Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 399 69.51%

Gears of War 3 172 29.97%

Total:571
kitler53 said:
kowenicki said:
bubblegamer said:

Maybe because BenV is wrong once in a blue moon and you have a knack for it? Why does it matter so much? You could just admit you were wrong, you won't be lesser for it. Happens to the best of us.

I do?  I have two of the best prediction threads ever.

But you go ahead and believe what you will.  I was wrong on this occassion, not massively, but yes.  so?

Now if I could be arsed im sure I could find examples of every person here making incorrect predictions, you, the OP, everyone.  But thats what predictions are for.   Some are spectacularly good at bad predictions... but hes left now so that fun has left the sight.

Hindsight is an exact science that the weak love to major in.

if you really wonder why people picked on yours here is your answer.  you could have just had a laugh about it and shrugged it off but instead you have to make a rude comments to belittle everyone.  it makes it real easy to hate you and your alway condensending attitude to our community.  ..and it makes it real fun to throw your mistakes back in your face.

Hate? Damn some of you are to fucking serious. Hilarious

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Chris Hu said:
BraLoD said:
Quite a fight, the numbers are very close.
GoWar 3 sold a lot fast than died rapidly, UC 3 sold not so fast and died slowly, consistence won over hype.

Still glad that Uncharted 2 is the best selling game in the franchise its still my favorite game out of the three.  Not sure about any of the Gears games only played part of the single player campaign of the first one and thought it was kinda meh.  Have access to all the games in the Gears franchise but I rather work on other games in my backlog might get to the other ones eventually. 

UC 2 sales are indeed great, but UC 3 is bound to surpass it.

Yes eventually but not anytime soon.

Surprising that none of Sonys exclusives sell that well. 4-6 million. Even TLOU with its 200+ game of the year awards couldn't do any better. Why is that? Seriously, why?

kitler53 said:
kowenicki said:
bubblegamer said:

Maybe because BenV is wrong once in a blue moon and you have a knack for it? Why does it matter so much? You could just admit you were wrong, you won't be lesser for it. Happens to the best of us.

I do?  I have two of the best prediction threads ever.

But you go ahead and believe what you will.  I was wrong on this occassion, not massively, but yes.  so?

Now if I could be arsed im sure I could find examples of every person here making incorrect predictions, you, the OP, everyone.  But thats what predictions are for.   Some are spectacularly good at bad predictions... but hes left now so that fun has left the sight.

Hindsight is an exact science that the weak love to major in.

if you really wonder why people picked on yours here is your answer.  you could have just had a laugh about it and shrugged it off but instead you have to make a rude comments to belittle everyone.  it makes it real easy to hate you and your alway condensending attitude to our community.  ..and it makes it real fun to throw your mistakes back in your face.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Justagamer said:
Surprising that none of Sonys exclusives sell that well. 4-6 million. Even TLOU with its 200+ game of the year awards couldn't do any better. Why is that? Seriously, why?

i think your forgetting about Gran Turismo.  Although 6 isn't doing so hot 5 sold over 10 million copies.

Around the Network
Justagamer said:

6m isn't selling that well? That's a pretty damn good number for a new IP. It's not exactly easy for a game to sell 7m+ on a single platform. How many MS exclusives accomplish that aside from Halo and Kinect Adventures?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Gears 3. though i like uncharted as well

Chris Hu said:
BraLoD said:
Chris Hu said:
BraLoD said:
Quite a fight, the numbers are very close.
GoWar 3 sold a lot fast than died rapidly, UC 3 sold not so fast and died slowly, consistence won over hype.

Still glad that Uncharted 2 is the best selling game in the franchise its still my favorite game out of the three.  Not sure about any of the Gears games only played part of the single player campaign of the first one and thought it was kinda meh.  Have access to all the games in the Gears franchise but I rather work on other games in my backlog might get to the other ones eventually. 

UC 2 sales are indeed great, but UC 3 is bound to surpass it.

Yes eventually but not anytime soon.

Uhm, It's 40k behind, and has sold 110k this year (UC2 sold 54k), It'll pass it pretty soon.

Justagamer said:

It'll probably do more than 7 million including the PS4 version.

Too me pretty soon means in couple of weeks not a couple of month.