By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor/Report:New Kirby Wii, Pandora's Tower, 3DS/TLS pre-orders, more

CONFIRMEDhttp://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/110128/07.html

(includes new Kirby Wii trailer)

Kirby Wii game by Hal, trailer was shown(Looks like the old gc verison)
Just Dance And Goldeneye are being released in Japan by Nintendo
Pandora's tower is coming out this year
-They have many other unannouced wii games in development

3DS

May the eShop(3DIZED old games) and browser opens, plus DSI transfers.

Iwata: The reason they are only releasing dogs at launch, is because the software that is equivalant to wii sports for the wii is pre-bundled into the 3ds. Also they wanted attention for 3rd parties. 

Because of this, they have games that were completed even before dogs yet will be released afterwards

-They've got many software that can be sold this year, but haven't been announced.

Sales
- Last story and 3ds Pre-orders are both good.

Question: Western third party support for 3ds is weak, isn't it?

Answer: The importance(ratio) of hand-helds is weak overseas which makes it difficult to devote resources towards handheld only games. I believe the important of hand-helds in the west will increase, will that be enough to move western developers? it will become clear By looking at western publishers developments towards NGP and other factors.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/29/nintendo_wii_titles/ (SUMMARY FROM ANDRIASANG)

PANDORA'S TOWER: UNTIL I AM BY YOUR SIDE AGAIN

Webpage: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx3j/index.html (with music)

the voice on the official site says "Dying with beauty, or living with ugliness. Which would you be happier with?"

Spring 2011 in Japan, rated CERO C. Developer unknown, genre unknown

Seems to have a lot of biblical references. Possibly another JRPG?

Around the Network

Iwata's call with investors will be up shortly (within 5-6 hours) so this garbled mess from neogaf will be cleared up soon enough.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Also, as a side note, Pandora is a very interesting story. The "box" in the story is really a jar if you translate the Greek cleanly but I believe in some accounts it was hidden in a great tower. I might be mixing up my ancient stories but I'm pretty sure some people have noted that some versions of the Pandora story are a bit like combining the Tower of Babel and Adam & Eve story from the Bible.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

Also, as a side note, Pandora is a very interesting story. The "box" in the story is really a jar if you translate the Greek cleanly but I believe in some accounts it was hidden in a great tower. I might be mixing up my ancient stories but I'm pretty sure some people have noted that some versions of the Pandora story are a bit like combining the Tower of Babel and Adam & Eve story from the Bible.

It really give us a very interesting setting for a game unless Nintendo screws it up and just makes a gimickly puzzle game >.<

Above: still the best game of the year.

CONFIRMED: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/110128/07.html

(INCLUDES NEW KIRBY WII TRAILER)

Pandora's Tower

Around the Network

Nice to see a new Nintendo platformer. They continue to offer us what we want.

I am curious about what Pandora'sTower will be. I hope it's not a puzzle game but rather an adventure game.

Kirbys are like buses. You wait years for one home console game to arrive, and then two come along at once.

Also Google Translate Lolz:

Also, Kirby is Kirby last year's wool is released in the U.S. and Japan], and for this story turns into Kirby's new smoking vomiting stationary game machines, Imashi to keep you waiting very long or. For the [Wii] Kirby's new product has been developed by a team of Hull Institute. Please see the movie as well.

[Kirby] also this latest film is scheduled for release this year.

fwap said:

CONFIRMED: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/110128/07.html

(INCLUDES NEW KIRBY WII TRAILER)

Pandora's Tower

Finnaly a Kirby game I can buy and not be ashamed of.

fwap said:

Kirbys are like buses. You wait years for one home console game to arrive, and then two come along at once.

Also Google Translate Lolz:

Also, Kirby is Kirby last year's wool is released in the U.S. and Japan], and for this story turns into Kirby's new smoking vomiting stationary game machines, Imashi to keep you waiting very long or. For the [Wii] Kirby's new product has been developed by a team of Hull Institute. Please see the movie as well.

[Kirby] also this latest film is scheduled for release this year.

Wut?

A new Kirby? So soon? Would rather have gotten something else

I think it should be 3DS too