By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs XBL which is better?

PSN vs XBL which is better?

PSN 187 40.22%

XBL 206 44.30%

SAME 34 7.31%

obama saved or created 465 million jobs 36 7.74%

Total:463
smroadkill15 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
Slimebeast said:

Xbox Live must be doing something right when there's over 10 million subscribers willing to pay $50 60 per year for it.

Actually its closer to 20 million I think.

thats including non gold, gold is around ~10 million

It's was 30 millions xbl users and about 15 million active users in January. Link

where did that source say there were 15 million gold, i coudnt find it, i may have just over looked or something

well i didnt see it in your link but here: http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/110/1104399p1.html

it talks about revenue from subs, which if you do the math it would be nearly 12 miilion golds, but since that was july, its safe to assume they now have around 15 million gold accounts

Around the Network

Back in Jan 2009: Aaron Greenberg interview

http://kotaku.com/#!5127839/microsofts-aaron-greenberg-talks-ces-xbox-360-in-09-and-beyond

Q. Microsoft recently claimed 17 million Live users and 28 million Xbox 360s sold...

Greenberg: Active users.

Q. Active. So what's the total of Live members that you've accumulated?

Greenberg: Uh... A significantly larger number than 17 million. To be clear, we are pretty conservative on how we report our members. It is active members — you have to own an Xbox 360 and if you're not active in the last six months, we recycle the gamertag and we remove your account. It is a true number of the people we have on the service.

I think it's important to note, if you compare those to PSN, those numbers you can have just a PSP, you can create an account on the Web. We don't count Web accounts.

You're an active member on PSN until you cancel an account. So, essentially forever. It's definitely apples to oranges when you compare those numbers.

osamanobama said:
smroadkill15 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
Slimebeast said:

Xbox Live must be doing something right when there's over 10 million subscribers willing to pay $50 60 per year for it.

It's was 30 millions xbl users and about 15 million active users in January. Link

where did that source say there were 15 million gold, i coudnt find it, i may have just over looked or something

well i didnt see it in your link but here: http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/110/1104399p1.html

it talks about revenue from subs, which if you do the math it would be nearly 12 miilion golds, but since that was july, its safe to assume they now have around 15 million gold accounts

It didn't say 15 million in that article, but I remember reading somewhere it was 14 or 15 million active users.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as a complete asshole and fanboy.        

smroadkill15 said:
osamanobama said:
smroadkill15 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
Slimebeast said:

It didn't say 15 million in that article, but I remember reading somewhere it was 14 or 15 million active users.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as a complete asshole and fanboy.        

dont worry you didnt at all. but the est. of 15 million seems accurate

doesn't matter because with Ads and subs on LIVE, MS is banking on them. Its not paying our bills, its paying theirs. How else can they fund Kinect ads, and early DLC? They make more than enough with ads on LIVE imo

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

i think everyone is missing the point, what do you actually get for the charge you pay, almost all of them features i can access with silver(free) account.

the question is what do you pay the charge for?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...