the PS3 or anything, but I really think the PS3 is on top right now by default. It is basically the least flawed console at the moment. Xbox 360 has few new games for it, and Kinect is plummeting towards inevitable irrelivency without any new games released for it. PSP is becoming outdated aside from Japan, eclipsed by DS and 3DS. And Nintendo in general has taken a turn for the worse lately with all its platforms, reverting back to its hardcore ways while ignoring the mass market, which has marginalized their fan base to a small niche.

So basically, I don't exactly see PS3 as doing the best right now, but at doing the least that is wrong. The industry is in a sad state right now, as all three companies are either standing by idly or making dumb moves.

Because it came after the highest selling console of all time and because Sony has excellent logistics especially in 2nd/3rd world markets where Microsoft/Nintendo barely have the same presence. You have to remember that the PS2 has sold 36 million since the PS3 was out in addition to another 120 million before the release of the PS3.

Tease.

It's the best console on the market right now?  I mean, the Wii is loosing steam faster than......a steam losing thingy.  The 360 isn't pumping out nearly as many exclusive games as it used to so it's not making people want to rush out and pick one up (I don't know why it's still kicking so much ass in America, to be honest) aside from the awesome Kinect peripheral.  For now, the PS3 is where it's at.

360 doing great in America and mediocre/shitty everywhere else can't overcome PS3 doing good in America and pretty good/great everywhere else.

Around the Network

PS3 is starting to become cool just like PSX and PS2 were cool. I hardly hear anyone say they want to buy a 360 anymore, but everyone I know who wants a console wants a PS3.

The game library is starting to shit on the 360 library as well, and it will only increase.

I was perplexed as well. It probably will have a sharp drop if this shortage continues much longer, but maybe I am overestimating the want for online gaming.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Its got the games.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Because Sony simply sit down and pump out awesome exclusive game after exclusive game for the NON-CORE gamer, instead of trying to cater to the so call CORE gamer market that are so unpredictable.

PS3 is a true hardcore gamer machine, the PSN thing is an unpredictable criminal act, XBOX live is just as vulnerable.Just that M$ never took a stance against the hackers like Sony did and piss them off so much.

people now see that PS3 is the best option? ^^