By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

GODDAMN! PSP is destroying! 136 51.71%

3DS will be on top again soon in Japan! 54 20.53%

Who cares?PSP is dead! 73 27.76%

Total:263
M.U.G.E.N said:
MonstaMack said:

Well did people expect the 3DS to outsell the PSP when It's much cheaper over there and still has lots of support from Japanese companies? The 3DS is still too expensive and doesn't have any must have titles in terms of sales or ratings in Japan except for the new professor layton but I forgot if that was for 3DS or DS.

well it did get Layton, SF and Nintendogs. saying it doesn't have any must have titles is wrong to say the least.

I think by must have he might mean something like NSMB, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, or Dragon quest. 

My personal opinion is that people on both sides are being really silly (I would use a much stronger word, but I like not being banned) today.

On one side sony fans are jumping the gun and some individuals are already giving up on the 3ds, and the other nintendo fans are being silly and trying to combine sales. Both fanbases are becoming my least favorite fanbases ever, and it is funny because I am more Sony-Nintendo guy. Oh well Microsoft fans are still around, and they are generally better. 

Add: Personally I am going to be loving the next couple of months, when Sony fans do exactly what they complained about with the ps3 first year of launch. 

Around the Network

3DS has noe gamez.

But seriously, quite impressive.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

uh,  this is for one week. And it didn't outsell the 3DS unless you count the Go. And it was mostly because people bought it for the FFIV Collection that was released. This isn't really a good indication of either the PSP or the 3DS' status.

Aiddon said:

uh,  this is for one week. And it didn't outsell the 3DS unless you count the Go. And it was mostly because people bought it for the FFIV Collection that was released. This isn't really a good indication of either the PSP or the 3DS' status.

adding the go is obvious and makes complete sense. It's like adding DS and DS lite etc.
one week is not good enough to judge anything for sure but psp being able to outsell the new console even by a slight margin is impressive no matter how one slice it.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Aiddon said:

adding the go is obvious and makes complete sense. It's like adding DS and DS lite etc.
one week is not good enough to judge anything for sure but psp being able to outsell the new console even by a slight margin is impressive no matter how one slice it.

Another point I like to make Mugen, again about the sony fanbase, is that a lot of sony fans use to complain about DSi and DSlite being put together! :P

Remember when I say Sony fan, I actually mean another word! :P

Around the Network

3DS just needs 2D Mario, then it's all over for both PSP and NGP.

Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Aiddon said:

Another point I like to make Mugen, again about the sony fanbase, is that a lot of sony fans use to complain about DSi and DSlite being put together! :P

:P well I'm sure some must have, doesn't make it any better. Again, arguing against that is justt being desperate, w/e the console is. and I actually mean desperate. and as you can see now, it comes from Nintendo too :P guess you can use 'that' word that you mean for them as well.

and let me make a point to you as well Acevil, if you remember the 3ds and psp2 DOA threads made by ninty fans starting last E3, you would have seen many posts from them saying how once 3ds is comes psp will be dead too, and how 3ds will be sold out for months etc etc. I can imagine how the crow must taste like right now. and btw I'm not even remotely suggesting the 3ds is doing bad, far from it i think it's doing just fine. But people tend to underestimate the competition (from both sides mind you).

i do agree however screaming doom and gloom (again mind you, even some Ninty fans are doing this now) is silly to say the least. both psp and 3ds will keep selling just fine.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

@acevil  you must have read my mind i was thinking the same, im a Sony - Ninty guy, but they have the worst fanbases. For some odd reason the MS fans dont go crazy as much, maybe because i havent been on IGN in some time. 

OT dont go quietly into that good night PSP. but really this is good. We still have to see the release of FF Type-0, who knows what will happen this summer. 

the 3ds will be fine 

but if the ngp was outsold by the ds after a month we'd all know about it -_-

Above & Beyond

M.U.G.E.N said:
Acevil said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Aiddon said:

:P well I'm sure some must have, doesn't make it any better. Again, arguing against that is justt being desperate, w/e the console is. and I actually mean desperate. and as you can see now, it comes from Nintendo too :P guess you can use 'that' word that you mean for them as well.

and let me make a point to you as well Acevil, if you remember the 3ds and psp2 DOA threads made by ninty fans starting last E3, you would have seen many posts from them saying how once 3ds is comes psp will be dead too, and how 3ds will be sold out for months etc etc. I can imagine how the crow must taste like right now. and btw I'm not even remotely suggesting the 3ds is doing bad, far from it i think it's doing just fine. But people tend to underestimate the competition (from both sides mind you).

i do agree however screaming doom and gloom (again mind you, even some Ninty fans are doing this now) is silly to say the least. both psp and 3ds will keep selling just fine.

Totally agree, that Ninty fans jump the gun  as well. I'm just saying both are doing exactly what they state about the other!  The exact same thing, back and forth. That is why if you read my other post, this year will be really interesting when sony fans do exactly what they were complaining about in the ps3's first year. 

Hence why I am starting to hate both them equally. I'm a huge fan of both companies handheld (DS more so, due to the massive library), but I am really disliking the fanbase that they are shaped around.

I still think Sony fans are slightly worse, because of how they overhype things to the extreme degree (looking at Killzone 2, Lair, and Resistance).

I personally don't really judge until the first year or second year, but some people truly believe really unrealistic things.