By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Go Big at GDC , Week Before Xbox Event.

donsterydo2 said:

Probably nothing worth waiting. Don't get your hopes up.

Really mr. I can see the future, They have already rumored several things from sources. So it's almost confirmed some big announcements will be made shortly. MS doesn't show their exclusives a year in advance, they let the hype build up for potential games.

Around the Network

Always these rumors that just end up with disoppointment lol.

yo_john117 said:
chocoloco said:

Any new game not published by Microsoft Studios will just be a time exclusive in my MInd. Microsoft prove me wrong.

Wow you do bring up a good point!

Yeah man I like to complain because we all know Steve Balmer and company are listening. :D

twesterm said:
chocoloco said:
AussieGecko said:
chocoloco said:

Any new game not published by Microsoft Studios will just be a time exclusive in my MInd. Microsoft prove me wrong.

they have with gears... you shouldnt ignore that factor

They have had gears since launch, most of us are looking for something new and Kinect anything does not count unless I have the option to play with or without it.

If you didn't have to use Kinect then wouldn't it be nothing new?

Of course it would be new, its like saying a brand new truck model is not new every year because there is no new way to drive it.        

chocoloco said:
twesterm said:
chocoloco said:
AussieGecko said:
chocoloco said:

They have had gears since launch, most of us are looking for something new and Kinect anything does not count unless I have the option to play with or without it.

Of course it would be new, its like saying a brand new truck model is not new every year because there is no new way to drive it.        

Right, but you're saying something is only new if it has Kinect AND can still be played with a controller.  That implies that you or something would like to play whatever it is with traditional controls which implies that traditionally controleld games can still be new...so your statement doesn't make sense.

• Most of us are looking for something new
  • Kinect does not count as new unless it has both control sets
  • Therefore, a game with Kinect controls can be new
  • Therefore, a game without Kinect controls can be new
  • Therefore, any game cannot be new regardless of Kinect controls.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
chocoloco said:
twesterm said:
chocoloco said:
AussieGecko said:
chocoloco said:

Right, but you're saying something is only new if it has Kinect AND can still be played with a controller.  That implies that you or something would like to play whatever it is with traditional controls which implies that traditionally controleld games can still be new...so your statement doesn't make sense.

• Most of us are looking for something new
  • Kinect does not count as new unless it has both control sets
  • Therefore, a game with Kinect controls can be new
  • Therefore, a game without Kinect controls can be new
  • Therefore, any game cannot be new regardless of Kinect controls.

There is fault in my arguement if your looking at from the perspective of a person who actually wants to play kinect. I'm writing from a bias of someone who will not buy anything that works with kinect alone. I report my own biases and cannot predict what others will enjoy or appreciate. So with or without kinect it is new, some will be happy because it is new because they like or want kinect. The other group will look at it as Microsoft giving them nothing because they have no interest in kinect.

So if something works only with kinect it must interest me alone to make it worthwhile in my eyes. I am just hoping microsoft is able to please everyone by making kinect games that also function with the traditional 360 control system.

chocoloco said:
yo_john117 said:
chocoloco said:

Yeah man I like to complain because we all know Steve Balmer and company are listening. :D

Yeah man I bet he's scouring the forums all over the net! In fact I bet he's here with us now!! *looks at the xbox man*

yo_john117 said:
chocoloco said:
yo_john117 said:
chocoloco said:

Yeah man I bet he's scouring the forums all over the net! In fact I bet he's here with us now!! *looks at the xbox man*

Yes, it is time for the xbox man to step out of the shadows and admit he is the fat, balding genius behind Microsoft.

so when exactily is this xbox event going to happen ??

they better annouce the return of Project Gotham Racing  wooooooooooo

gergroy said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
bannedagain said:
gergroy said:
chocoloco said:

ah come on, there are hundreds of exclusive games on the xbox... they just aren't any good ;)

HAHAHAHAHAH. I would say the same but gears and halo rape any other game so I can't.

lol, not saying there aren't amazing games as well, but those are done by microsoft.  Its the cheap budget titles that xbox seems to get and ps3 doesn't that I'm talking about.

Really you consider those games cheap. I would highly  doubt left 4 dead is cheap or Alan Wake. I also think Too human was under rated.

are you even reading what I'm saying?  Alan Wake and Too Human are from microsoft, but I'm not even talking about high quality exclusives.  I'm talking about games like operation darkness, infinite undiscovery, amped 3, america's army: true soldier, etc.  

There are hundreds of exclusive games on the xbox that nobody ever talks about because they are crap.  That is the only point i was making. 

Infinite undiscovery was a great game .

Like you ever played anything on xbox. Give me a break dude. You are as biased as they come.