By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 3DS vs PSP2 (NGP) battle: Who will win the console wars ?

scapegoatsqueal said:
stopstopp said:
scapegoatsqueal said:

PSP2 will tank like the PSP, and $ony will fail to learn its lesson like with the PSP.

Like Sega?

Wow, I feel bad now.

its k, its normal 2 feel bad when u type something stupid. SEGA only went wrong with the Saturn, and they corrected themselves with the Dreamcast

If SEGA wins (or finally stops screwing up Sonic and getting the sales back), I'll admit they learned something.

Around the Network

I think this thread is pointless

you see there was never a console war, the war of hd or higher graphics was just a stupid thing because in the end all ended adding sensing tech to their systems and that was what nintendo did since the beginning with the wii.

So there was never a battle, and now the media are paying too much attention to the portable market, the portable market was always important just that nobody noticed it, and there won't be any battle as sony vs nintendo or psp2 vs 3ds not, it won't.

I don't think that people that claimed the 3ds to be too expensive will be buying a psp2 priced at $400.

The only console war was nintendo vs sega, other things besides that are just to drag attention when there are not such things as console wars that is just stupid.

I have the 3DS winning this war ((just as nintendo always has))

My reasons for this are as follows. Nintendo has 2 of the top 10 gaming franchises under their belt, and to make it worse they are the top two, and they are purely exclusive. No one, i repeat no one can fight that. Yes Pokemon B/W is releasing for the DS but I know a lot of people are going to buy a 3DS and play them on that instead of the DS ((myself included)) Then there are people who will go out and buy a 3DS for the simple fact that they know Pokemon is coming out eventually and will be totally awesome. Mario is a great fix for Hardcore and casual gamers ((i don't know how nintendo does it, but they can make both parties happy with this game, go figure)) 

Second reason: the 3DS offers something new ((not saying 3d is new, but without glasses it is)) It's following that old montra of let's give them something to talk about. The sheer fact that you can play games and what the Heck they pop out at you is freaking great. 

But this is not to say that the NGP will not sell well ((i plan on getting one... when i got some free cash and i see a game i need in my life like KH)) Both systems have a great support from 3rd Parties ((I wonder why people keep forgetting that the 3ds might get some ports from the PS2 as well, seeing as how they already have Metal Gear Snake Eater)) 

I do see how the 3DS can fail, i do see a lot of silly parents not understanding the difference between the systems and denying their child the newness on the market, or silly sales people not properly explaining to the parents that it's a new system ((nintendo really should call it something else... but then look at the GB, GBC, then the GBA... all same name and all sold great)) 

All in all i have to say that the 3DS will win mainly because of exclusives ((and when i say exclusives i mean exclusives)) and a experience you can't get anywhere else ((no offense i can get great looking games on my TV, but i can't get glasses less 3D... yet)) 

... Why did i use so many (())... as if I wasn't typing but actually talking and those are my inside thoughts... hahaha I'm crazy lol

3609-1228-9914

3DS will win, because of the graphics!!

3D vision is part of the graphics, isn't it!?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I don't think any company ever really wins a console war.

The console the software over its lifetime either makes a profit or a loss, nothing more.

Also, I am surprised by the amount negativity people are expressing about the PSP2. As a successor to the 7th most popular gaming system ever made, it has taken all of its predecessor's designs and improved upon them greatly.

They added a larger high resolution OLED multi-touch screen, added a rear multi-touch pad, improved the analog stick, added a second analog stick, upgraded the Wifi to 802.11 b/g/n, added 3G, added bluetooth 2.1, added a front camera, added a rear camera, added an electronic compass, added gyroscopes, added accelerometers, significantly upgraded the graphic capabilities, upgraded the multitasking abilities, upgraded the game media from optical to flash, upgraded the OS and networking features, and are aiming to have about a 7 hour battery life.

Additionally, Sony has gone out of their way to make they system as developer friendly as possible and is even offering game development grants to underfunded studios with good ideas.

It is just disappointing to see such negative attitudes toward Sony's proactive efforts to improve their next generation handheld console.

Around the Network
stopstopp said:
scapegoatsqueal said:
stopstopp said:
scapegoatsqueal said:

PSP2 will tank like the PSP, and $ony will fail to learn its lesson like with the PSP.

Like Sega?

Wow, I feel bad now.

its k, its normal 2 feel bad when u type something stupid. SEGA only went wrong with the Saturn, and they corrected themselves with the Dreamcast

If SEGA wins (or finally stops screwing up Sonic and getting the sales back), I'll admit they learned something.

wins? wins what? besides, the only mediocre Sonic game was Sonic 06, and thats just cuz it was released too early

Above: Best Wii game since Brawl.

I think the market share will be like 60%-65% for 3DS and 40%-35% for PSP2, an increment of 5% percent of the market is possible for PSP.

scapegoatsqueal said:
stopstopp said:
scapegoatsqueal said:
stopstopp said:
scapegoatsqueal said:

Like Sega?

Wow, I feel bad now.

the only mediocre Sonic game was Sonic 06, and thats just cuz it was released too early

I disagree. Sonic and the Black Knight was also rubbish.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

scapegoatsqueal said:
stopstopp said:
scapegoatsqueal said:

Like Sega?

Wow, I feel bad now.

You don't seem to have a good grasp of Sega's history. The Genesis/Mega Drive bombed in Japan. Was well managed in the US. The Sega CD and 32X both tanked globally. The Saturn was success in Japan. It actually lead the market initially and PS1 didn't surpassed for good until FFVII launched. Unforunately, they botched the Saturn completely out side of Japan. When the Dreamcast launched it was doomed. They pissed off 3rd parties and retailers in the West with the Saturns early launch. They did the same with Japanese retailers and 3rd parties by pulling the plug on the Saturn in Japan too soon. When you toss in their 2 billion dollar debt at the DC's launch, it would have taken miracle for them to stay in the hardware market.

It's like 2004 all over again...