By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A place for VGChartz Pro data

Soleron said:

I like the spirit of this thread.

This was what should have gone in section 8 (if anyone remembers that time in VGC history).

Section 8 came back came with the new VG Chartz then left again, any word why?

Around the Network

I like this thread. I hope you find a way to make it work.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

99% sure I've worked out how to produce a table with the top 200 (or more or less) games for each week. Will be trying it tonight. This upcoming weeks data (5th of Feb) will be the alpha version. The first week will be rough, with no mention of platform or the like. If it works I can then focus on adding that and release date. That will be the beta. Then I can focus on making it look pretty.

Within a month the data I provide should be nearly up to scratch with what we were getting, with two exceptions.

Data will still only be available to the ten thousands column.

Adjustments will be taken into account in the week's data that comes after the adjustments are made. I will not (and can not) go back and adjust the numbers I present when ioi does.

Gilgamesh said:
Soleron said:

I like the spirit of this thread.

This was what should have gone in section 8 (if anyone remembers that time in VGC history).

Section 8 came back came with the new VG Chartz then left again, any word why?

I only heard about the original - don't know, sorry.

scottie said:

99% sure I've worked out how to produce a table with the top 200 (or more or less) games for each week. Will be trying it tonight. This upcoming weeks data (5th of Feb) will be the alpha version. The first week will be rough, with no mention of platform or the like. If it works I can then focus on adding that and release date. That will be the beta. Then I can focus on making it look pretty.

Within a month the data I provide should be nearly up to scratch with what we were getting, with two exceptions.

Data will still only be available to the ten thousands column.

Adjustments will be taken into account in the week's data that comes after the adjustments are made. I will not (and can not) go back and adjust the numbers I present when ioi does.

Sounds awesome. Fingers crossed that it works out!

Around the Network

Yay! ill be looking forward to these numbers. 

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

I can't say I approve of what is going on here. The change brought about by VGC Pro has been done to allow ioi to make the money he needs to continue improving VGC and the numbers behind it. Trying to nullify that change seems like a cry for personal gain with little understanding of why the change was done in the first place. I don't agree with ioi's decision to limit the weekly list to the top 40 only as it is a tad restricitive, but trying to undermine that change is not the right way of trying to change ioi's mind on the matter.

EDIT: That was probably a bit of an overreaction I had there. I'm sure I misjudged the intentions here, and I probably overestimated the effect this might have, but I stand by my point still (just in much less angry-face kind of way, and more of a I-wonder-how-ioi-feels-about-this kind of way).

Rainbird said:

I can't say I approve of what is going on here. The change brought about by VGC Pro has been done to allow ioi to make the money he needs to continue improving VGC and the numbers behind it. Trying to nullify that change seems like a cry for personal gain with little understanding of why the change was done in the first place. I don't agree with ioi's decision to limit the weekly list to the top 40 only as it is a tad restricitive, but trying to undermine that change is not the right way of trying to change ioi's mind on the matter.

Remember, ioi said it's not removing the data, but making it harder to find.

Also, this is good for me. Allows me to continue with my thread, of which I don't think you've posted in.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Rainbird said:

Remember, ioi said it's not removing the data, but making it harder to find.

Also, this is good for me. Allows me to continue with my thread, of which I don't think you've posted in.

I never said anything different.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I may have overreacted a bit.

I'm interested in seeing how this will turn out...