By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Notable Users From 2011, Can't Name Any!

MontanaHatchet said:

I see fewer and fewer users who contribute to discussions and create interesting threads. At the same time, we seem to have more and more users who post for the sake of posting and CAN'T even be bothered to use decent spelling and punctuation. This is an adult site concerning sales figures, not a sports thread on 4chan. And frankly, while sales should be the central focus, great threads can emerge from any topic. People on this site reminisce about the old days between we used to actually be able to have meaningful discussions about both games and issues. Now, a lot of threads seem downright lazy.

There was also a greater sense of community in 2007, 2008, and 2009 to some respect. And believe it or not, it was accomplished without Facebook-style walls and notifications. We just talked and discussed interests.

Agreed. The quality of the average post has taken a severe tumble the last year or so. Too many one word posts, blatant trolling and long-winded material with grammar and spelling from hell. Of course, one can still get a point across even if the writing isn't on par with a novelist but it kind of detracts from the whole impression of a serious post and the problem is worsened if the point itself is also moot...

I miss the old days but it is what it is and there isn't much else to do about it than stay put and do your best to light up the forums with intelligible posts and some overall effort to maintain a certain level in the least.

Around the Network
pezus said:
You still have to remember that this site is for an international audience and therefore not everyone can write good English. I don't care, as long as I can understand what they're saying (writing). But I do care if they're clearly not putting any effort into it.

I'm aware of this. However, there are some things you have to take into account:

1. Many of the posters with the worst grammar/spelling/punctuation are from the UK or the US.

2. An international audience shouldn't be an excuse for sloppy diction. It's not like Vgchartz is the only site with users from non-English speaking countries. Zexen (for example) had better English skills than most native English speakers, and it wasn't his first language. It's not impossible.

3. This is, at the end of the day, an English-speaking site based in England.

4. It's embarrassing for the site and the community to have posts with horrible grammar/spelling/etc. 

MontanaHatchet said:

1. Many of the posters with the worst grammar/spelling/punctuation are from the UK or the US.

2. An international audience shouldn't be an excuse for sloppy diction. It's not like Vgchartz is the only site with users from non-English speaking countries. Zexen (for example) had better English skills than most native English speakers, and it wasn't his first language. It's not impossible.

3. This is, at the end of the day, an English-speaking site based in England.

4. It's embarrassing for the site and the community to have posts with horrible grammar/spelling/etc. 

Very well put .

spurgeonryan said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
The title of this thread implies that before 2011 there were notable users in this website. hmm, interesting.

Speaking of users what ever happened to you? I have not seen you here in a while!

You know, the usual, shifting from breaks to bans.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Personally the tumble in quality is mainly due to a lot of our prominent users leaving, Highway, Montana (even though you're back now), esmoriet and my first home-boy D-Boy left. Even crown jewel of the site which I personally believe was the Off-topic section has lost it's shine.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Kamal said:

Personally the tumble in quality is mainly due to a lot of our prominent users leaving, Highway, Montana (even though you're back now), esmoriet and my first home-boy D-Boy left. Even crown jewel of the site which I personally believe was the Off-topic section has lost it's shine.

Highway, Benga Benga and Rocketpig have all come back as well. And talon Man.

We had the second-coming of the Spurge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

What about Andrespetmonkey!?

definitely http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/91671/blessingdiane/

she tried to hook up with all of us... we had a manly fight about that...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

What will I get for trying to be a notable user?

Andrespetmonkey said:
What about Andrespetmonkey!?

Dont take note of these old clowns....Id say you a pretty notable user. In fact i think theres quite a few from 2010 and 2011. The site wouldnt be the same without them.

Some of the people in here and in general on the site spend way to much time talking about "the good old days" which is counterproductive imo. I agree with many of the issues...but i dont see the need to constantly bring it up. Doesnt exactly inspire newer members.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|