By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong country on the Wii?

Donkey Kong has gone down ever since Dk64. I want a 3d platformer -.-

Around the Network
Shissy said:

DK64 wasn't particularly good either ...

I think you could do an interesting Donkey Kong game if you made a hybrid track-platformer (think Crash Bandicoot) and a open world platformer (think Mario 64).

rukusa

your wanted list is so weird.
where are the good wii games.
and half of those ps3 games are nothing.

HappySqurriel said:
Shissy said:

DK64 wasn't particularly good either ...

I think you could do an interesting Donkey Kong game if you made a hybrid track-platformer (think Crash Bandicoot) and a open world platformer (think Mario 64).

Yeah, a track-platformer would definitely suit better to the DK franchise than a pure open world platformer like DK 64 was.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Rachid said:
rukusa

your wanted list is so weird.
where are the good wii games.
and half of those ps3 games are nothing.

What stuff I like is for me to decide. Youre going off-topic, if you find yourself being absolutely needy of saying that then send me a fucking message.

Anyway, I really loved the original games on the SNES. IF there will be a 'Wii' DKC, I hope they make careful consideration about the transfer from 2D to 3D. DKC64, completely turned me off just by the look of it ;/.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

DK64 made me want to throw up. I hated it. Everything that made DKC great withered and died in that game and left me feeling something between hate and rage. Very unimpressed.

On the other hand, we can't expect Retro to do everything. To date they've been tied to any number of franchises, and the last thing we want to do is overwork them.

Donley Kong Country was awsome the best platformer on the Snes by far I would love to see a new one on the Wii or the DS

BTW Is Donkey Kong 64 any good?

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

^DK 64 was very fun but it is the possibly the game they gave 3d platforms the collectathon stigma.... 200 Golden Banana's 100 of this 50 of that... I like it though

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

DKC slaughtered DK64 in every way that mattered. And yes, you're right about the collectathon, tokilamockingbird: that was one of the things that annoyed me the most.

^yeah the prob with DK64 was all the collecting