By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs XBL which is better?

PSN vs XBL which is better?

PSN 187 40.22%

XBL 206 44.30%

SAME 34 7.31%

obama saved or created 465 million jobs 36 7.74%

Total:463

live has better communication features for gaming and thats it nothing else what soever. if there is something better i would like to know?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Xbox Live > PSN

PS3 > Xbox 360 in every other category however :)

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

jhuff394 said:

Xbox Live > PSN

if live is better than psn

then it would have to be a case of what do you get for the money? what features come with live? all i can think of from what i have used is better cmms features for games

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

smroadkill15 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

they all say LIVE is good, but they dont know why!?!?1

it must be hypnotism.

I can think of plenty of reasons why XBL is better. If you want me to list them I can, but please don't make me waste my time trying to prove a point mostly everyone agrees on.   

You already wasted your time.  Hypnotism my friend.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Poll results show how little difference XBL and PSN have XD when looking at: PSN being better / Live being better.

XBL is better but only by approximately 7,25%.

Sounds about right for me to be honest XD. That 7% isn't worth the money in my opinion.

Around the Network

a 7% difference.

Aldo, you have a point and I agree with it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
kowenicki said:
d21lewis said:

Excellent post.

So much in here that is taken for granted that just isnt there on PSN. 

The reason?  LIVE was always an integral part of what the 360 was going to be.  PSN is a hotchpotch of tagged on functionality. I doubt much of what LIVE can do is even possible on PSN, otherwise it would have happened already. The requirement to sync trophies is a bit of a giveaway... it will never be real-time in certain community aspects.

wait werent you the one who said "who cares"

you certainly seem to care judging by this post and the previous. im sensing hypocrosy

lol at the bolded syncing trophys definitly proves how inferior psn is and its limitations.

must be why they cant get thing like steam... oh wait

Xbox Live must be doing something right when there's over 10 million subscribers willing to pay $50 per year for it.

Skeeuk said:
jhuff394 said:

Xbox Live > PSN

if live is better than psn

then it would have to be a case of what do you get for the money? what features come with live? all i can think of from what i have used is better cmms features for games

Value => willingness to buy => Sales

experience could be a major value to some consumers....its not just about features and such.

IMO the market can be segmented; a basic but free service VS a better but paid service. Its just a question of which segment of the market would satisfy your gaming needs.

This list is not nearly as in depth as some others, but there is a whole lot of reasons why xbl is better. I'm comparing Free version of PSN. There are some big things that make XBL better like party chat and faster downloads, but it's the little things that go unnoticed that make a difference

True Skill matchmaking: Matches you with players that are around the same skill level.

Cross game chat: Chat with anyone any time.

Voice messages: Send voice messages.

Party Chat: 8 people in a party playing, watching, or doing whatever you want.

Background downloads: Download items while playing games or doing whatever.

Faster and better connection: Downloads are fast, finding games are faster, faster updates and less lag.

Player profile: player bio, gamerzone, etc. You can see more in depth of what games people are playing  with details like what game type, map, etc.

Playing with friends: You can have more than one person log into XBL on one Xbox, while you can only have one at a time on PSN. 

User friendly:  A lot easier to navigate then PSN especially for casual gamers. The dashboard is a lot better implemented onto XBL to make it fell like it's all one thing.

Demos: A lot more demos. Every Arcade game and Indie game has a demo along with most full retailer games have demos.

Arcade games: More and better arcade games on XBL. Almost or all arcade games have leaderboards to compare against friends. 

DLC: XBL has more DLC support and usually gets DLC first via COD and Fallout.

Re-downloads: You can re-download anything as many times as you want if you delete it. Can’t do the same on PSN.

Apps: Twitter, Last FM, and ESPN.  

Deal of the week: Weekly deals and there are awesome deals during holidays like Christmas or most recently April 1ST

Kinect Video: Live video chat with anyone.

Yearly updates: XBL has had HUGE yearly dashboard updates to improve XBL and make huge drastic changes. PSN does have more frequent updates, but not nearly as big. 

Videos: There is MSNBC, Major Minute, Kinect Show, isentuamessage, talking with tina, IGN strategizer, and other videos you can watch on XBL from the dashboard.

Game with Fame and Developers: You get the chance to play agianst famous folk and you can play with the developers. 

Netflix: I know PSN has Netflix, but it runs better on XBL along with parties you can watch with friends. You can also see what movies your friends are watching.

Game installs: Game installs are optional, but you have the choice to install every single game you own to make them run faster and smoother.

Population: More users on XBL. You have a better chance of playing against different people on XBL. 

XBL rewards: If you join the rewards program you can get free MS points and have chances to win pretty big prizes.