By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Comments Sales: Wut???

they still made a huge profit though lol.

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:
Squilliam said:

I don't know if we'll even see the vitality sensor this generation. I think they'll save it for a next generation concept to launch their next generation Wii with if they are still interested in pursuing it. I suspect that as a publicly traded company they'll need to get a new platform out shortly if they cannot maintain profit/market share. It isn't the game market which will kill the Wii but the sharemarket as Nintendo is a publicly traded company. I don't think the Wii sales and profit/revenue will be allowed to drop much further before they start finalising the Wii 2.

Tell that to the guys at Sony. They are still investing in this money pit they call the Playstation brand.

Yeah except PS3 performance doesn't dictate overall company performance given how diversified Sony is. Nintendo on the other hand are a software plus platform royalties plus games company. So you'd see how diminishing returns might reduce their share price especially as that shareprice is inflated on previously extremely good sales / profits compared to now.

Tease.

Ail said:

This is a summary of Nintendo's result :

Nintendo posted its consolidated results for the nine months ending in December 31, 2010. Net sales were 808 billion yen ($9.7 billion), a decrease of 31.7 percent on the same period in 2009, when net sales were at 1,182 billion yen ($14.2 billion).

Operating income was at 159 billion yen ($1.9 billion), down 46.5 percent on 2009. Ordinary income was down 74.4 percent to 80 billion yen ($963 million). Finally, net income was also down 74.3 percent to 50 billion yen ($602 million).

Not that great..

Does that mean the EDD made more profit in 6 months than Nintendo made in 9 months? Also that could mean the comparable yearly figures could put EDD at twice the profit when comparing their respective financial years?

Tease.

Nintendo is always conservative, and they always keep their plans under wraps, the less they say, the more is brewing

Squilliam said:
Smashchu2 said:
Squilliam said:

I don't know if we'll even see the vitality sensor this generation. I think they'll save it for a next generation concept to launch their next generation Wii with if they are still interested in pursuing it. I suspect that as a publicly traded company they'll need to get a new platform out shortly if they cannot maintain profit/market share. It isn't the game market which will kill the Wii but the sharemarket as Nintendo is a publicly traded company. I don't think the Wii sales and profit/revenue will be allowed to drop much further before they start finalising the Wii 2.

Tell that to the guys at Sony. They are still investing in this money pit they call the Playstation brand.

Yeah except PS3 performance doesn't dictate overall company performance given how diversified Sony is. Nintendo on the other hand are a software plus platform royalties plus games company. So you'd see how diminishing returns might reduce their share price especially as that shareprice is inflated on previously extremely good sales / profits compared to now.

Which would only be more reason to drop the line all together. It's not making the company money. All it is doing is taking the profits of the other departments and eating it all away, lowing their net income.

Nintendo, with less assets compaired to Sony, would be better off trying to increase sales of the Wii and release bigger software rather than spend much more resources to make a new system and hope it has the same success as the Wii. With a company who only makes games, launching a console is risky. Again, the reason they would rather try to increase Wii sales rather than to bet the farm on a new system, especially when 2009 has shown potential for the Wii and the software does amazingly well.

Around the Network

Dont know why they're crying. 3DS will most likely dominate NGP. Wii 2 will most likey outsell whatever M$ and Sony offer except the latter 2 join forces like they do with the PC platform

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Nintendo is still selling there prodducts great but there really wasnt a major release for 2010 and wii will have a 10 lifetime because nintendo said they wouldnt discontinue until another company makes a move and games are no longer released and where they are completley disatisfied with sales  and no there will be no wii 2 nintendo always has completley different home consoles

elmerion said:

Nintendo is getting outsoled left and right, its barely holding on worlwide sells

Its really sad :( instead of pushing more games similar to Donkey Kong Country Returns and New Super Mario Bros Wii. Nintendo keeps pushing hardcore games everywhere just for the sake of it

IT DIDNT WORK FOR THE GAMECUBE GUYS, YOU HAD TO FALL REALLY LOW TO GET BACK ON TRACK DONT DO IT AGAIN

Sigh.. i predict Nintendo losing next generation, there is.. no.. point...

.. Nintendo had its worst year! and the other companies could not even beat them at their worst!..

NINTENDO will be fine! dont you worry about that sonny jim!

KungKras said:

Wait?!

DKC isn't a killer app?

Not even close.

The good news is Nintendo realizes their mistake in 2010, now hopefully they will make sure 2011 has some killer apps