By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

GODDAMN! PSP is destroying! 136 51.71%

3DS will be on top again soon in Japan! 54 20.53%

Who cares?PSP is dead! 73 27.76%

Total:263
oniyide said:

@acevil  you must have read my mind i was thinking the same, im a Sony - Ninty guy, but they have the worst fanbases. For some odd reason the MS fans dont go crazy as much, maybe because i havent been on IGN in some time. 

OT dont go quietly into that good night PSP. but really this is good. We still have to see the release of FF Type-0, who knows what will happen this summer. 

Oh Microsoft fans behave exactly the same but they are suprasingly quiet ever since PS3 slim released.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

The 3DS doesn't even have a RPG yet. I expect no less from Japanese sales. Eveything will be will normal after E3 or TGS.

Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Aiddon said:

uh,  this is for one week. And it didn't outsell the 3DS unless you count the Go. And it was mostly because people bought it for the FFIV Collection that was released. This isn't really a good indication of either the PSP or the 3DS' status.

adding the go is obvious and makes complete sense. It's like adding DS and DS lite etc.
one week is not good enough to judge anything for sure but psp being able to outsell the new console even by a slight margin is impressive no matter how one slice it.

Another point I like to make Mugen, again about the sony fanbase, is that a lot of sony fans use to complain about DSi and DSlite being put together! :P

Remember when I say Sony fan, I actually mean another word! :P

:P well I'm sure some must have, doesn't make it any better. Again, arguing against that is justt being desperate, w/e the console is. and I actually mean desperate. and as you can see now, it comes from Nintendo too :P guess you can use 'that' word that you mean for them as well.

and let me make a point to you as well Acevil, if you remember the 3ds and psp2 DOA threads made by ninty fans starting last E3, you would have seen many posts from them saying how once 3ds is comes psp will be dead too, and how 3ds will be sold out for months etc etc. I can imagine how the crow must taste like right now. and btw I'm not even remotely suggesting the 3ds is doing bad, far from it i think it's doing just fine. But people tend to underestimate the competition (from both sides mind you).

i do agree however screaming doom and gloom (again mind you, even some Ninty fans are doing this now) is silly to say the least. both psp and 3ds will keep selling just fine.

Totally agree, that Ninty fans jump the gun  as well. I'm just saying both are doing exactly what they state about the other!  The exact same thing, back and forth. That is why if you read my other post, this year will be really interesting when sony fans do exactly what they were complaining about in the ps3's first year. 

Hence why I am starting to hate both them equally. I'm a huge fan of both companies handheld (DS more so, due to the massive library), but I am really disliking the fanbase that they are shaped around.

I still think Sony fans are slightly worse, because of how they overhype things to the extreme degree (looking at Killzone 2, Lair, and Resistance).

I personally don't really judge until the first year or second year, but some people truly believe really unrealistic things. 

I disagree, I think when it comes to overhyping things Ninty fans are the worst. And I say this not because they hype things to kingdom come, which is honestly, is fine..people are just excited about things and they use that as an outlet. all fans do that. But my gripe is when riding the high of their good news they make posts/threads about how the competition is DOA out of sheer ignorance and arrogance. I find such acts distasteful to say the least. They seem to have trouble enjoying good news without such acts from what I have seen. I know I have talked with you about the topic a while back on our walls. I feel it's deja vu to a certain degree, they are doing exactly what some sony fans were doing around the ps2-ps3 transition days and yet they complained about that. Hypocracy at it's finest. Mind you this is not all of them, but just some, for whome I will refer the same term as you 'meant' in your comments earlier :P

either way it's just a matter of POV i suppose. But yea bottom line is, 3ds is doing just fine and psp is impressive as well. nothing more nothing less.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

the begining of the end of nintendo.

3ds could end up not doing very well. i suffered the same problems of headaches etc which are being widely reported in the press. its all a bit virtual boy imo.

i think wii2 will suffer a similar fate and by 2020 we could all be playing mario on xbox and pokemon on apple

i dont think the 3ds has differentiated itself enough from the other ds models, it looks a lot alike and the consumer probably knows about 3d being added, they dont know how (better hardware). it'll probably pick up as a wider variety of games get released

Around the Network

@zlejedi  maybe, but that whole Mass Defect thing changed my perspective, i was expecting a meltdown of FF13 proportions. What i got instead was a lot of 360 fans who were actually happy that it was happening, this was on IGN mind you, the 360 haven. Oh there were some who were crying foul, but they were the minority, only MS was doing any real damage control. 

retroking1981 said:

the begining of the end of nintendo.

3ds could end up not doing very well. i suffered the same problems of headaches etc which are being widely reported in the press. its all a bit virtual boy imo.

i think wii2 will suffer a similar fate and by 2020 we could all be playing mario on xbox and pokemon on apple

way to put out the fire retro O-O

honestly everyone is as bad as everyone but its only a small percent of fans

i've seen nintendo rise,fall and rise again nothing changes

the 3ds will be judged against the ds which is tough in anyones book

Above & Beyond

That DS wasn't selling so well until it's 2D Mario Salvation.

or...

we're probably seeing another PS3 here.

^^^ or even worst another Saturn, but really this is a Ninty handheld, have they ever been in trouble

wont last long, the 3ds will over take it very soon and then not look back. the psp is only viable in japan anymore , and that support will dry up at some point this year . and since the ngp isnt releasing till at the earliest this fall in japan, the 3ds will have alot more good to great games and a huge install base lead , so once again the nintendo hold on handheld market will continue as its meant too.  :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1