By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

GODDAMN! PSP is destroying! 136 51.71%

3DS will be on top again soon in Japan! 54 20.53%

Who cares?PSP is dead! 73 27.76%

Total:263
radiantshadow92 said:
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

And thats just sad. i am just saying nintendo should get something new. How long are people going to keep buying these games just based off nostalgia, its just sad.

Sad is trolling the most iconic video game series, because the games you don't like can't find the same level of (continued) success.

How was i trolling again? And i think you mean the games i do like. Either way you are wrong, i love pokemon and a lot of those games mentioned. I was simply stating that its dumb to think that those games should come out and sell new systems over and over again. Just like its dumb to think that every new xbox that comes out should sell more just because another new halo is coming with it. Don't pick a fight when there's nothing to be fighting bro.

Yo homie, I indeed meant the games you do like.

It's wrong to say that it's sad that people buy the games they do like. What else are they supposed to do? Buy the games they do not like? That makes no sense.

Let's assume that one day there is an inFamous 5 on a future PlayStation system. You make a thread about how awesome it's going to be and that it is one of the reasons why you bought or will buy the console it's going to be on. Then I come in and say that you are not only a sad person for thinking like this, but also dumb. What would you answer?

It would be dumb of me to buy a whole system JUST for inFAMOUS 15 (not five because there have been way more pokemon/mario). All i am saying is, that as gamer i should be asking for more. Not just another inFAMOUS, but maybe a new ip. Or maybe a star fox in this case etc....Not just go say ill buy the 3DS when mario comes out for it. Or ill buy the ps5 when inFAMOUS 15 comes out for it.

Then again you can't compare inFamous to Mario or Pokemon. These franchises are system sellers, meaning that people buy a system just so they can play them. You on the otherhand aren't on the same boat, but other people buy a system purely to play Mario or Pokemon. Just like how I bought the Wii for Super Smash Bros Brawl. It also depends on the system itself, but I knew once I purchased the Wii that it wouldn't have the new games and third party support that the HD twins have. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

And thats just sad. i am just saying nintendo should get something new. How long are people going to keep buying these games just based off nostalgia, its just sad.

Sad is trolling the most iconic video game series, because the games you don't like can't find the same level of (continued) success.

How was i trolling again? And i think you mean the games i do like. Either way you are wrong, i love pokemon and a lot of those games mentioned. I was simply stating that its dumb to think that those games should come out and sell new systems over and over again. Just like its dumb to think that every new xbox that comes out should sell more just because another new halo is coming with it. Don't pick a fight when there's nothing to be fighting bro.

It's wrong to say that it's sad that people buy the games they do like. What else are they supposed to do? Buy the games they do not like? That makes no sense.

Let's assume that one day there is an inFamous 5 on a future PlayStation system. You make a thread about how awesome it's going to be and that it is one of the reasons why you bought or will buy the console it's going to be on. Then I come in and say that you are not only a sad person for thinking like this, but also dumb. What would you answer?

There is a difference between Infamous 5 kai Infamous 35. I like the ip, but I don't want to keep playing Infamous games in 15 years from now.

RolStoppable said:
naruball said:
RolStoppable said:

There is a difference between Infamous 5 kai Infamous 35. I like the ip, but I don't want to keep playing Infamous games in 15 years from now.

Go ahead and prove your point. When people say that people buy Nintendo systems for Mario and Pokémon, then they are talking about the mainline games. So make a list of them and see if you can get anywhere close to 35.

Hell mainline 3D mario games just hit 4. With the 5th coming sometime on the 3DS. 

hatmoza said:

3DS has noe gamez.

But seriously, quite impressive.

Your first statement was true, even if you meant it as a joke.

OT: Seriously unexpected, although in hindsight, it makes sense. A seriously cheaper price, ds cannibalizing a minority of its sales, and a weak software launch lineup does not make this all that unbelievable.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

dany612 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

It would be dumb of me to buy a whole system JUST for inFAMOUS 15 (not five because there have been way more pokemon/mario). All i am saying is, that as gamer i should be asking for more. Not just another inFAMOUS, but maybe a new ip. Or maybe a star fox in this case etc....Not just go say ill buy the 3DS when mario comes out for it. Or ill buy the ps5 when inFAMOUS 15 comes out for it.

Then again you can't compare inFamous to Mario or Pokemon. These franchises are system sellers, meaning that people buy a system just so they can play them. You on the otherhand aren't on the same boat, but other people buy a system purely to play Mario or Pokemon. Just like how I bought the Wii for Super Smash Bros Brawl. It also depends on the system itself, but I knew once I purchased the Wii that it wouldn't have the new games and third party support that the HD twins have. 

I did the same thing for the WII, and i regret it. You should too imo, but hey its your moneyz.

Around the Network

Even though im a hardcore 360 supporter i am happy for Sony because psp is awsome

I trust no one, not even myself.

RolStoppable said:

Go ahead and prove your point. When people say that people buy Nintendo systems for Mario and Pokémon, then they are talking about the mainline games. So make a list of them and see if you can get anywhere close to 35.

Why should he only count the mainline games? What if he was talking about Mario in general? You can not ignore tons of games that are clearly "Mario games" as shown by the title and cover. Needless to say though, I agree with you. I will hold Mario in high esteem until his games cease to be fun. I understand his longing for new ips though.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

lol this is still going on?

It's great for psp, it's performing really well

It doesn't mean it's bad for the 3DS, it's doing just fine too

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

retroking1981 said:

the begining of the end of nintendo.

3ds could end up not doing very well. i suffered the same problems of headaches etc which are being widely reported in the press. its all a bit virtual boy imo.

i think wii2 will suffer a similar fate and by 2020 we could all be playing mario on xbox and pokemon on apple

So one week of 65,000 for 3DS and Nintendo is going third party.. Hmm, interesting.

No no, it makes perfect sense to me.

RolStoppable said:
homer said:
RolStoppable said:

Why should he only count the mainline games? What if he was talking about Mario in general? You can not ignore tons of games that are clearly "Mario games" as shown by the title and cover. Needless to say though, I agree with you. I will hold Mario in high esteem until his games cease to be fun. I understand his longing for new ips though.

Because the mainline games were the topic at hand. Or do you think that anyone who said Pokémon will sell 3DSes was refering to the Mystery Dungeon games or another spinoff?

Can you please show me in his original post where he claims he is referring to the main mario series?