By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:
huaxiong90 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

huaxiong90 said:

Doesn't hurt me at all, personally. It's just console sales.

Just throwing my 2 cents.

Well thats good to know......but Whyare people trying to deny the fact that 360 sold more

Let 360 fans have a little Joy......Just be happy that all consoles are doing well

Aghh...I tried to warn you. You should've edited the post while you still had the time, because I knew someone was going to end up reporting you.

yeah but a 3 week ban for that is a tad harsh...  who was actually offended by that pic really?  wow.  

i don't understand who would report that either,people need to have thicker skin than this,shouldn't get banned

i see far worse

japan is unique and a great market but i'd still like it to be merged with asia/middle east as it would make the weekly charts more interesting overall and we would still get individual japan threads and articles for people to discuss

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Fable II (X360)
Microsoft
119 11,878 4,014,039

Probably with digital already over 4.5M played this and over 8M the first mission wich is free... Great Job Lionhead!

i agree with that breakdown too ^^

Above & Beyond

The 3DS and NGP later on this year will show you the power of the Japanese market.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

The 3DS and NGP later on this year will show you the power of the Japanese market.

DS Already proved that.. 32M Sold Japan Alone.

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Let's admit it, when MS looked like it was pushing Kinect also for things it's not the best at, there were some reasons to be sceptical, but MS was lightning fast to spot the things Kinect excels at, started pushing them more than everything and it worked damn well, the effects have been undeniable for months by now. It's also quite remarkable that focusing on Kinect's strong points and dropping the initial PS pretensions to meke it do everything, MS actually taught itself a lesson of humility before being hit by reality, unlike Sony at the start of this gen, but thanks to the huge overall marketing effort, this little but effective humility bit was almost unnoticed, avoiding the risk of it even slightly chipping away at the demonstration of power.

This said, it's also silly to claim Wii or PS3 are d0med due to Kinect, particularly claiming that about Wii: during this gen, Wii at the top of its power was crushing competition, now XB360, at the top of its power, isn't crushing anything, except Balance Board where Nintendo isn't bundling it yet. And this despite Wii be now in a descending part of its lifetime sales curve (although it's quite sure Ninty still has some remaining moves to play to give it some more local maxima before its true decline start).

Even the most darndest fan would say that Kinect would ever have a real impact on PS3/Wii. If it did have it on the Wii it would be slight, the fact that Wii is down has nothing to do with Kinect imo. It is simply due to the fact that soooo many out there and a large audience is in fact the casual audience.

With PS2 they had a large section of the Casual and Hardcore so they are aiming at 2 different audiences. 360's Kinect will only help 360... to a large extent.

The fact that Move isn't being pushed as much as Kinect is imo a great advantage to the ps3, it means people won't compare and from a casual perspective in the essence of technology and all things like that involved Kinect seems to be the more advanced choice. I show people at work and they are like "Are we gonna get controllers to play it". That IMO is what is selling it. The belief of controllers is finally being blown away.

Balance Board won't be fully bundled imo the box is small. The people who want Wii Fit are more than happy to buy it, at least from our store. It is generally accepted you get them seperately. When there are deals that makes the Wii Fit worth 0 people don't buy them any more frequently.

Again these are all from my experiences.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

*Sound Of Rain said:

I do understand that VGC is guesstimating but its still annoying...I say 360>Wii>PS3 for this week and you can't say I am biased at all because I don't own a 360 and I like Wii and PS3 better. Its just my opinion anyway so nobody has to agree with me.

Also, do you know the answer to my M.S.M question? Does VGC always just wait when a game comes out in Australia before the U.K?

The owning of all 3 consoles does not make you unbiased. I personally know someone who bought an Xbox360 just so they could criticise the thing.

I prefer the 360 but bought a PS3 because my brother-in-law plays ps3. He is the main person I know that goes online. Don't play with him anymore but when I bought my PS3 it was a factor. I can be biased to the 360, I think everyone has a bias we can't hide. Its how well you hide it and if you can be open to more thoughts.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

The Wii needs a redesign.

darthdevidem01 said:

not denying the power of the japanese market,its great and i like the fact we get so much depth knowledge with it but i think it would be better for the charts as a whole if it merged with asia/me,it would create more interest in the weekly charts

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
darthdevidem01 said:

not denying the power of the japanese market,its great and i like the fact we get so much depth knowledge with it but i think it would be better for the charts as a whole if it merged with asia/me,it would create more interest in the weekly charts

This.

Americas, PAL regions, and Asia would be nice charts. Japan is a single country, thats the same as having charts just for the UK...