Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 399 69.51%

Gears of War 3 172 29.97%

Total:571
Conegamer said:
Farsala said:
Conegamer said:
You've gotta stop bumping these old threads you know, regardless if you think it's "good" or "bad"...

I'll leave this one open. But any future threads which are needlessly brought up won't be so lucky.

You know, I thought necroing was still allowed?? Seems other mods thought so in the other threads.

It is so long as there's a purpose to it. Just bumping a thread for no reason won't get you very far and will likely result in moderation for you and the thread being locked. 

Isn't this just a conclusion to his prediction?

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
Surprising that none of Sonys exclusives sell that well. 4-6 million. Even TLOU with its 200+ game of the year awards couldn't do any better. Why is that? Seriously, why?

TLOU had sold (including digital) 6 million copies as of 3 months ago :P It was also the fastest selling new IP in the PS3's history i believe.

Anyway, 4 - 6 million is in general an awful lot for a 1st party title on home consoles. Excluding the Wii (since that was somewhat of an anomaly), 4 - 6 million is the general upper region for Nintendo, Sony and MS. Take out Halo/GT and Sony very rarely get past 6 million, with MS never doing so (unless you count the free bundled Kinect game ). Even Nintendo, who normally sell their consoles on the merits of their own exclusives, only tend to selling a few.

Farsala said:
Conegamer said:
Farsala said:
Conegamer said:
You've gotta stop bumping these old threads you know, regardless if you think it's "good" or "bad"...

I'll leave this one open. But any future threads which are needlessly brought up won't be so lucky.

You know, I thought necroing was still allowed?? Seems other mods thought so in the other threads.

It is so long as there's a purpose to it. Just bumping a thread for no reason won't get you very far and will likely result in moderation for you and the thread being locked. 

Isn't this just a conclusion to his prediction?

Far as I know, necro bumps are fine but you're supposed to get mod permission first.

Zekkyou said:
Justagamer said:
Surprising that none of Sonys exclusives sell that well. 4-6 million. Even TLOU with its 200+ game of the year awards couldn't do any better. Why is that? Seriously, why?

TLOU had sold (including digital) 6 million copies as of 3 months ago :P It was also the fastest selling new IP in the PS3's history i believe.

Anyway, 4 - 6 million is in general an awful lot for a 1st party title on home consoles. Excluding the Wii (since that was somewhat of an anomaly), 4 - 6 million is the general upper region for Nintendo, Sony and MS. Take out Halo/GT and Sony very rarely get past 6 million, with MS never doing so (unless you count the free bundled Kinect game ). Even Nintendo, who normally sell their consoles on the merits of their own exclusives, only tend to selling a few.

How do you know digi sales?

I find it funny that more than half of this thread's posts came after the necrobump!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
TheSting said:
Zekkyou said:

ND announced 6 million copies sold back in March: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/the-last-of-us-passes-6-million-sales (in a few days that will have been 3 months ago). Seeing as VGC have it at 4.6m, i assume the other 1.4m are digital.

Edit: That announcement was 3 months ago so the physical/digital sales split will be different. Forgot the 4.6m from VGC is current :p But yeah, whatever the split is, we know that as of 3 months ago it was 6m for digital + physical.

Zekkyou said:
TheSting said:
Zekkyou said:

ND announced 6 million copies sold back in March: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/the-last-of-us-passes-6-million-sales (in a few days that will have been 3 months ago). Seeing as VGC have it at 4.6m, i assume the other 1.4m are digital.

VGChartz doesn't count digital, so the sales are north of 6 million by now.

Justagamer said:

Then even Microsoft it's the same thing

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m