Insomniac's premier game should NOT have been a FPS

I agree, IG would do bett... 21 27.27%

I agree, FPS are oversaturated 20 25.97%

I agree, for other reasons 6 7.79%

I disagree, IG is best with the FPS genre 5 6.49%

I disagree, FPS are always welcomed 9 11.69%

I disagree, for other reasons 16 20.78%

Total:77

I feel that Insomniac Games, the developer of Ratchet & Resistance, should have made a non-FPS game for the PS3. I know there's ratchet, but I feel that if IG didn't make Resistance, they could have created a better IP. Here are my reasons.

1. Insomniac could have made a higher quality game if they made a non-FPS. Back in the PS2 era, Inosomniac was apart of the platfroming trio formed by Insomniac, Naughty Dog, and Sucker Punch. Back then, I felt that Insomniac was the best of the three. However, as of know, I feel like Insomniac is the weakest.

Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch uprgraded; Insomniac downgraded. Naughty Dog went from a pretty good game with Jak to Uncharted which is hailed by many as the greatest series on the PS3. Sucker Punch went from Sly, which was awesome, and created inFamous which I feel will be neck-and-neck with Uncharted after inFamous 2 is released; making inFamous one of the MUST-BUY games along with Uncharted, God of War, MGS4, etc. Insomniac went from Ratchet & Clank, a series superior to both Jak & Sly, to Resistance which is quite inferior to inFamous & Uncharted IMO. I believe this is because it's a shooter. If they made an action-adventure game, they would have upgraded like Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch.

Insomniac could have made a game as good as... BETTER than Uncharted . . . possibly. By making an action adventure game, Naughty Dog & Sucker Punch were able to use their experience with platforming, 3rd person viewing, etc and incorporate it in with their PS3 titles. Had Insomniac gone the ND/SP route, they could have made a game on the calibur of Uncharted/inFamous. Seeing as how I beleive Ratchet was SUPERIOR TO BOTH JAK & SLY, I believe that if Insomiacs made an action-adventure game, it would be SUPERIOR TO BOTH UNCHARTED AND INFAMOUS. Or I'm almost positive that it would be as good as Uncharted/inFamous. Of course, I'm basing this off the opinion that Ratchet was MUCH better than Jak & Sly.

2.The FPS genre is over-saturated. I'm pretty sure this doesn't need much explaining. PS3 owners have more than enough FPS to choose from. From Call of Duty to Killzone to Battlefield to MAG etc. The List goes on and on. Resistance, sadly, isn't one of the top shooters on the PS3 IMO.

I feel that Insomniac could have added much more value to the PS3 by making a non-FPS, preferaby an action-adventure (one that would be superior to Uncharted I believe). Heck they could have made a TPS. That would have been a smooth transition from Ratchet & Clank. Or maybe a TPS/Action-Adventure hybird similar to Uncharted.

If insomniac made an action-adventure game, that game would stand with the juggernauts Uncharted, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, inFamous, and the Soon-To-Be The Last Guardian.

Of course, THIS IS ALL MY OPINION, what is yours? Some people feel that Insomniac made the right decision with Resistance. I'm cool with that.

...And no, I'm not a shooter hater. Killzone and Gears of War are some of my favorite games to play.

Around the Network

Well, it would have been interesting, since so far I don't really seem to like this company at all, namely when you do compare them to such greats as ND and SP. 

Insomniac has always been in the shadow of ND..maybe they wanted to pave there own route for once instead of trailing ND

my opinion is that Resistance 2 beats both InFamous and Uncharted 2

Acevil said:

Well, it would have been interesting, since so far I don't really seem to like this company at all, namely when you do compare them to such greats as ND and SP. 

You never liked them?

I think most would agree that back in the PS2 era, they were superior to ND & SP. This gen, I don't know what happened.

Around the Network
Xxain said:

Insomniac has always been in the shadow of ND..maybe they wanted to pave there own route for once instead of trailing ND

PS1 era: I agree.  Crash > Spyro

PS2 era: I disagree.  Ratchet > Jak

PS3 era: I agree.  Uncharted > Resistance

Well I thought Resistance 2 was horrible.  I mean a really awful game, just personally.

That being said Resistance 3 looks VERY good.  Not to mention they have that new multiplat IP probably being revealed at E3 so maybe that will be more to your tastes?

Jay520 said:
Acevil said:

You never liked them?

I think most would agree that back in the PS2 era, they were superior to ND & SP. This gen, I don't know what happened.

I don't know why, maybe I just found ND and SP better from the start. However can't remember what they did for PS1. 

Well, I thought Resistance 1 and 2 were a poor games. So I agree

I'm one of the few who liked ratchet and clank better than uncharted

But, I do not think Insomniac would have done a more polished game than uncharted. Really I don't think anyones done as polished of a game as uncharted imo

Jay520 said:
Xxain said:

PS1 era: I agree.  Crash > Spyro

PS2 era: I disagree.  Ratchet > Jak

PS3 era: I agree.  Uncharted > Resistance

not talkij bout quality

they just always follow what ND does every gen

ND a platformer they made a platformer

ND canned there 1st platformer and started anew..so did insomniac

ND did a more realistic game ... so did insomniac

sucker punch and insomniac always follow ND