By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong country on the Wii?

No, I'd say it was a good game, and it also got great scores. There were just some flaws with it that may make it look worse than it is.

One problem is that Rare tried to copy SM64 with Banjo-Kazooie, and they kinda made Banjo-Kazooie 2 with DK64 instead of focusing on the things that made the DKC series so great.

The second thing was that, because they copied SM64 and tried to be better, they made everything bigger and therefore more complicated, which is a bad thing when it comes to platformers because complexity means they aren't platformers anymore but adventures. Also, the game became so huge and there was so much to do that a lot of people were turned of by that. I mean, there were 250 bananas!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

I played 2. I think I even beat it, but i didn't really like it. So I didn't bother with 3.

hmm explains why i liked the game, played it be4 SM64 and banjo kazooie

DKC3 is on the VC today (N.A.) if that helps anyone out ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Rare said they'd be willing to make it for the Wii, but I think Nintendo is wise enough to see that the game needs a developer who hasn't gone to pieces to save the DK series.