By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs XBL which is better?

PSN vs XBL which is better?

PSN 187 40.22%

XBL 206 44.30%

SAME 34 7.31%

obama saved or created 465 million jobs 36 7.74%

Total:463

Xbox LIVE is better than PSN, but its not just because the online features, its because the entire dashboard is superior. PSN has a million mothereffing combinations and makes everything way too complicated (yes i know 20 people are gonna quote me and say the X cross thing is simple, only cause you use it everyday) while Xbox dashboard is simple (Although they are making it MORE confusing).

my two cents.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

they all say LIVE is good, but they dont know why!?!?1

it must be hypnotism.

I can think of plenty of reasons why XBL is better. If you want me to list them I can, but please don't make me waste my time trying to prove a point mostly everyone agrees on.   

zgamer5 said:

i dont know what your rambling on about. 

i never had a problem with accesing a game on psn.

also considering i have 2 kb/s internet its amazes me.

ot: i voted for the obama option :P

but i do agree with many that xbl>psn

only problem i have with xbl is that you have to pay to play online. if the rest of the package was a premium service then i woudnt mind.

you run dial-up ? thats like 33.6kb/s dial-up ... ouch

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

i give PSN and XMB an edge..   Microsoft messed it up with the last price hike for XBL and the last dashboard redesign, those white panels are blinding, make my eyes bleed, Microsoft should've gave us the choice to customize/change color, oh! and back to 2D display ..the dashboard Blades were nice and so were the floating 3d panels from the second version.

XMB has the option to give you animated/dynamic backgrounds, also the XMB is smoother to navigate and the colors are soft and gental to your eyes .

Overall Presentation goes to XMB/PSN .

Performance: PSN/XMB = XBL/dashboard

XBL/dashboard Pros: is a little more straight forward/simpler. 

About the cross chat, when sombody joins my party chat and start talking ramdomly other than the game we're playing it gets annoying and there I tell them to join the game when he's ready to play with us ..

So, I dont think that feature "Cross Chat" is worth to pay for.

It's only matter of time when PSN gets the "Cross Chat" feature and it will be at no cost too. (I could careless about that feature)

I like both (XBL and PSN) but like I said I gave it an edge to PSN/XMB.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

osamanobama said:
selnor said:

--snipped--

wait, you use bing? lol, you might just be the biggest microsoft fan (not boy) ever

I also use bing, and it doesn't make me an MS fan(boy) or anything of the sort.  Want to know why?  It's because by using the bing toolbar MS gives me rewards for my searches.  To date I have earned 1300 MS points, and almost have enough points for an additional 400.  Scoff all you want, but that's over 15$ worth of free stuff for absolutely minimal effort.

@topic:  For me it's all about the quality AND quantity of downloadable games.  XBL has more exclusives, and better games in general.  Even the ones that do eventually release on PSN as well like Braid and Castle Crashers, I had been playing and enjoying for well over a year.  XBL wins handily in my eyes...

Plus my shooter of choice is Halo, so that really seals the deal...

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
zgamer5 said:

i dont know what your rambling on about. 

i never had a problem with accesing a game on psn.

also considering i have 2 kb/s internet its amazes me.

ot: i voted for the obama option :P

but i do agree with many that xbl>psn

only problem i have with xbl is that you have to pay to play online. if the rest of the package was a premium service then i woudnt mind.

you run dial-up ? thats like 33.6kb/s dial-up ... ouch

i live in lebanon.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Ronster316 said:

LIVE currently winning the poll despite PS3 fans heavily outnumbering 360 fans on this site.

The proof is in the pudding folks.

LIVE is just THAT DAMN GOOD...!!!!!!!!

yes because beinga fan of something is going to change your opinion.

zgamer5 said:
Ronster316 said:

LIVE currently winning the poll despite PS3 fans heavily outnumbering 360 fans on this site.

it has in the past. Easily changed polls, but eh that is neither here nor there. 

The 360 community is rather low here, compared to wii or ps3. Most people who would be fans of ps3 would vote for ps3 and vice versa its the neutrals that are interesting, and the neutrals seem to be voting for 360.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

smroadkill15 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

they all say LIVE is good, but they dont know why!?!?1

it must be hypnotism.

I can think of plenty of reasons why XBL is better. If you want me to list them I can, but please don't make me waste my time trying to prove a point mostly everyone agrees on.   

look at the poll dude

AussieGecko said:
zgamer5 said:
Ronster316 said:

it has in the past. Easily changed polls, but eh that is neither here nor there. 

The 360 community is rather low here, compared to wii or ps3. Most people who would be fans of ps3 would vote for ps3 and vice versa its the neutrals that are interesting, and the neutrals seem to be voting for 360.

yes ps3 fans would vote for ps3 but their are many people who are ps3 fans but they also enjoy and play on both systems, so they woudnt be biased.

the results areant that surprising, as any one who says that psn is better then xbl is delusional, that is without taking into account the price.