By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong country on the Wii?

Take the Banjo games, remove the main characters, replace them with several "variants" of the Kong family, and bang! There you have it, Donkey Kong 64!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

^yes those games were similar with each other

rukusa said:
Gamerace said:
Donkey Kong is one of Nintendos best known brands, almost as well known as Mario. In GC they used it mostly for the Bongos, but now that Bongos are dead (as should have been DK jet race or whatever it's called) they definately should revitalize the DK Country series or do something new with DK.

Oh man, dont remind of those horrid spin-offs.

But like some of you guys mentioned, Retro would definitely be a perfect contender. I would love to see it happen.

Hey to be fair... Mario is a Donkey Kong SPinoff.

I this Nintendo EAD Tokyo who did Jungle Beat and Galaxy to be the best candidate for this position...

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

^yes that would be good if they did it

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Would the baby moneky team up with a fetus?

DKC stoped for 1 after me. I couldn't get into 2... and didn't even try with 3.

Wow, wow, wow... Donkey Kong Country "is" Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3. You can't break them apart like that. No, no, no... They are all "one." They are all "one," like Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, and 3 are "one," Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 are "one," Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3 are "one," and Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 (Japanese Version), and 3 are "one."Donkey Kong County 1, 2, and 3, all kick ass! You can't break the trilogy like that! Can't have 1, without the 1, and 3... Nope... So remember... Donkey Kong Country is "all of them," not just the first. If you haven't played Donkey Kong Country 2, and 3, but have only played the first, than you haven't played Donkey Kong Country. Now go put Donkey Kong Country 2 back in your Super Nintendo, and "let the wild things roar!"

I love collect-em-all games. Eat me.

Anyways. I loved Donkey Kong 64. DK Country was way to fucking hard. And I never even finished DKC 2. I think I played DKC 3 for about 10 minutes on Super NES.

Enough with the bongo crap. None of the bongo games looked fun. They looked completely stupid IMO.

What we need is a 3D Platformer that has nothing to do with those infernal bongo's. It should be something along the lines of Ratchet & Clank or maybe Galaxy.

I don't understand why everyone hates the collecting so much. But that all depends on a number of factors. Age is the primary one.

How old was everyone when Donkey Kong 64 came out?

I was 11 when I first played it. I had a blast though.

And lastly, [LG]Infinite, DKC was a pain in the ass. It came out in 1994 and it used the damn "one hit then you die" method. Unlike the perfectly sublime Super Metroid which had a damn health bar!!!!!

Snesboy

I'm not sure how you can compare DKC and Super Metroid. Their designs are completely different.

One thing that really bothered me about the DKC series was the fact that Donkey Kong wasn't even the main character in most of the games. Seemed like a stupid idea, especially when Kiddy Kong was introduced.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Snesboy said:
I love collect-em-all games. Eat me.

Anyways. I loved Donkey Kong 64. DK Country was way to fucking hard. And I never even finished DKC 2. I think I played DKC 3 for about 10 minutes on Super NES.

Enough with the bongo crap. None of the bongo games looked fun. They looked completely stupid IMO.

What we need is a 3D Platformer that has nothing to do with those infernal bongo's. It should be something along the lines of Ratchet & Clank or maybe Galaxy.

I don't understand why everyone hates the collecting so much. But that all depends on a number of factors. Age is the primary one.

How old was everyone when Donkey Kong 64 came out?

I was 11 when I first played it. I had a blast though.

And lastly, [LG]Infinite, DKC was a pain in the ass. It came out in 1994 and it used the damn "one hit then you die" method. Unlike the perfectly sublime Super Metroid which had a damn health bar!!!!!

Snesboy

lol, I had DK2 and 3 back in the days before I was old enough to get a job, so I played the crap out of my games. I Got Every DK coin in DK2 and 3 and got all of the Krem coins(much harder) unlocked all of the lost world levels man I loved those games... DKC was the best, I just like the level design the best... it was AMAZING for its time, the snow level where the wind picked up and then slowed down....

Snesboy you REALLY need to buy the GBA versions and beat the danf games... the only platformer I would put above those 2 in enjoyment level is Super Mario World.... (referring to 2d of course)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I really liked DK64!!!:( it was loads of fun and i rly had fun all through out the game... was i that young to be blinded by the faults of the game???