By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

GODDAMN! PSP is destroying! 136 51.71%

3DS will be on top again soon in Japan! 54 20.53%

Who cares?PSP is dead! 73 27.76%

Total:263
radiantshadow92 said:
morenoingrato said:
radiantshadow92 said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Japanese and their RPG's.....

wait until FF/DQ/Tales of/Pokemon/Mario/Animal Crossing/Zelda, come out for 3DS

Old games are old. Why is everyone just saying "nintendo just needs "x" game" and its just the same old games -_-...Jesus enough with the mario =p

Because they still haven't released anything like it on 3DS?

The argument works well with Wii or DS, that are flooded with those games, but with 3DS..... what do you expect, it need Infamous 2?

Atleast infamous is a new ip.......if people keep buying the same shit then we are going to keep seeing the same shit over and over again. Guess what the 3DS is going to get after mario and pokemon? More Mario and pokemon -_-

This  is so ridiculously biased it's a classic example of the type of fanboy bs that's making some people not want to bother with this fine site anymore (and this is coming from someone who is a fan of all 3).

Personally, I'll reserve judgement on Infamous 2 until it hits the shelves. The first was decent, but hardly earth shattering so I don't think I'd rate the iNfamous series as the next great console shifting  killer game franchise just yet. A new ip? Sure, but hardly original. It's quite derivative actually. Besides, this is a discussion about Japan sales and I can't recall InFamous, (orKILLZONE or Heavy Rain) selling well in japan...it's usually the 'same shit' like Monster Hunter and rpg series that boost console sales over there.

The only reason Sony have pushed it's newer ip's so hard this gen is because they've lost their exclusivity with certain BIGGER game franchises such as GTA, Resident Evil, FF etc,which they have previously relied on to help push sales of their consoles and ensure their ww dominance, but aside from a few titles I think any old idiot can see that pretty much the 'same shit' is also released on every sony console so far as well. But obviously some people don't see it that way when they have preference for one company over another.

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
Games4Fun said:
radiantshadow92 said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Old games are old. Why is everyone just saying "nintendo just needs "x" game" and its just the same old games -_-...Jesus enough with the mario =p

Because thats what sells the Nintendo systems.

And thats just sad. i am just saying nintendo should get something new. How long are people going to keep buying these games just based off nostalgia, its just sad.

Its not all about nostaglia. THe new games tend to have new ideas used along with some of the same stuff. If it was simply just nostalgia I would not be able to sit and play a reissue of NES SMB's for over 100 hours, or its newest take. A huge number of people enjoy these games and they enjoy them a lot. Nintendo is far from alone on doing  this they just seem to make it work the best. Not to mention its been over 25years of Mario, thats a load of new kids born during the time since the first SMB. Funny enough those same young people fall in love with the same style of games that I grew up on. This is a game makers dream. To be able to make one of the classics that live on generation after generation and people will pay to play a reissue of a classic, or a new take on it. It works and it works very very well when handled right. Those goes for the game makers and the buyer. When you create a set of games that people will go out in droves to buy a system for over and over you have done something right.

It should also be pointed out yet again they do bring new games to the table too. Why people cant get over its not just the same games I dunno.

I will point out that I am one of those people waiting for some of the games that have been listed as thats when it will really take off. IM 29 been playing games since I can remember and I cant wait to play the next versions in the series. THough mind you I wil lnot be paying $250 for the system in which they will be on. Nor will I purchase them if I have to use the 3Din order to 100% them.

The PSP had a big software release, the 3DS has barely any and is still selling amazingly well.

retroking1981 said:

i think wii2 will suffer a similar fate and by 2020 we could all be playing mario on xbox and pokemon on apple

mushroomboy5 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
morenoingrato said:
radiantshadow92 said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Because they still haven't released anything like it on 3DS?

The argument works well with Wii or DS, that are flooded with those games, but with 3DS..... what do you expect, it need Infamous 2?

Atleast infamous is a new ip.......if people keep buying the same shit then we are going to keep seeing the same shit over and over again. Guess what the 3DS is going to get after mario and pokemon? More Mario and pokemon -_-

This  is so ridiculously biased it's a classic example of the type of fanboy bs that's making some people not want to bother with this fine site anymore (and this is coming from someone who is a fan of all 3).

Personally, I'll reserve judgement on Infamous 2 until it hits the shelves. The first was decent, but hardly earth shattering so I don't think I'd rate the iNfamous series as the next great console shifting  killer game franchise just yet. A new ip? Sure, but hardly original. It's quite derivative actually. Besides, this is a discussion about Japan sales and I can't recall InFamous, (orKILLZONE or Heavy Rain) selling well in japan...it's usually the 'same shit' like Monster Hunter and rpg series that boost console sales over there.

The only reason Sony have pushed it's newer ip's so hard this gen is because they've lost their exclusivity with certain BIGGER game franchises such as GTA, Resident Evil, FF etc,which they have previously relied on to help push sales of their consoles and ensure their ww dominance, but aside from a few titles I think any old idiot can see that pretty much the 'same shit' is also released on every sony console so far as well. But obviously some people don't see it that way when they have preference for one company over another.

RIght to the insulting of saying that what i said is "fanboy bs" huh? In your opinion, infamous was not earth shattering. But it is DEFINATLY original. Sorry, but i haven't seen any super hero third person shooter sandbox games with morality and with comic scense (PLUS infamous 2 is coming out with a MISSION CREATOR). Your right, this is about japan sales, but i wasn't the one that brought infamous up, take that up with rol and morenoingrato. I said in another post that it comes from all sides, and that a new system should not expect to alone sell on a few really old ip. You shouldn't be going around and picking a fight by calling my post "fanboy bs" for no good reason bro. There isn't anything to be arguing about.

Around the Network

@mushroomboy RE and GTA were never Sony exclusives