By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

Your Thoughts: PSP outselling 3DS in Japan!

GODDAMN! PSP is destroying! 136 51.71%

3DS will be on top again soon in Japan! 54 20.53%

Who cares?PSP is dead! 73 27.76%

Total:263
milkyjoe said:
radiantshadow92 said:
milkyjoe said:

As long as they keep selling I would imagine. Stopping the production of something that sells incredibly well would be incredibly stupid. So no, it's not sad. It's good business sense.

If Sony had a franchise that they could use like that, they would. Don't you kid yourself into thinking otherwise.

Its not sad of nintendo, its sad of their audience.........

You aiming this generalisation at Nintendo fans in a week where PSP fans in Japan have put a remake of Final Fantasy IV top of the software chart is bizarre to say the least.

Its not just nintendo fans, it comes from all sides. The conversation started with the 3DS though because it did not do as well as people would have thought, so they go ahead and say "Just wait till Mario, or pokemon etc..." and i think thats just stupid. 

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
milkyjoe said:
radiantshadow92 said:
milkyjoe said:

As long as they keep selling I would imagine. Stopping the production of something that sells incredibly well would be incredibly stupid. So no, it's not sad. It's good business sense.

If Sony had a franchise that they could use like that, they would. Don't you kid yourself into thinking otherwise.

You aiming this generalisation at Nintendo fans in a week where PSP fans in Japan have put a remake of Final Fantasy IV top of the software chart is bizarre to say the least.

Its not just nintendo fans, it comes from all sides. The conversation started with the 3DS though because it did not do as well as people would have thought, so they go ahead and say "Just wait till Mario, or pokemon etc..." and i think thats just stupid. 

who says its not doing as well as we thought.

i think its doing great.  its a new system, new system have a lack of games in quanity regardless of quality.

nintendo is dealing with other region launches right now so who knows where all shipments are, OH and how about the fact of what japan is going through right now being maybe a factor as well.

you do realize we are smart enough that you just saying '3ds is a faliure' over and over will not make us believe so.

Nintendo can only blame itself.  $ 250 for a 3DS improved the PSP value by comparison.

This is obviously a flamebait thread, I wonder why a moderator hasn't locked this yet.

*NO DANY612 SHUT UP! YOU WERE BANNED LAST TIME FOR QUESTIONING A THREAD!*

I think it's reasonable, the disaster Japan experience weakened the 3DS as it cost way more, few must-have games, and the PSP has tons of new releases. Obviously if this had not happened we would see sales sky rocket.

Also Nintendo's marketing isn't the best. I've seen more iphone commercials here in the U.S than the 3DS, now tell me that is just wrong. 

radiantshadow92 said:
milkyjoe said:

I'm assuming you're saying everyone should be looking forward to new IPs then, which is fair enough.

The trouble with looking forward to new IPs though, is that we don't know what they are until they are announced. So when it comes to a new generation of hardware, it's hard to say what new IPs might have turned up by the time we're five years down the line, when it comes to developers creating things to get the best out of that new hardware.

So nobody can really say, 'I'm buying this new console for this eventual new IP' when it doesn't exist outside of a developers head yet, so everyone comes back to the titles we know will be around for sure. Halo on XBox, Mario on Nintendo, Gran Turismo on Playstation, GTA/RE/FF/MGS/FIFA/Madden/etc on one or more of them, at least with early adopters anyway.

VGChartz

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:
RolStoppable said:
radiantshadow92 said:

And thats just sad. i am just saying nintendo should get something new. How long are people going to keep buying these games just based off nostalgia, its just sad.

Sad is trolling the most iconic video game series, because the games you don't like can't find the same level of (continued) success.

How was i trolling again? And i think you mean the games i do like. Either way you are wrong, i love pokemon and a lot of those games mentioned. I was simply stating that its dumb to think that those games should come out and sell new systems over and over again. Just like its dumb to think that every new xbox that comes out should sell more just because another new halo is coming with it. Don't pick a fight when there's nothing to be fighting bro.

Yo homie, I indeed meant the games you do like.

It's wrong to say that it's sad that people buy the games they do like. What else are they supposed to do? Buy the games they do not like? That makes no sense.

Let's assume that one day there is an inFamous 5 on a future PlayStation system. You make a thread about how awesome it's going to be and that it is one of the reasons why you bought or will buy the console it's going to be on. Then I come in and say that you are not only a sad person for thinking like this, but also dumb. What would you answer?

It would be dumb of me to buy a whole system JUST for inFAMOUS 15 (not five because there have been way more pokemon/mario). All i am saying is, that as gamer i should be asking for more. Not just another inFAMOUS, but maybe a new ip. Or maybe a star fox in this case etc....Not just go say ill buy the 3DS when mario comes out for it. Or ill buy the ps5 when inFAMOUS 15 comes out for it.

milkyjoe said:
radiantshadow92 said:
milkyjoe said:

I'm assuming you're saying everyone should be looking forward to new IPs then, which is fair enough.

The trouble with looking forward to new IPs though, is that we don't know what they are until they are announced. So when it comes to a new generation of hardware, it's hard to say what new IPs might have turned up by the time we're five years down the line, when it comes to developers creating things to get the best out of that new hardware.

So nobody can really say, 'I'm buying this new console for this eventual new IP' when it doesn't exist outside of a developers head yet, so everyone comes back to the titles we know will be around for sure. Halo on XBox, Mario on Nintendo, Gran Turismo on Playstation, GTA/RE/FF/MGS/FIFA/Madden/etc on one or more of them, at least with early adopters anyway.

True that. I just didn't like the statement "it will sell a lot more when mario comes out for it". I would rather hear "it will sell a lot more when better/more games come out for it".

irstupid said:
radiantshadow92 said:
milkyjoe said:
radiantshadow92 said:
milkyjoe said:

who says its not doing as well as we thought.

i think its doing great.  its a new system, new system have a lack of games in quanity regardless of quality.

nintendo is dealing with other region launches right now so who knows where all shipments are, OH and how about the fact of what japan is going through right now being maybe a factor as well.

you do realize we are smart enough that you just saying '3ds is a faliure' over and over will not make us believe so.

umm when did i say the 3DS was a failure again? Someone in this thread said "the 3DS will do a lot better when Mario comes out for it" and i responded to it. Stop putting words in my post bro. I agree, the 3DS is doing fine.

I think 3DS will be back on top soon, but props to the PSP regardless.

Long live gaming handhelds!

@dany612  why would this be a flamebait thread??? the OP just stated a fact going by this site's number, just becaue you dont like the news doesnt mean the thread should be locked, why did you even post then??