By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Comments Sales: Wut???

kitler53 said:
Beuli2 said:
TheGameFather said:

Maybe I wasn't the only one who lost interest in Wii when Nintendo decided not to support Motion Plus...

But yeah no doomage, just a slightly less stelar year.

Games take a long time to develop you see, but don't worry, a full shipment of WM plus games is coming this E3.

i remember saything that same thing to myself after nintendo's lack of support for the BB -- it's called wishful thinking.

oh and btw -- if they had enough time to develop wii sports resort they had enough time to develop something else at the same time.  its not like they had to wait until 3 months after WSR was out to think about making another game -- or if you want to play that card then the 3DS is doomed as there obviously won't be any software released in year two. 

WSR to fling smash to zelda is too sparce of a line-up.  $40 worth of motion plus devices later i expected something to release for it...

Then why else would they make the Wii Remote Plus? To enjoy 1 year old games? Flying Smash? While Nintendo has done things far more stupid in the past like abandoning 2D Mario for 18 years, I don't think they would have invested time, money, staff and technology in a new controller just for games that have already been released. No, they have someting under their sleeve, I'm sure of it.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network

I'm confused didnt Donkey Kong do really well? and didnt Mario Galaxy 2 did well enough during the year to diswarrant the need of an end of year big game.

they could just release 1 of their big games towards the end of the year, this year they could puch Zelda to November or December and that seems like a problem solved to me.

Beuli2 said:
kitler53 said:
Beuli2 said:
TheGameFather said:

Maybe I wasn't the only one who lost interest in Wii when Nintendo decided not to support Motion Plus...

But yeah no doomage, just a slightly less stelar year.

Games take a long time to develop you see, but don't worry, a full shipment of WM plus games is coming this E3.

i remember saything that same thing to myself after nintendo's lack of support for the BB -- it's called wishful thinking.

oh and btw -- if they had enough time to develop wii sports resort they had enough time to develop something else at the same time.  its not like they had to wait until 3 months after WSR was out to think about making another game -- or if you want to play that card then the 3DS is doomed as there obviously won't be any software released in year two. 

WSR to fling smash to zelda is too sparce of a line-up.  $40 worth of motion plus devices later i expected something to release for it...

Then why else would they make the Wii Remote Plus? To enjoy 1 year old games? Flying Smash? While Nintendo has done things far more stupid in the past like abandoning 2D Mario for 18 years, I don't think they would have invested time, money, staff and technology in a new controller just for games that have already been released. No, they have someting under their sleeve, I'm sure of it.

why does nintendo do anything?  to make money.  but hey, maybe they do but at this point it is still just wishful thinking.  ..but i'd put my money on the only motion plus game out this year is zelda.

im sorry but WMplus is a done deal, that thing got released how long ago??? and what games to we have to show for it??? how much of those games are even Ninty games??? That thing is going to end up just like the WiiSpeak, after Zelda they're probably going to drop it. I hope im wrong I havent used the damn thing since Red Steel 2 almost a year ago!! I mean WTF Ninty Move has more titles available and its been out for a fraction of the time??? 

I don't know if we'll even see the vitality sensor this generation. I think they'll save it for a next generation concept to launch their next generation Wii with if they are still interested in pursuing it. I suspect that as a publicly traded company they'll need to get a new platform out shortly if they cannot maintain profit/market share. It isn't the game market which will kill the Wii but the sharemarket as Nintendo is a publicly traded company. I don't think the Wii sales and profit/revenue will be allowed to drop much further before they start finalising the Wii 2.

Tease.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

PS3 will be king. just like the ps2 and 1...oh wait :P its not hat simple xD Stop predicting this kinda stuff people :P

3DS will be king! (which is DS2, similar to PS2) The DS3 is doomed! :P

>4DS3 is doomed.

ftfy

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

From what i saw the sales data nintendo provided werent that bad... however there is a steep fall after the holidays which i think nintendo will have to deal with.

Squilliam said:

I don't know if we'll even see the vitality sensor this generation. I think they'll save it for a next generation concept to launch their next generation Wii with if they are still interested in pursuing it. I suspect that as a publicly traded company they'll need to get a new platform out shortly if they cannot maintain profit/market share. It isn't the game market which will kill the Wii but the sharemarket as Nintendo is a publicly traded company. I don't think the Wii sales and profit/revenue will be allowed to drop much further before they start finalising the Wii 2.

Tell that to the guys at Sony. They are still investing in this money pit they call the Playstation brand.

Wait?!

DKC isn't a killer app?

I LOVE ICELAND!

This is a summary of Nintendo's result :

Nintendo posted its consolidated results for the nine months ending in December 31, 2010. Net sales were 808 billion yen ($9.7 billion), a decrease of 31.7 percent on the same period in 2009, when net sales were at 1,182 billion yen ($14.2 billion).

Operating income was at 159 billion yen ($1.9 billion), down 46.5 percent on 2009. Ordinary income was down 74.4 percent to 80 billion yen ($963 million). Finally, net income was also down 74.3 percent to 50 billion yen ($602 million).

Not that great..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !