By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

GODDAMN! PSP is destroying! 136 51.71%

3DS will be on top again soon in Japan! 54 20.53%

Who cares?PSP is dead! 73 27.76%

Total:263
DavidValbu said:

3DS will boost its sales, once Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, New Super Mario Bros are released. 3DS has been aout for a month without new releases, let's wait alittle bit to check what happens.

Pretty much.

When the next Mario Bros. or Mario Kart or Pokemon shows up as a 3DS exclusive, expect to see sales expand appropriately.

Once the big Nintendo franchises gradually transition off the DS line over the next two years (gradually being the key word), DS owners will either transition to the 3DS or miss out on the latest version of their old favorites.

Around the Network
SaviorX said:

PSP is getting more games over there than almost everything combined (an exaggeration but still.......)

Once software support shifts to 3DS and eventually NGP, there will be a huge PSP decline. If the handheld still manages to sell for a bit after that, color me impressed.

True, also I'm pretty sure the PS2 was otselling the 360 for a while after it released?

how the heck did psp jump from 20,000 to 50,000

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

The only thing I can say is WOW! At least I wouldn't have expected that.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Metallicube said:

3DS just needs 2D Mario, then it's all over for both PSP and NGP.

You mean just like when Wii got one and the PS3 hasn't touched it in sales since?

It takes more than 1 game to make a system become something huge and untouchable.

Around the Network

The Nintendo 3DS is expensive (25,000 Yen) and barely has any software out for it. Give it time. It's firmly within the early adopters stage and it's not unusual for early adopter devices to have a big buzz at launch and then quickly die down soon after. The Nintendo 3DS had a huge launch in North America but the numbers will soon die down here as well. $250 is a fucking lot for a dedicated gaming handheld. That's the reality of the situation. The hardest of the hardcore of Nintendo fans went out and pre-ordered it/Day 1'd it. But the less rabid will look at that $250 price tag and think "that's a lot of fucking dough for a gaming handheld" and then look at the game selection and then decide that it's best to wait it out until the game selection improves and the price goes down. It's all about the Nintendo diehards and early tech adopters right now. It'll be a long while before the 3DS reaches mass market. Heck it even took the DS over a year and a half to get into it's groove (DS Lite launch is when the DS really started to hit a stride).

oniyide said:

^^^ or even worst another Saturn, but really this is a Ninty handheld, have they ever been in trouble

no...but only because of lack of competition...i mean Nintendo was alone for nearly 20 years...im also the best fighter/player if i got no opponent ^^

That's easy, it's called FFIV.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

^^^thats not true, their was Game Gear and Lynx, they just couldnt move the units that Game Boy was doing. PSP is the only one to release and not get its ass TOTALLY kicked. most successful non-Ninty portable made

and i almost forgot neogeo pocket, Gamescom