By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The fate of the PSP

well i don't know if the PSP is more nextgen than the NDS, if you mean the NDS when you say ''the nextgen Nintendo handheld''

cause of course the PSP can do more multi media stuff than the NDS
but game-wise, the NDS is certainly more nextgen than the PSP
games like sight training and brain training and cooking on your handheld and the double screens and touch funtion, that's quite nextgen
while game-wise the PSP doesn't have anything you haven't seen years ago.. (if I'm not mistaking though)
look at me, right now I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics and Breath of Fire III on my PSP, games that I've played 8 years ago on my PSX.. lol..

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

since when do graphics matter on handhelds...

GB v. GameGear
GB v WonderSwan(and Color)
DS v. PSP

Pretty sure the better graphics have... never won... what matters is accessability.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

leo-j said:
@Ajax

Ever thought that ds owners will move up to psp? Since the psp is more nexgen than the nexgen nintendo handheld?

No, because the DS' lead is growing and growing. Worldwide. If people were going to "move up" to a PSP, they would have started doing it already.

I would just like to use this space to say that while it doesn't have the functionality right out of the box, the PSP makes for a superb PDF reader.

tokilamockingbrd said:
since when do graphics matter on handhelds...

GB v. GameGear
GB v WonderSwan(and Color)
DS v. PSP

Pretty sure the better graphics have... never won... what matters is accessability.

So you even know what a psp is?

mM
Around the Network

The PSP is a very powerful system, but it all shows up in being a handheld console and not a PORTABLE console.

I'd love to see it incorporate a clamshell design, 2nd nub, and support for cartridge based games rather than UMD.
I know the cartridges don't stand a chance, but if they could somehow pull back the power draw and get the load times improved, that'd vastly improve it's appeal. The 2nd nub would increase what games could be played on it.

I don't see this as a failure. It would be stupid to think that Sony should just give up on this field entirely, but they shouldn't expect to dominate against Nintendo, they should look to be profitable and become recognized for what they do bring to the table.

I'm not completely satisfied with the PSP as it stands, but I look forward to what this sets up for what may possibly come in the future

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

@Grey

Cartriges?

Dude the UMD holds 1.8gigs of data, sony jsut needs a battery that holds more juice and atleast 64mb of ram.

mM

PSP has succeeded easily in terms of hardware - as a portable video player (disc or stick), music player, remote PS3 player, etc.

But if measured in terms of software performance - its a complete failure.

Sony should work on getting a PS2 into a handheld - if the PSP II can play PS2 games (either by disc, or by publishers re-releasing them via UMD or even digitally) - it will be a smash hit.

I'd love to have a "true" portable PS2.

2008 will be more of 2007. Solid hardware sales (will drop considerably post-Xmas, but Sony should drop prices again for Xmas '08), but software titles will rarely be seen in the charts.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@shams

...have you been living under a rock.

mM

UMD sucks ass. Long load times FTL!

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"