By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy: Officialy burnt out?

Final Fantasy: Officialy burnt out?

Yes 130 47.62%

No 94 34.43%

GIVE DEM A CHANCE! 40 14.65%

Not an FPS so I don't care :-) 9 3.30%

Total:273

I hoep TLS or DQ usurps FF as the most important western RPG franchise (DQ always has been more popular in Japan).

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

Sorry to be rude Cone but i have enjoyed reading almost every one of your threads, not because i nesaserily agree but because they where original. This subject is getting incredibly boring. people say how the series is slowly during when because there getting worse. Shore ff13 wasn't revived as well as many before but 12 was still sitting at 92 (as was ff10) on meta so how is it slowly getting worse. its just 1 game. Little big planet 2 is on 91 and nobody is sayign little big plabnet is dying. Shore ff14 was terrible but people have been saying his loong before ff14's release.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

@beuli2  dragon quest is possible, The last Story?? dont think so, it still isnt even confirmed for a worldwide release

Carl2291 said:

I've not read this thread. I've not read the Destructoid article (Although I can assure it's been written by Stirling. It has to have been). So I'm just going to comment on if I think Final Fantasy is burnt out.

Final Fantasy XIII is already the 4th best selling Final Fantasy game of all time, in under a Year since it was released in the West. 

It has a sequel coming out for the HD consoles.
It has a Spin-off in development for the PS3.
There are currently 3 Final Fantasy games in development for the PSP.

This is all despite Square Enix being managed by a douchebag who doesn't know what he's doing with the Franchise.

Final Fantasy is far from being burned out. Just because they released one game, which was an MMO released only on the PC thus-far, which has been a disaster, does not mean that the series is burned out.

I might read whatever Destructoid have put out and add to this depending on the reasons they have gave.

Exactly. FF is far from dead.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Nah... it had some rough years, but burnt out? no way

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:

me and 6 million others who got ff13 would beg to differ :D

Seriously don't you mean that 3 million out of 6 "beg the differ" beacuse franky atleast 50% of us who bought the damn game where dissapointed

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

me and 6 million others who got ff13 would beg to differ :D

Seriously don't you mean that 3 million out of 6 "beg the differ" beacuse franky atleast 50% of us who bought the damn game where dissapointed

FF13's reception was very interesting. Unlike many games in the series it was literally a 50 -50 split with one half absalutly loving it to bits and the other half shooting themselves. I somehow like it like that ^^

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Carl2291 said:

I've not read this thread. I've not read the Destructoid article (Although I can assure it's been written by Stirling. It has to have been). So I'm just going to comment on if I think Final Fantasy is burnt out.

Final Fantasy XIII is already the 4th best selling Final Fantasy game of all time, in under a Year since it was released in the West. 

It has a sequel coming out for the HD consoles.
It has a Spin-off in development for the PS3.
There are currently 3 Final Fantasy games in development for the PSP.

This is all despite Square Enix being managed by a douchebag who doesn't know what he's doing with the Franchise.

Final Fantasy is far from being burned out. Just because they released one game, which was an MMO released only on the PC thus-far, which has been a disaster, does not mean that the series is burned out.

I might read whatever Destructoid have put out and add to this depending on the reasons they have gave.

Carl once again kicking butt and taking names!

really? afranchise to me is burnt out when it doest entertain anymore ff still does to alot more than not.

2000cc said:

Well FF6 was my first FF and I liked it a lot, FF7 was ok but I couldn't understand the hype, nowhere near as good as 6 IMO, Then FF8 blew both of them away imo but voicing that opinion was about as popular as saying you had smallpox at the time.

Now have played every FF multiple times and my top 3 are 12,13 and 8 in that order (then 6, and I try to look as objectively as I can at 6 as I know in this series many never get past thinking their first played is 'the best' but I really cant justify any others above it in 4th place)

Being a literature fan, Personally I the series is getting better as the stories are getting more novel/cinema-like, and the constant gameplay changes, though all have their flaws in some places and none are perfect, keep the series fresh and interesting.

But the magic is contually growing for me, if it were not for this series I wouldn't be playing games, this series singlehandedly justifies the hobby for me. There are other good games out there without a doubt and I enjoy them a lot but I probably would have dropped the hobby long ago had it not been for FF's progression keeping me interested, especially with all the negativity that seems to be in gaming media these days (of which Mr Sterling here is one of the most negative), at times it can be as dismal a media to look at as political media.

You need to be on my friends list.