By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Notable Users From 2011, Can't Name Any!

ahem...

Around the Network

Uhh, derp? I'm the most notorious member PERIOD let alone 2011! I assume everyone knows and doesn't want to mention eh?

man-bear-pig said:
ahem...

You should put up your country and basically invest in more posting, I became well known because I used to post very frequently and it built up my repuation. Morenoingrato and Rolstoppable (VGChartz's Laurel and Hardy) consider me "a lost cause though."

man-bear-pig said:
ahem...

You can have my vote

I see fewer and fewer users who contribute to discussions and create interesting threads. At the same time, we seem to have more and more users who post for the sake of posting and CAN'T even be bothered to use decent spelling and punctuation. This is an adult site concerning sales figures, not a sports thread on 4chan. And frankly, while sales should be the central focus, great threads can emerge from any topic. People on this site reminisce about the old days between we used to actually be able to have meaningful discussions about both games and issues. Now, a lot of threads seem downright lazy.

There was also a greater sense of community in 2007, 2008, and 2009 to some respect. And believe it or not, it was accomplished without Facebook-style walls and notifications. We just talked and discussed interests.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
kopstudent89 said:
Problem is when the site opened in 2007, many users flocked in then and in 2008 (myself included) because it was new.

Second, heading towards the end of the generation means things aren't as exciting as they were in the beginning. Is the Wii a fad? Will GTA5 be the saviour? Heavenly Sword will save the PS3! Those stuff were quite interesting and kept the forums buzzing.

Also this has been addressed a lot already, but the site used to be more about SALES not games. Sure i don't mind it like this now, but it gave VGC more originality. Now it's like most gaming sites which is why it's become what it is. Well it seems ioi has been working on that for quite some time now so I'm still waiting.

VGC started in '07... wow didn't realize it... slowly looks at profile...

Lol.. well it kicked off in 2007.. Don't be mean :(

superchunk said:
kopstudent89 said:
Problem is when the site opened in 2007, many users flocked in then and in 2008 (myself included) because it was new.

Second, heading towards the end of the generation means things aren't as exciting as they were in the beginning. Is the Wii a fad? Will GTA5 be the saviour? Heavenly Sword will save the PS3! Those stuff were quite interesting and kept the forums buzzing.

Also this has been addressed a lot already, but the site used to be more about SALES not games. Sure i don't mind it like this now, but it gave VGC more originality. Now it's like most gaming sites which is why it's become what it is. Well it seems ioi has been working on that for quite some time now so I'm still waiting.

VGC started in '07... wow didn't realize it... slowly looks at profile...

Holy crap! 06??? - I didn't look at first at first but kopstudent's comment made me look

Daaaaaayum

There are a couple of reasons 2007/8 were the best.

First it was a smaller community, it is naturally going to feel less special to the older users when new people appear (though a few particularly awesome members make themselves known and liked)

Second, back then the focus was on sales and sales related discussion, which is what many of us came to the site for in the first place... there is less of that now that there are reviews and news stories etc, and as some site changes caused some old users to leave there are less of us to discuss with.

pezus said:
2011 is certainly the year I became much more active, but I still created my account in 2009 iirc. Same can be said for many users who started posting much more this year. It's amazing that pezus is in his third year and still this will be his peak year so far, can he go higher in his 4th?

why do you refer to yourself in 3rd person?

miz1q2w3e said:
man-bear-pig said:
ahem...

You can have my vote

yass!!! any more takers???