Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 399 69.51%

Gears of War 3 172 29.97%

Total:571
Kyuu said:
adriane23 said:
kowenicki said:

Perfect example of a VGC Poll.

Uncharted winning... and yet not one of those PS3 fans that voted for it have posted... why?  

OT

Gears 3 will outsell U3 by at least one million lifetime, possibly even more.

His prediction wasn't unreasonable but the irony here is just... ouch.. so perfect! xD

I know, I even thought Gears of War 3 would outsell Uncharted 3.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
bubblegamer said:

Maybe because BenV is wrong once in a blue moon and you have a knack for it? Why does it matter so much? You could just admit you were wrong, you won't be lesser for it. Happens to the best of us.

I do?  I have two of the best prediction threads ever.

But you go ahead and believe what you will.  I was wrong on this occassion, not massively, but yes.  so?

Now if I could be arsed im sure I could find examples of every person here making incorrect predictions, you, the OP, everyone.  But thats what predictions are for.   Some are spectacularly good at bad predictions... but hes left now so that fun has left the sight.

Hindsight is an exact science that the weak love to major in.

Like...seriously,dude. So what, you made a wrong prediction, and a sarcastic reply was made to it. Calm down. It happens all the time when threads are necro'd, but it seems like you're taking it way too personally. Like Bubble said, you're not lesser for it and it happens, even to the best

kowenicki said:
adriane23 said:
kowenicki said:

Perfect example of a VGC Poll.

Uncharted winning... and yet not one of those PS3 fans that voted for it have posted... why?  

OT

Gears 3 will outsell U3 by at least one million lifetime, possibly even more.

wonder why you picked mine.

considerting someone else said 2m more.

awww, shucks.  Im flattered. 

Now where are all those old threads saying 360 would sell 20 to 40m and playstation3 would obliterate it...

I was going to quote Michael-5 because he put the most effort into his post, but Bevochan already did it. You were just the next person down the line worth quoting. So, if that flatters you.....um.....cool.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

At the time, part of me felt that it was because Uncharted 3 was overly bundled. Even though U2 was an all out amazing title, the Uncharted series just never felt that big. I don't know if I've ever heard anyone outside of the gaming elite even mention it (though I admit that the internet gaming community is HUGE.). Gears just felt poised to be the bigger title. It's one of "The big ones".

But now my opinion of bundles has changed. I was one of those guys that bought a Wii and couldn't give a fuck about the free copy of Wii Sports packed in the box. I wouldn't have purchased that game if it weren't a pack in but I guess a lot of other people would. At the same time, I recently purchased the Titanfall Xbox One and I know I would have purchased Titanfall whether it was bundled or not. So, in the end, it's just impossible to tell who really bought a PS3 for Uncharted 3 and who really wanted a PS3 and saw the free copy of Uncharted 3 as a nice little bonus.

At this point, all I can say is congrats to a great game for getting into the hands of a lot of gamers!!

kowenicki said:
OttoniBastos said:
JustThatGamer said:
Congratulations on the mass bundling Uncharted!

... Gears of War is still a significantly bigger franchise and it wouldn't surprise me if it was hugely undertracked and sold enough digitally to still be a good deal ahead of UC.

Bigger than uncharted? Gears of war judgment sold pretty poorly last year(in comparison with the trilogy)

Irrelevant and you know it

The same was said after Halo ODST.

Bundling a game isn't an excuse. You still have to want the game to buy that bundle. It's not like Wii sports that was given free with every console. Also you can buy Uncharted digitally so that makes your other point invalid.

@Kowenicki. About you original prediction. I'm a huge Uncharted fan but if I made a prediction I would of said something similar to you. You were worng in your prediction but you made an educated guess that went along with th trends.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
bubblegamer said:

Maybe because BenV is wrong once in a blue moon and you have a knack for it? Why does it matter so much? You could just admit you were wrong, you won't be lesser for it. Happens to the best of us.

But you go ahead and believe what you will.  I was wrong on this occassion, not massively, but yes.  so?

Now if I could be arsed im sure I could find examples of every person here making incorrect predictions, you, the OP, everyone.  But thats what predictions are for.   Some are spectacularly good at bad predictions... but hes left now so that fun has left the sight.

Don't care if you're arsed or no. This is not exactly hindsight as the guy called it years ago. Maybe you missed that?

kowenicki said:
bubblegamer said:

if you really wonder why people picked on yours here is your answer.  you could have just had a laugh about it and shrugged it off but instead you have to make a rude comments to belittle everyone.  it makes it real easy to hate you and your alway condensending attitude to our community.  ..and it makes it real fun to throw your mistakes back in your face.

some still don't know the meaning of significantly... how is gears significantly bigger than uncharted. Damn lolzz

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Meh, same thing with God of War Ascension and Gears of War Judgement.

BraLoD said:
Quite a fight, the numbers are very close.
GoWar 3 sold a lot fast than died rapidly, UC 3 sold not so fast and died slowly, consistence won over hype.

Still glad that Uncharted 2 is the best selling game in the franchise its still my favorite game out of the three.  Not sure about any of the Gears games only played part of the single player campaign of the first one and thought it was kinda meh.  Have access to all the games in the Gears franchise but I rather work on other games in my backlog might get to the other ones eventually.