By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 399 69.51%

Gears of War 3 172 29.97%

Total:571
bubblegamer said:
The usual suspects downplaying Uncharted. Good prediction OP ;)

yeah this kind of fossil threads are good to see who are the biased ones.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
small44 said:
I think Uncharted 4 will destroy Uncharted 3 and gear of war 3 sale

It wouldn't be hugely surprising. When you align their sales Uncharted has seen some pretty big growth with each release.

The lines behavior are pretty similar.It's possible to Uncharted 3 reach ~8 million LT!

OttoniBastos said:
Zekkyou said:

It wouldn't be hugely surprising. When you align their sales Uncharted has seen some pretty big growth with each release.

The lines behavior are pretty similar.It's possible to Uncharted 3 reach ~8 million LT!

I think it will probably peak off at around 7 million. With the arrival of the next gen it's going to have its legs cut off :P

Still pretty damn impressive ^^

kowenicki said:
adriane23 said:
kowenicki said:

Perfect example of a VGC Poll.

Uncharted winning... and yet not one of those PS3 fans that voted for it have posted... why?  

OT

Gears 3 will outsell U3 by at least one million lifetime, possibly even more.

wonder why you picked mine.

considerting someone else said 2m more.

awww, shucks.  Im flattered. 

Now where are all those old threads saying 360 would sell 20 to 40m and playstation3 would obliterate it...

Maybe because BenV is wrong once in a blue moon and you have a knack for it? Why does it matter so much? You could just admit you were wrong, you won't be lesser for it. Happens to the best of us.

These comparisons are always off right when bundling comes in play. Nobody knows how long bundles are available, where they are available and in which amount MS or Sony want to give them away.
But now after almost 3 and a half years both games achieved a lot of sales and are big and important IPs for both to own.

Around the Network

Good thread. Teaches us not to question, bevochan.

JustThatGamer said:
Congratulations on the mass bundling Uncharted!

... Gears of War is still a significantly bigger franchise and it wouldn't surprise me if it was hugely undertracked and sold enough digitally to still be a good deal ahead of UC.

Bigger than uncharted? Gears of war judgment sold pretty poorly last year(in comparison with the trilogy)

I would say gears and uncharted are more or less equals. They are separated by less than two million in total sales for their respective series (including uncharted on vita and the gears spinoff), with gears holding the edge. The gap is represented almost entirely by the difference between the first two installments, of note because the original uncharted did not have multiplayer.

Uncharted 3 stayed ahead on weekly bases ever since it launched. It is easy to notice the significant increase in Uncharted numbers late 2012, that was the only time when it was " mass bundeled "  and it was only in the U.S I believe.

They are head to head I'd say.

JustThatGamer said:
Congratulations on the mass bundling Uncharted!

... Gears of War is still a significantly bigger franchise and it wouldn't surprise me if it was hugely undertracked and sold enough digitally to still be a good deal ahead of UC.

It's funny how upset Uncharted's success makes you.