By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor/Report:New Kirby Wii, Pandora's Tower, 3DS/TLS pre-orders, more

Shadowfest3 said:

The footage of the Kirby game was pretty nice.  Of course I've never actually played a Kirby game, but I did try Epic Yarn at a GameStop once and it really didn't appeal to me.

To be fair, Epic Yarn plays quite differently from other Kirby games. The trailer shown for the new game is much more in line with the rest of the series.

Around the Network

Iwata talking about the Pokemon typing game, but that's not the reason I'm posting this.

"To be included in the software’s package is a keyboard which is compatible with Bluetooth standards. A Bluetooth communication function is also included in the ROM card, so they wirelessly communicate.  
Although Nintendo does not guarantee the connections, the keyboard can be connected with various other devices. Internally at Nintendo, some are connecting the prototype keyboard with iPhone and Android. Actually, I’m one of them. After all, when it comes to the speedy typing of a long sentence, a keyboard has the advantage."

This sentances proves to me that Iwata isn't that worried about smarphones.

About the new Kirby game for the Wii, Iwata says it's part of the "Kirby’s Dreamland" franchise. I think they are relesing this because of to the reactions to Kirby's Epic Yarn. Personally I think they should have made Epic Yarn into a new franchise, rather than putting Kirby in it.

That sounds good to me, I like me a bit of Kirby...

But, that "Pandora's Tower" is what's really intriguing me. Yet ANOTHER new JRPG like the Last Story and Xenoblade for the Wii? Proverbial buses eh?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Iwata: "Other than these games I mentioned, Nintendo is preparing for several more Wii titles to hit this year. We will make these announcements at later dates."

This is after he announced the other Wii games. 

The Nintendo eShop, transfer of Nintendo DSiWare from Nintendo DSi to Nintendo 3DS, and Internet Browser will avilable in an update in late May. This is for Japan, we don't know how it will be in the rest of the world.

"In addition, to prepare for when consumers purchase a new Nintendo 3DS, we are planning to make it possible in the future for consumers to collectively transfer the software bought through Nintendo eShop on one Nintendo 3DS system to another Nintendo 3DS system even though the total number of transfers shall be limited.  
This feature will be realized through a system update after the launch of Nintendo eShop."

fwap said:

Iwata made a point of highlighting that (like Mario's last year) it's the 25th anniversary for Zelda this year, and the 15th anniversaries for Pokemon and DQ.

He also mentions that there are Wii and 3DS Pokemon games in the works.

Also apparently the text accompanying Pandora's Tower reads: "Until I am by your side again"

Maybe an adventure game.

I hope so

I don't want it to be Adventures of LoloWii

Around the Network

Bloody hell, some big guns are finally coming out the dark...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/83786/tons-of-data-from-nintendos-december-quarter-investor-briefing/

I've dumped all the relevant graphs from the presentation and analyzed them for those interested. Long read though!

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I wonder what happened to a Wii game that was set in space, can't recall the name now, it was present in a line up tailer for a brief moment.

Is Pandora's Tower the same game that Shigeru Miyamoto said he was developing? He said he wanted to come out with a new character. Probably not though because this game doesn't sound like a game Miyamoto would develop.

Pandora´s tower has my attention now... Hopefully a new RPG, or action-RPG... Hoping to get more info soon...

And what about Zero Shinsaku?, I saw it just next to Pandora´s tower...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064