I agree, FPS are oversaturated 20 25.97%

I agree, for other reasons 6 7.79%

I disagree, IG is best with the FPS genre 5 6.49%

I disagree, FPS are always welcomed 9 11.69%

I disagree, for other reasons 16 20.78%

Total:77
Solid-Stark said:

I disagree.

1. I would pick Resistance over Killzone anyday and over any multiplat. See what i did there?  Correct me if im wrong, but they are the only dev to release 5 exclusive installments in 4 straight years on ps3.Cannot deny their hardwork and dedication to keep their very own fans happy. I don't see how they downgraded or got weaker.

2. I love infamouts but i dont see how you can come to such conclusion that after inF2, the inF franchise will have a reception as great as Uncharted.

3. Plus, how many ND fans have been asking for a new Jak installment on PS3?...ND and Uncharted don't look to good now do they..

Im a big Resistance, Uncharted and inF fan but my favorite dev and series on PS3 is Insomniac and Ratchet Future. As you can see i big time disagree :P

1. Just because they released the most games doesn't make the individual games any better.  Yes they do work hard, possibly more than Sucker Punch or Naughty Dog. That doesn't change the opinion that Resistance is a step-down from Ratchet in terms of quality.

2. Just a prediction I made.

3. I'm pretty sure there are more Uncharted fans than there are Jak fans. Look at the sales. Besides. ND had time to make four Jak games. Let's give ND the same amount of time with Uncharted. They are not capable of making multiple games at the same time like Insomniac, but they are capable of making the game they're working on one of the best games of all time.

I do feel like the Ratchet Future games are great, however, I feel like the energy used on making Resistance could have been used for something better.

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:

I do agree in general though that FPS are saturated which is why personally i will only buy exclusive FPS. I only have bought Resistance and Killzone. No matter how good a multiplat is, i refuse to buy it; but i do play them via borrowing them.

You shouldn't just buy games because they aren't aavailable for another system. You're missing out on one of the greatest shooter this generation with Battlefield: Bad Company 2!

Jay520 said:
Solid-Stark said:

I disagree.

1. I would pick Resistance over Killzone anyday and over any multiplat. See what i did there?  Correct me if im wrong, but they are the only dev to release 5 exclusive installments in 4 straight years on ps3.Cannot deny their hardwork and dedication to keep their very own fans happy. I don't see how they downgraded or got weaker.

2. I love infamouts but i dont see how you can come to such conclusion that after inF2, the inF franchise will have a reception as great as Uncharted.

3. Plus, how many ND fans have been asking for a new Jak installment on PS3?...ND and Uncharted don't look to good now do they..

Im a big Resistance, Uncharted and inF fan but my favorite dev and series on PS3 is Insomniac and Ratchet Future. As you can see i big time disagree :P

1. Just because they released the most games doesn't make the individual games any better.  Yes they do work hard, possibly more than Sucker Punch or Naughty Dog. That doesn't change the opinion that Resistance is a step-down from Ratchet in terms of quality.

2. Just a prediction I made.

3. I'm pretty sure there are more Uncharted fans than there are Jak fans. Look at the sales. Besides. ND had time to make four Jak games. Let's give ND the same amount of time with Uncharted. They are not capable of making multiple games at the same time like Insomniac, but they are capable of making the game they're working on one of the best games of all time.

I do feel like the Ratchet Future games are great, however, I feel like the energy used on making Resistance could have been used for something better.

1. That is subjective. Your opinion affected by preference. Same as my case with Resistance over Killzone. I would prefered if Sony would have scrapped Killzone PS3.

2. Okay.

3. I'm sure there are more Uncharted fans than Jak fans but doesnt change the fact that ND fans are asking for a Jak PS3. I personally prefer Uncharted over Jak ( Not a Jak fan) but I would rid myself of my preference for a sec and would recommend they keep everyone happy.

Also, they signed with EA partners in 09 i think, and have opened a second studio. They have not disapointed with any franchise in there existence since the original Playstation and i'm sure their new multiplat IP won't disapoint. And they have stated they will always continue to work with Sony despite their EA deal.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Jay520 said:
Solid-Stark said:

I do agree in general though that FPS are saturated which is why personally i will only buy exclusive FPS. I only have bought Resistance and Killzone. No matter how good a multiplat is, i refuse to buy it; but i do play them via borrowing them.

