By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

After adjustements PS3 should be on top this week.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

Also, in a polite way, can someone, please explain to me...

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

dunno (the word, not the mod), usually nintendo fans say that, might as well ask them :P

Awesome post MUGEN-San (wanted to call you sama here but we have reserved that for just Kojima rite?)

Anyway no-one in this thread. Last year the people calling Wii doomed were hardly much in numbers and weren't very reliable posters (and okey-dokey was joking when he kept saying "Wii is finished" last year). Oh and I am using the actual definition of doom here as saying Wii has poor sales does not equal doomed, relative to past Wii sales its a opinion that can be argued to carry much weight.

They aren't saying "Wii is d00med" anymore, because you can get banned for it (ask Chibi)

But, there is a lot of things like:

"360-Nice

PS3-Good

Wii-Erm...despreately needs a price-cut IMO"

May not be so prolific in this thread, but in other, similar threads, it's been a very clear pattern...

But how does any of that lead to mean Wii is doomed.

People are only saying that as Wii is down YOY by A LOT, so a price cut should stabilise things.

How doesn't it lead to the fact that Wii is doomed?

If you were to have a flow chart...

• Console sells amazingly well, fastest selling home console of all time. Revolutionses gaming
  • People who dislike the way Nintendo took the Wii from 2007-2009 want to find a way to call it a failure, however, in these years, it is impossible
  • Wii enters its 4th year, lots of "hardcore" SW being shifted, sales drop
  • Said fanboys from step 2 attack this fact and call it "doomed". They now have a reason
  • Moderators catch on, call it "trolling/baiting", ban the word
  • Fanboys are upset, look for a non-troll-ey (?) way of expressing their hatred for Nintendo
  • They say Nintendo "needs a price-cut" or "new SW to ignite sales"
  • Analyst who is upset he was wrong catches on, media listen
  • World is against Nintendo, or so it seems, Nintendo fans join in
  • The Wii is now doomed
That's how I see it anyway
(just to note, I don't mean to annoy or upset anyone, and I shouldn't hear. But that seems to me how this has been working as of late )

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Beuli2 said:
Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

Also, in a polite way, can someone, please explain to me...

WHY IS THE WII DOOMED???

dunno (the word, not the mod), usually nintendo fans say that, might as well ask them :P

Awesome post MUGEN-San (wanted to call you sama here but we have reserved that for just Kojima rite?)

Anyway no-one in this thread. Last year the people calling Wii doomed were hardly much in numbers and weren't very reliable posters (and okey-dokey was joking when he kept saying "Wii is finished" last year). Oh and I am using the actual definition of doom here as saying Wii has poor sales does not equal doomed, relative to past Wii sales its a opinion that can be argued to carry much weight.

They aren't saying "Wii is d00med" anymore, because you can get banned for it (ask Chibi)

But, there is a lot of things like:

"360-Nice

PS3-Good

Wii-Erm...despreately needs a price-cut IMO"

May not be so prolific in this thread, but in other, similar threads, it's been a very clear pattern...

It is getting annoying to read this every 5 posts in every thread I enter.

How do you think we all feel? It's the same issue and the same people saying it every week, along with "statistical tie" from one camp, and "YEAH! Console X wins by 1,000 units! Manufacturers of X rule teh WORLD!"

And then fighting breaks out and lasts for pages and pages and pages and pages etc.

While all of you keep arguing about stupid things, as:

"OMG XBox360 wins by 3000 units"

"Statistical tie!"

"Wait for adjustments"

"Wii is domed"

I'm going to eat some double chocolate cookies I bought at the Morrison Of Gibraltar. It doesn't have anything to do with this thread, as 99% of the garbage posts, but at least those cookies taste really good.

jugon21 said:

This is turning into a meme.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

In past generations has a leading console ever dropped down to 2ed/3rd place levels in terms of sales before?

retroking1981 said:

In past generations has a leading console ever dropped down to 2ed/3rd place levels in terms of sales before?

Please, no. We don't need another one of these stupid retarded posts. Just look in the thread, we have more than enough.

Above: still the best game of the year.

kowenicki said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
kowenicki said:

oh bollocks ... yes.  sorry. fixed.

No need to apologize. Keep up the great work!

Interesting that only the 360 shows YOY growth and that is comes in TWO (yes two) regions....  

Well, what did you expect? With Kinect and the slim it would be weird if it was down or just flat YOY. And the PS3 and the Wii didn't have anything that pushed sales over a longer time (Wii holiday bundles did boost sales really well, and Move and GT5 also did a good job, but that isn't really comparable to Kinect in terms of impact on sales).

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Beuli2 said:
jugon21 said:

This is turning into a meme.

You should make said meme and we'll help it go viral

kowenicki said:

What a terrible thread...  please god one console get a big lead soon, I cant take much more of this.  People are really reaching and assuming all kinds of nonsense to satisfy their agenda.

The truth is there are some major assumptive, wrong call and defensive/offensive posts in here.... much more than usual.... generalisations and mis-information abound.

To clarify here are some numbers....  2010 so far v 2009 at the same point (not just this week, but from 1st of Jan to now)

US

360 UP 26.53%

PS3 DOWN 15.64%

Wii DOWN 33.42%

EMEAA

360 UP 8.60%

PS3 DOWN 7.31%

Wii DOWN 31.37%

Japan

360 DOWN 32%  (7000 consoles down! lol)

PS3 DOWN 13.86%

Wii DOWN 46.81%

Did you mean 2011 vs 2010 mayhap? Edit. Ooops! Sorry, I took too long to post, you already fixed it.  

Anyhow, despite Wii looking in the worst relative situation from last year, I still think that excessive pessimism about it is not justified, if it will follow its usual sales trend, with Autumn and Xmas sales it will reach first place for WW yearly sales, although by a smaller lead margin and by a minimal, if any, one in USA. Nothing to worry too much about, also considering that Ninty still has some moves available to give Wii a second, smaller peak that would delay the real beginning of its decline. The minimum goal Ninty needs to achieve is not being forced to launch Wii2 this year, too close to 3DS, but even with the current sales and a Xmas boost proportional to them this goal is already granted.

And finally, I love statistical ties, they make haters eat more crow than usual, don't mind them and just enjoy the show!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!