By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I don't understand.. why is the PS3 on top now?

probably because online games dont determine how well a console sells, just games in general and thats one thing the ps3 has plenty of.  not to mention socom and mk just being released.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

Around the Network

Its perfectly normal PS3 is selling well at this point. I don't see why anyone is surprised

Albion said:

Its perfectly normal PS3 is selling well at this point. I don't see why anyone is surprised

I agree.

@BHR-3 predicted that last year with some great arguments.

New customers would mostly care about the game library, PSN would not be a priority yet (if at all) for them. PS3 has been going strong with new exclusives, (already released, and yet to be released) so I don't think we should be that surprised. 

Still, Sony needs to restore PSN ASAP.

xinstantnoodlez said:

It's only outisde of america where the ps3 dominates...if it wasn't for the 360's abysmal japan numbers, it would be the number one console worldwide...

Oh wow...
Welcome to planet earth. Population: Almost 7 billions

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

d21lewis said:
Metallicube said:

This isn't to undermine the PS3 or anything, but I really think the PS3 is on top right now by default. It is basically the least flawed console at the moment. Xbox 360 has few new games for it, and Kinect is plummeting towards inevitable irrelivency without any new games released for it. PSP is becoming outdated aside from Japan, eclipsed by DS and 3DS. And Nintendo in general has taken a turn for the worse lately with all its platforms, reverting back to its hardcore ways while ignoring the mass market, which has marginalized their fan base to a small niche.

So basically, I don't exactly see PS3 as doing the best right now, but at doing the least that is wrong. The industry is in a sad state right now, as all three companies are either standing by idly or making dumb moves.

I agree with this post.  I don't know why the "winner" in the video games race always starts fucking up for no apparent reason.  It happens every single time!  There's no reason why Nintendo should have lost to Sony in 1996-2000 except blind stupity.  There's no reason why Sony should have lost their lead in 2006 to Nintendo AND Microsoft aside from total retardation.  There's no reason why Nintendo and Microsoft should be sitting still and letting Sony make up ground this gen aside from a lack of focus.  It's like working hard to get a hot girl to fall in love with you, marrying her and then ignoring her!!  Companies work so hard to get the lead--why won't they work hard to keep the lead!?

Smug complacency more or less.

Many companies fail to genuinely keep pushing the envelope once they're the de facto industry leader. It's not that they want to relinquish that status, so much that they either can't or don't want to imagine a situation in which their fortunes are reversed so they don't go the extra mile in every aspect of their business to not only maintain their lead, but continue to extend it.

Sony assumed, practically dictated "You will buy a PS3 for $600" following the complete dominance of the PS2.

Nintendo has been nothing but smug since the Wii became a runaway hit with consumers and only now, once the cracks are beginning to appear are we hearing official statements that no longer reflect this sentiment.

As long as a company is still in contention within an industry, being behind or even dead last is pretty strong motivation for making a serious effort in all aspects to remedy the situation. SCE had the most improvement to make, the most ground to recover, and should be making the greatest effort to improve as a result if they want to see their fortunes change. Focusing on games seems to be the right approach as it virtually always is.

Around the Network

6.9 billion people live outside of the U.S...but less than 200,00 are buying PS3s....yeah...good analogy

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

people are learning about the move controller and upgrading to an HD Wii console? lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I'm a firm believer that games sells system. PS3 has more variety of exclusive games and a better overall library of games when compare to other system at the moment. My X360/Wii is quite lonely at the moment and theirs a reason why. With inFAMOUS 2, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal, The Last Gaurdian etc. on the way, my PS3 has all of my attention.

ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:

And guys, what games PS3 has this year that make it so superior to 360 releases?

Already relesed...

Little Big Planet 2
Killzone 3
MLB 11 The Show
SOCOM 4
Yakuza 4
PlayStation Move Heroes
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
Hyperdimension Neptunia

To coming...

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
The Last Guardian
inFAMOUS 2
Journey
MotorStorm Apocalypse
No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise
PixelJunk Shooter 2
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Resistance 3
Sorcery
Twisted Metal
UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception

All exclusives... and there are more... so what 360 has? Gears 3 and?

PS3 has at least two exclusives per month this year.

And how many unities each of these games will sell.

I bet Gears 3 will sell more than all them together. And Uncharted 3 will be half of the number.

I can count 3 or 4 that will sell more than 1mill.

You forget that each week we see 2 or 3 multplat games.

gamesadict said:

New customers would mostly care about the game library, PSN would not be a priority yet (if at all) for them. PS3 has been going strong with new exclusives, (already released, and yet to be released) so I don't think we should be that surprised. 

Still, Sony needs to restore PSN ASAP.

xinstantnoodlez said:

It's only outisde of america where the ps3 dominates...if it wasn't for the 360's abysmal japan numbers, it would be the number one console worldwide...

Oh wow...
Welcome to planet earth. Population: Almost 7 billions

LOL hahahahaha