You shouldn't just buy games because they aren't aavailable for another system. You're missing out on one of the greatest shooter this generation with Battlefield: Bad Company 2!

Sorry i should have rephrased; I only buy exclusives and i borrow all other multiplats. However, hypocritically, i did purchase BC2 but sold it :P

e=mc^2

I disagree. 

The real issue here was development time. 

They made a launch title, then a new Ratchet, then a sequel to the launch title and then a new ratchet again.

That was four years in a row.  They also put out a downloadable title during the same year as Resistance 2. 

Resistance 1 suffered from usual launch title drawbacks for Playstation systems.

The Ratchets by an large have been inferior to the PS2 ratchets IMO,  storytelling has been their only true improvement.

Resistance 2 suffered from development time.

Each title Insomniac came out with looked to me like they needed to put another year of development into it.  That's all.  Their most complete game was Tools of Destruction, and even then it was a big rehash of the successful formula already long in the tooth soon after Up Your Arsenal's release. 

So, while Resistance  could have been a succsessful franchise in terms of quality, it suffered from a lack of oversight on Insomniac's part. 

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
Jay520 said:

1. That is subjective. Your opinion affected by preference. Same as my case with Resistance over Killzone. I would prefered if Sony would have scrapped Killzone PS3.

2. Okay.

3. I'm sure there are more Uncharted fans than Jak fans but doesnt change the fact that ND fans are asking for a Jak PS3. I personally prefer Uncharted over Jak ( Not a Jak fan) but I would rid myself of my preference for a sec and would recommend they keep everyone happy.

Also, they signed with EA partners in 09 i think, and have opened a second studio. They have not disapointed with any franchise in there existence since the original Playstation and i'm sure their new multiplat IP won't disapoint. And they have stated they will always continue to work with Sony despite their EA deal.

1. I know. Notice I said opinion in my sentence.

2. Cool...

3. All I'm saying is Give Uncharted the same chance that Jak had. Four games. That seems fair to me.

I disagree with the bolded.

I wish them luck with Resistance 3 and R&C: A4O. I'm going to always give try out whatever they create. I am looking foward to R&C: A4O . I don't know how that 4 player co-op will play out. I can see myself having fun with it like I did with the indiano jones games.

Jay520 said:
Solid-Stark said:
Jay520 said:

2. Okay.

1. I know. Notice I said opinion in my sentence.

2. Cool...

3. All I'm saying is Give Uncharted the same chance that Jak had. Four games. That seems fair to me.

I disagree with the bolded.

I wish them luck with Resistance 3 and R&C: A4O. I'm going to always give try out whatever they create. I am looking foward to R&C: A4O . I don't know how that 4 player co-op will play out. I can see myself having fun with it like I did with the indiano jones games.

1.I know which is why i offered mine.

3.Hmm perhaps so after Uncharted, Drake will be nothing but portable spinoffs by other devs? I think it's inevitable.

Exactly my point. Devs have their loyal fans due to their longterm careers, not just one gen. Which is why i have no problem with them keeping Ratchet alive on PS3 and the fact that I ,like others, likeResistance.

e=mc^2

Feniris said:

I disagree. 

The real issue here was development time. 

They made a launch title, then a new Ratchet, then a sequel to the launch title and then a new ratchet again.

That was four years in a row.  They also put out a downloadable title during the same year as Resistance 2. 

Resistance 1 suffered from usual launch title drawbacks for Playstation systems.

The Ratchets by an large have been inferior to the PS2 ratchets IMO,  storytelling has been their only true improvement.

Resistance 2 suffered from development time.

Each title Insomniac came out with looked to me like they needed to put another year of development into it.  That's all.  Their most complete game was Tools of Destruction, and even then it was a big rehash of the successful formula already long in the tooth soon after Up Your Arsenal's release. 

So, while Resistance  could have been a succsessful franchise in terms of quality, it suffered from a lack of oversight on Insomniac's part. 

That's a possible explanation. We'll see later this year.

any one of the ratchet games is better than all uncharted and infamous games as well. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I'm a FPS junkie,but your post is well thought out and it makes sense. I like the resistance series,but I don't love the series,if that makes sense. So,I suprisingly have to agree with the OP on this one.