By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 399 69.51%

Gears of War 3 172 29.97%

Total:571
Justagamer said:
Surprising that none of Sonys exclusives sell that well. 4-6 million. Even TLOU with its 200+ game of the year awards couldn't do any better. Why is that? Seriously, why?

Uncharted 2 and 3 sold just as well as Gears of War 2 and 3 so I'm not quite sure what you mean in regard to the context of this thread.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Justagamer said:
Surprising that none of Sonys exclusives sell that well. 4-6 million. Even TLOU with its 200+ game of the year awards couldn't do any better. Why is that? Seriously, why?

6m isn't selling that well? That's a pretty damn good number for a new IP. It's not exactly easy for a game to sell 7m+ on a single platform. How many MS exclusives accomplish that aside from Halo and Kinect Adventures?

6 million really isn't that great, no. It's not that hard to sell more than that on one console, third parties sell more than that on one console, like gta, cod. Nintendo does it all the time. Mario u has sold 4 million on the wiiu, with only 6 million consoles.When there are companies comaining that 5 million isn't enough, games like dead space and the new tomb raider come to mind, 6 million for a game like the last of us really isn't that much. And I'm sure your taking my post the wrong way, but, I'm not trash talking. I think TLOU is an amazing game. I'm seriously wondering why it didn't sell much better. Aside from gran turismo, and certainly not the last one, Sony exclusives don't sell that well. Again, I ask, why?

Panama said:
Justagamer said:

Uncharted 2 and 3 sold just as well as Gears of War 2 and 3 so I'm not quite sure what you mean in regard to the context of this thread.

I mean generally speaking. I hear many, many people saying Sony makes the best games. I'm just wondering why they don't sell like they are the best games.

Justagamer said:
Panama said:
Justagamer said:

I mean generally speaking. I hear many, many people saying Sony makes the best games. I'm just wondering why they don't sell like they are the best games.

Too many games to choose from on the console. Something Nintendo doesn't enjoy.

Justagamer said:
Panama said:
Justagamer said:

I imagine someone could write a rather lengthy piece on why that is the case, aside from the usual marketing remark. But I suppose just looking at some of the more recent examples of say some of the presentation choices in The Order, the perennial delay of The Last Guardian and The Last of Us' gameplay, Sony seem to have no issue with letting their devs just make the games that they want to make. There are of course exceptions, but as a result, these aforementioned examples aren't the sort of titles that could push 10+ million units. 

Also I think it's been established for a while now that quality doesn't always equate to strong sales.

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
Justagamer said:

It'll probably do more than 7 million including the PS4 version.

Yeah you're right about that. I'll be one of those getting it.

bubblegamer said:
Justagamer said:
Panama said:
Justagamer said:

Lol

TheSting said:
bubblegamer said:
Justagamer said:
Panama said:
Justagamer said:

Lol

Nothing intelligent to say? One word replies like this are bannable and i'd be happy to report you if you're here to instigate.

Ah, funny thread looking back on it. Especially with Gears: Judgment being the flop that it is.

Uncharted series trending up and that's only going to continue on PS4. Meanwhile, Gears will probably never reach the heights of the second game ever again.

bubblegamer said:
TheSting said:
bubblegamer said:
Justagamer said:
Panama said:
Justagamer said:

Lol

Nothing intelligent to say? One word replies like this are bannable and i'd be happy to report you if you're here to instigate.

not worth it. debate him, and win