By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Go Big at GDC , Week Before Xbox Event.

Honestly all I want to hear about is a new Banjo or Conker. I am most excited for the possibility of a Rare game based on one of Rare's existing IP's. A new platformer would be sort of cool too however. But Kinect I'm not buying one so all these games being shown off for the device don't interest me at all. I look forward to seeing more Gears3 and the Halo remake which will probably be present. But all in all if Rare doesn't have something good to show off I will be dissapointed.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
twesterm said:

Right, but you're saying something is only new if it has Kinect AND can still be played with a controller.  That implies that you or something would like to play whatever it is with traditional controls which implies that traditionally controleld games can still be new...so your statement doesn't make sense.

• Most of us are looking for something new
  • Kinect does not count as new unless it has both control sets
  • Therefore, a game with Kinect controls can be new
  • Therefore, a game without Kinect controls can be new
  • Therefore, any game cannot be new regardless of Kinect controls.

There is fault in my arguement if your looking at from the perspective of a person who actually wants to play kinect. I'm writing from a bias of someone who will not buy anything that works with kinect alone. I report my own biases and cannot predict what others will enjoy or appreciate. So with or without kinect it is new, some will be happy because it is new because they like or want kinect. The other group will look at it as Microsoft giving them nothing because they have no interest in kinect.

So if something works only with kinect it must interest me alone to make it worthwhile in my eyes. I am just hoping microsoft is able to please everyone by making kinect games that also function with the traditional 360 control system.

No you seem to be of the point of view that for example a square is a circle if all parameters are set that way.

You want your logic to work... the issue is that it doesnt matter if you dont want it 8million and growing have kinect and that is from a very short time, it will grow.

You are not letting Gears count for some reason. You are saying from the start... errr wouldnt all "timed" or "full" exclusives start with the 360. You are simply discounting games that don't work for your point.

You want to please everyone but the issue with your argument is that a lot of people are buying 360 purely for Kinect and for that basis they would have to count in this situation.

And you are saying MS published. A Ms published game went multiplat simply by changing the name of Ninja Gaiden and then adding Sigma.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
chocoloco said:
twesterm said:

Right, but you're saying something is only new if it has Kinect AND can still be played with a controller.  That implies that you or something would like to play whatever it is with traditional controls which implies that traditionally controleld games can still be new...so your statement doesn't make sense.

• Most of us are looking for something new
  • Kinect does not count as new unless it has both control sets
  • Therefore, a game with Kinect controls can be new
  • Therefore, a game without Kinect controls can be new
  • Therefore, any game cannot be new regardless of Kinect controls.

There is fault in my arguement if your looking at from the perspective of a person who actually wants to play kinect. I'm writing from a bias of someone who will not buy anything that works with kinect alone. I report my own biases and cannot predict what others will enjoy or appreciate. So with or without kinect it is new, some will be happy because it is new because they like or want kinect. The other group will look at it as Microsoft giving them nothing because they have no interest in kinect.

So if something works only with kinect it must interest me alone to make it worthwhile in my eyes. I am just hoping microsoft is able to please everyone by making kinect games that also function with the traditional 360 control system.

No you seem to be of the point of view that for example a square is a circle if all parameters are set that way.

You want your logic to work... the issue is that it doesnt matter if you dont want it 8million and growing have kinect and that is from a very short time, it will grow.

You are not letting Gears count for some reason. You are saying from the start... errr wouldnt all "timed" or "full" exclusives start with the 360. You are simply discounting games that don't work for your point.

You want to please everyone but the issue with your argument is that a lot of people are buying 360 purely for Kinect and for that basis they would have to count in this situation.

And you are saying MS published. A Ms published game went multiplat simply by changing the name of Ninja Gaiden and then adding Sigma.

Unless you own both systems you have nothing to add. I know Twesterm has both and more. This is because people who buy multiple systems probably buy the other systems because they want exclusive games not games they can already buy. I bought a PS3 first and a 360 2nd because it had a lot of games that were supposed exclusives that were really timed exclusives from the begining. It also has some exclusive I enjoy, but I don't want timed exclusives I want real exclusives and unless you prefer to support Microsoft (which is perfectly fine) than they are giving the multisystem owner nothing.

