By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I don't understand.. why is the PS3 on top now?

To put it simply, PS3 has been the underdog of this console gen, trying to cover all the loopholes that was needed for the sneak up.

Around the Network
XanderZane said:
RVDondaPC said:

I dont know about the everyone else is doing so bad the PS3 wins by default. The 360 is up YoY sales. The PS3 just appeals to everyone, everywhere. Eventually that is going to rise a console to the top. Especially in the long run of things. 

True, but so does the Wii, which is why it'll reaching 100 million consoles sold within the next 2 years. If the XBox 360 was a hit in Japan it would have sold at least another 4-5 million consoles by now. Microsoft only thorn for the 360 is the Asia market.

Yeah but the Wii really doesn't appeal to 'every' audience, it's sorely lacking a viable online infrastructure, viable video playback combined with gaming.  Ultimately the technology in it is out-dated compared to the PS3 which is why we're seeing week after week of PS3 superior sales.  The Wii will keep selling solidly on brand recognition alone but it won't beat the PS2 in my eyes when it's all said and done and the PS3 will probably end up outselling the 360 / Wii for years to come (Even if it isn't by huge amounts).

d21lewis said:
GameAnalyser said:

LA Noire on 3 discs for 360, whereas 1 Blu-Ray disc packs it up for PS3.  One out of many reasons why PS3 appeals to a wider mass.

This.  When asked by the store clerk if I wanted LA Noire for my 360 or PS3, I said "Three discs?  How can I enjoy the game if its on so many discs?"  You KNOW which version I had to have.

The store clerk puts both consoles bundled with their LA Noire versions. He needs to see how the customer reacts to that. Its likely that majority would be inclined to PS3. This, the clerk would avoid saying. Obviously at the end of the day, either way sales matter the most..retailers don't want any consoles lying in the shelves for long.

GameAnalyser said:
d21lewis said:
GameAnalyser said:

LA Noire on 3 discs for 360, whereas 1 Blu-Ray disc packs it up for PS3.  One out of many reasons why PS3 appeals to a wider mass.

This.  When asked by the store clerk if I wanted LA Noire for my 360 or PS3, I said "Three discs?  How can I enjoy the game if its on so many discs?"  You KNOW which version I had to have.

The store clerk puts both consoles bundled with their LA Noire versions. He needs to see how the customer reacts to that. Its likely that majority would be inclined to PS3. This, the clerk would avoid saying. Obviously at the end of the day, either way sales matter the most..retailers don't want any consoles lying in the shelves for long.

Thanks!