By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This week we have Dragon Age 2 million, Fable 4 million and Kinect at 8 million.

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

I think what's really helping the Xbox 360 with its sales is Kinect and its games.  This peripheral seems to be a good addition to current Xbox 360 owners and a few new owners here in the United States.  Kudos.

no offence but no Sh!t

Agree with Living Metal - Kinect has been a breath of fresh air for 360 in a way that Move has not.

Fufinu said:

Agree with Living Metal - Kinect has been a breath of fresh air for 360 in a way that Move has not.

Yes that may be so but most xbox fans have been saying this then you get morons (not saying living metal, talking about the ones with no avatars) that say Kinect is not helping Xbox when there is more than enough proof to show that it is indeed giving the 360 a good ole boost.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Lyrikalstylez said:

huaxiong90 said:

Doesn't hurt me at all, personally. It's just console sales.

Just throwing my 2 cents.

Well thats good to know......but Whyare people trying to deny the fact that 360 sold more

Let 360 fans have a little Joy......Just be happy that all consoles are doing well

Aghh...I tried to warn you. You should've edited the post while you still had the time, because I knew someone was going to end up reporting you.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

heruamon said:

Yeah, I'm glad they both sold 8 million...

We actually don't know how many units Move has moved.

We haven't had an update on the device since November, when it had sold about 4 Million, if I remember correctly.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
tombi123 said:
Seece said:
tombi123 said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

I don't even know who you are, so you aint a likely suspect

Damage control is the fact you guys are bringing up before we do. These consoles are selling the same amount which amazing. 

No it isnt, what's to damage control for 360 fans here? Just calling it out because it's lol funny seeing people do it.

I agree the 360 is doing great, but so is the PS3. It's a tie 

Yes they're both doing great, PS3 more so because its price cut is a year old. Still, not a tie, go learn math psrock.

Oh the irony.

All home consoles are statistically tied.

No irony, can't you read, he said tie not statistical tie

pedant :P and it's spelt maths :P

pedant

I was being ironic.

Carl2291 said:
heruamon said:

Yeah, I'm glad they both sold 8 million...

We actually don't know how many units Move has moved.

We haven't had an update on the device since November, when it had sold about 4 Million, if I remember correctly.

6-7M  shipped is my guess.

LBP2 has a pretty good 2ND week,considering it's January,I'm just hoping the legs will be similar to the first's.

DS2 has a good opening,I did expect the PS3 version do to better than this though.

kowenicki said:
cliffhanger said:

Japan is completely backwards to the rest of the world. Their highest selling console is WW lowest, and their lowest is WW highest

Added to which the sales are pretty poor across the board.  The relevance of Japan on the gaming world stage diminshes almost monthly.

Yes they have a very vibrant industry but it is becoming  more and more insular and marginalised.   Only Nintendo seem to be able to cross the divide successfully.

Don't you like to say the UK is becoming pretty huge kowen?

Just incase you didn't know, the DS base alone in Japan is bigger than every console in the UK combined.

Japan is still big and relevant.

AussieGecko said:
Fufinu said:

Yes that may be so but most xbox fans have been saying this then you get morons (not saying living metal, talking about the ones with no avatars) that say Kinect is not helping Xbox when there is more than enough proof to show that it is indeed giving the 360 a good ole boost.

Let's admit it, when MS looked like it was pushing Kinect also for things it's not the best at, there were some reasons to be sceptical, but MS was lightning fast to spot the things Kinect excels at, started pushing them more than everything and it worked damn well, the effects have been undeniable for months by now. It's also quite remarkable that focusing on Kinect's strong points and dropping the initial PS pretensions to meke it do everything, MS actually taught itself a lesson of humility before being hit by reality, unlike Sony at the start of this gen, but thanks to the huge overall marketing effort, this little but effective humility bit was almost unnoticed, avoiding the risk of it even slightly chipping away at the demonstration of power.

This said, it's also silly to claim Wii or PS3 are d0med due to Kinect, particularly claiming that about Wii: during this gen, Wii at the top of its power was crushing competition, now XB360, at the top of its power, isn't crushing anything, except Balance Board where Nintendo isn't bundling it yet. And this despite Wii be now in a descending part of its lifetime sales curve (although it's quite sure Ninty still has some remaining moves to play to give it some more local maxima before its true decline start).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!