Insomniac's premier game should NOT have been a FPS

I agree, IG would do bett... 21 27.27%

I agree, FPS are oversaturated 20 25.97%

I agree, for other reasons 6 7.79%

I disagree, IG is best with the FPS genre 5 6.49%

I disagree, FPS are always welcomed 9 11.69%

I disagree, for other reasons 16 20.78%

Total:77

I disagree, reason being is that when Resistance 1 was launched there werent a ton of FPSs on the market as Resistance was a launch title.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Xxain said:

guys im not talking about quality of the games!!!!!!

such one tracked minds!!!

How do you know ND didn't follow IG. Or it could all be a coincidence.

Jay520 said:
Xxain said:

Insomniac has always been in the shadow of ND..maybe they wanted to pave there own route for once instead of trailing ND

PS1 era: I agree.  Crash > Spyro

PS2 era: I disagree.  Ratchet > Jak

PS3 era: I agree.  Uncharted > Resistance

Exactly

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

In a market thats over saturated with shooters, yea i agree ( even though i accidently voted disagree ). An action adventureor platforming game wouldve been good and fun to play, especially from insomniac. I think they couldve made a better game that way, even though resistance is pretty cool ( with resistance fall of man being way better than resistance 2, resistance 2 was cheesy ). With so many shooters on the market nowdays some of them just end up being lost in the crowd. So a different game different genre from insomniac wouldv been pretty cool.

ssj12 said:

I disagree, reason being is that when Resistance 1 was launched there werent a ton of FPSs on the market as Resistance was a launch title.

True, although they are today, therefore I wish IG hadn't made a FPS as their PS3 IP.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
ssj12 said:

True, although they are today, therefore I wish IG hadn't made a FPS as their PS3 IP.

but its not their only IP. They kept Ratchet alive and under their wing instead of selling it off like Spyro.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Jay520 said:
ssj12 said:

but its not their only IP. They kept Ratchet alive and under their wing instead of selling it off like Spyro.

I know that, but I would have rather them had made an entirely new IP for the PS3 that wasn't a FPS.

RolStoppable said:

You are right on all accounts. Admittedly, I have only read the bold parts. But still, good analysis of the situation.

Btw, Sucker Punch made Rocket: Robot on Wheels in the PS1 generation. Was a Nintendo 64 game though.

I never would have thought I'd hear those words from you

I disagree.

I would pick Resistance over Killzone anyday and over any multiplat. See what i did there?  Correct me if im wrong, but they are the only dev to release 5 exclusive installments in 4 straight years on ps3.Cannot deny their hardwork and dedication to keep their very own fans happy. I don't see how they downgraded or got weaker.

I love infamous but i dont see how you can come to such conclusion that after inF2, the inF franchise will have a reception as great as Uncharted.

Plus, how many ND fans have been asking for a new Jak installment on PS3?...ND and Uncharted don't look to good now do they..

Im a big Resistance, Uncharted and inF fan but my favorite dev and series on PS3 is Insomniac and Ratchet Future. As you can see i big time disagree :P

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I do agree in general though that FPS are saturated which is why personally i will only buy exclusive FPS. I only have bought Resistance and Killzone. No matter how good a multiplat is, i refuse to buy it; but i do play them via borrowing them.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)