By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong country on the Wii?

So, I haven't actually hear anything new about the DKC series. Any rumors about a Wii version of Donkey kong country 'Wii' being made?

Yeah, I know Rare used be responsible for the developement, but some one new could be put in charge of it.

So like the title states, is it coming? Is there a possibility?

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

Retro seems like a good fit to do it, and I here that they are working on something besides Metriod right now.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Would the baby moneky team up with a fetus?

DKC stoped for 1 after me. I couldn't get into 2... and didn't even try with 3.

Retro Studios to recreate the whole Donkey Kong franchise? I'll be looking forward to that if it's really going to happen! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Donkey Kong is one of Nintendos best known brands, almost as well known as Mario. In GC they used it mostly for the Bongos, but now that Bongos are dead (as should have been DK jet race or whatever it's called) they definately should revitalize the DK Country series or do something new with DK.

Around the Network

I'm hoping Retro does a DK platformer too. They seem well suited for it, for some reason.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Its possible, something in the taste of DK64, that game was beyond awesome.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I would kill for a new real Donkey Kong platformer actually.

Looking at Nintendo's track record with their franchises, it is more than likely that they will release one on the Wii, but the situation with DK seems a bit special because the brand name has been used for a lot of second-tier stuff lately, unlike other revitalised franchises.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Gamerace said:
Donkey Kong is one of Nintendos best known brands, almost as well known as Mario. In GC they used it mostly for the Bongos, but now that Bongos are dead (as should have been DK jet race or whatever it's called) they definately should revitalize the DK Country series or do something new with DK.

Oh man, dont remind of those horrid spin-offs.

But like some of you guys mentioned, Retro would definitely be a perfect contender. I would love to see it happen.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

i havent heard anything about it but i hope they make it(and retro studios being the developer)