By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CGI-Quality said:
LivingMetal said:
CGI-Quality said:
homer said:

LivingMetal said:

Kinect = Casual.  Move = hardcore

Because obviously Eyepet and EA Fitness(or whatever it is called) is hardcore right? Both software lineups suck right now.

Move's line-up obviously consists of more than EyePet. His assessment is fairly accurate, Move appeals more to Sony's current userbase, while Kinect breaks away from the 360's core (typical) base.

I would argue that Kinect actually caters to its base as well.  Just from my personal observations.

Not that it's base won't enjoy it, but it's not designed to appeal to that crowd in the same way Move is to the PS3 userbase. Kinect goes directly after a slice of the Wii market, which looks to be paying off. If it strictly went for the 360 core base, I think the situation would look drastically different.

The best way to know is to compare the bundles sales to the individuals sales. Still not entirely accurate but probably the best way to find out.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
LivingMetal said:
CGI-Quality said:
homer said:

LivingMetal said:

Because obviously Eyepet and EA Fitness(or whatever it is called) is hardcore right? Both software lineups suck right now.

Move's line-up obviously consists of more than EyePet. His assessment is fairly accurate, Move appeals more to Sony's current userbase, while Kinect breaks away from the 360's core (typical) base.

I would argue that Kinect actually caters to its base as well.  Just from my personal observations.

Not that it's base won't enjoy it, but it's not designed to appeal to that crowd in the same way Move is to the PS3 userbase. Kinect goes directly after a slice of the Wii market, which looks to be paying off. If it strictly went for the 360 core base, I think the situation would look drastically different.

Which is why MS strategy was better. PS3 already was making thier core userbase happy as was the 360.  MS wanted to branch out and bring more people in.  Ultimately this will increase MS market and lead to stronger overall sales for 360 software of all types.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

kowenicki said:
huaxiong90 said:

Aghh...I tried to warn you. You should've edited the post while you still had the time, because I knew someone was going to end up reporting you.

yeah but a 3 week ban for that is a tad harsh...  who was actually offended by that pic really?  wow.  

While I completely agree people need to lighten up, just posting a comment that is poking fun at the sensitive people of a fanbase like that when it's not really justified...well, it can be regarded as both flamebait and lacking content. Though it being 3 weeks is more likely because it's a repeated offense.

Oh well.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CGI-Quality said:
LivingMetal said:
CGI-Quality said:
homer said:

LivingMetal said:

I see what you're saying, but define "core."  Part of my perspective that plays into this is that usually the most popular genre has the most casual userbase.  Because it appears to me that shooters seems to be very popular if not the most popular genre this generation and shooter seem to sell the best on the Xbox 360, I can perceive that part of that "core" jumped on the Kinect bandwagon.

thx1139 said:
CGI-Quality said:
LivingMetal said:
CGI-Quality said:
homer said:

LivingMetal said:

Which is why MS strategy was better. PS3 already was making thier core userbase happy as was the 360.  MS wanted to branch out and bring more people in.  Ultimately this will increase MS market and lead to stronger overall sales for 360 software of all types.

This is a possibility.  We'll see if the Xbox 360 will finally be able to outsell the PS3 in a years time (about this time next year).  I'm not waiting.

Around the Network

kinect is doing brilliantly

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

thx1139 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
AussieGecko said:
Mr.Metralha said:

The Wii needs a redesign.

it needs a phat hahaha

@zuvuyeay

The problem is I don't think our site is able to track the software sold in the Asian regions that well as there really isn't a very good infrastructure in place for sales of games there right now anyway, in 5 years it'll be much easier!

Thats why Japan isn't merged, as Japan on its own is much more accurate.

I agree with this and with this in mind the areas in EMEAA that arent accurate should be pulled out of EMEAA and put in another category.

Think the categories should be.

US and Canada

Europe and Australia

Japan

Others - This would be all areas that the tracking is iffy. This includes Mexico and other Latin American countries, other countries in Europe, Asia and Africa that tracking is iffy.

I like this idea a lot!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Pavolink said:
Nintendogamer said:

no it needs a price cut during this year with more software and bundles, maybe we will see a gold Wii bundel with Skyward Sword propr to 25th anniversary. We could see something at GDC though.

Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit bundle needs to be WW, and not just EU.

Nintendo make much larger margins in Europe. They can afford to bundle in the wheel and Balance board. Not to mention the fact that european retailers had been unofficially bundling the balance board for a while. America is a different story, with the balance board bundled in they'd probably be seeling it at a loss or a very very minimal profit. The MK Wheel probably costs less to produce though so that bundle wouldn't completely surprise me. Plus, I don't think Americans are as sensitive to added-value bundles as Europeans are. When WSR started getting bundled early last year it only had a very minor affect on sales. And the red Wii bundle didn't really start increasing sales until Black Friday.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Skeeuk said:

kinect is doing brilliantly

huaxiong90 said:
kowenicki said:
huaxiong90 said:

Aghh...I tried to warn you. You should've edited the post while you still had the time, because I knew someone was going to end up reporting you.

yeah but a 3 week ban for that is a tad harsh...  who was actually offended by that pic really?  wow.  

While I completely agree people need to lighten up, just posting a comment that is poking fun at the sensitive people of a fanbase like that when it's not really justified...well, it can be regarded as both flamebait and lacking content. Though it being 3 weeks is more likely because it's a repeated offense.

Oh well.

ding ding ding, we have a winner.  It's not 3 weeks because it was a particularly awful example of breaking the rules, but because he is a repeat offender of flamebaiting.