For one, the kinect userbase is currently in the minority for system owners, but  Microsoft has to put resources into making games for that crowd if they want to continue to satisfy and that crowd and I'm sure they will. You can't expect everybody to jump aboard the kinect gaming when they already payed money for a system they wanted with the control style they wanted.

I never forgot about gears, but unless you own both a PS3 and a 360 I dont need you to tell me I am wrong to choose to play my PS3 for most games and my 360 slightly secondary and mostly for exclusives. I have not bought move, but at least Sony's new add on is incorporated in the types of games they have been making since the beggining.

I am no 360 hater in factI have been playing my 360 more for at least 5 months for various reasons, but in 2011 Microsoft has shifted its focus in a direction and many other multi system owners don not like.

End rant before it becomes an essay.

bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
chocoloco said:

Any new game not published by Microsoft Studios will just be a time exclusive in my MInd. Microsoft prove me wrong.

ah come on, there are hundreds of exclusive games on the xbox... they just aren't any good ;)

HAHAHAHAHAH. I would say the same but gears and halo rape any other game so I can't.

lol, not saying there aren't amazing games as well, but those are done by microsoft.  Its the cheap budget titles that xbox seems to get and ps3 doesn't that I'm talking about.

Really you consider those games cheap. I would highly  doubt left 4 dead is cheap or Alan Wake. I also think Too human was under rated.

are you even reading what I'm saying?  Alan Wake and Too Human are from microsoft, but I'm not even talking about high quality exclusives.  I'm talking about games like operation darkness, infinite undiscovery, amped 3, america's army: true soldier, etc.  

There are hundreds of exclusive games on the xbox that nobody ever talks about because they are crap.  That is the only point i was making. 

Infinite undiscovery was a great game .

Like you ever played anything on xbox. Give me a break dude. You are as biased as they come.

He's got a point man all the games he listed like Infinite undiscovery, amped 3, ect were pretty horrid games.

bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
chocoloco said:

Any new game not published by Microsoft Studios will just be a time exclusive in my MInd. Microsoft prove me wrong.

ah come on, there are hundreds of exclusive games on the xbox... they just aren't any good ;)

HAHAHAHAHAH. I would say the same but gears and halo rape any other game so I can't.

lol, not saying there aren't amazing games as well, but those are done by microsoft.  Its the cheap budget titles that xbox seems to get and ps3 doesn't that I'm talking about.

Really you consider those games cheap. I would highly  doubt left 4 dead is cheap or Alan Wake. I also think Too human was under rated.

are you even reading what I'm saying?  Alan Wake and Too Human are from microsoft, but I'm not even talking about high quality exclusives.  I'm talking about games like operation darkness, infinite undiscovery, amped 3, america's army: true soldier, etc.  

There are hundreds of exclusive games on the xbox that nobody ever talks about because they are crap.  That is the only point i was making. 

Like you ever played anything on xbox. Give me a break dude. You are as biased as they come.

lol, what?

check out my game collection and see which system I own the most games on and have all the multiplats for and get back to me.

edit:  The truth of the matter is I actually DON'T have any bias.  Makes me a bit unique on this site. 

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
chocoloco said:

He's got a point man all the games he listed like Infinite undiscovery, amped 3, ect were pretty horrid games.

thanks for the support.  People are so quick to jump on people and scream bias on this site without really looking at what they are saying. 

gergroy said:
yo_john117 said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:

thanks for the support.  People are so quick to jump on people and scream bias on this site without really looking at what they are saying. 

Tell me about it man....its a lose lose situation. If you have your gamertag/wii ID/PSN name in your sig then people automatically lable you biased to begin with, if you don't have anything like that and say something even remotely negative then people jump all over you like white on rice. Gets rather tiresome...

rare better give us banjo threeie

Chevinator123 said:

rare better give us banjo threeie

A great treat that would be!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

AussieGecko said:
chocoloco said:

they have with gears... you shouldnt ignore that factor

Microsoft published Gears right? Made by someone else, but published by Microsoft(like Mass Effect) I think.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius